"TOYS for ROCKS" toyrun aug 8th Callalantee

...and he's old and forgetful!:rolleyes:

Thanks Doug and Lisa, for all the great hospitality!
I had a blast this weekend.
Thanks for the tow up there, ChrisM...that was awsome of you.
Thanks BDB, for letting me tag along riding with yall.
Thanks Firetoy...that was fun racing ya..lol
Thanks Shelly...remember...paybacks-a-coming!
Thanka toy everyone who brought toys. There will be some happy kids soon!
Oh yeah, Josh(90xj) way to rock the stocker! Very cool...good driving too!

Thanks dylan! Thanks for the tug too! Somehow that was the only one we needed all day.

I forgot how much fun(work) it is to "wheel" a stock vehicle. Drove the fiance's $500 cherokee the hour and a half there, ran with the club all day and drove it home. The rockers are hammered HARD but that just gives me an excuse to replace them with 1/4 wall tube. Going up welder about a mile past the waterfall in a stock cherokee with 235/75 all weather tires is rough. Seeing the new f150 fx4 sitting on a rock, hard on the frame on the way back out was priceless

Thanks dylan! Thanks for the tug too! Somehow that was the only one we needed all day.
I forgot how much fun(work) it is to "wheel" a stock vehicle. Drove the fiance's $500 cherokee the hour and a half there, ran with the club all day and drove it home. The rockers are hammered HARD but that just gives me an excuse to replace them with 1/4 wall tube. Going up welder about a mile past the waterfall in a stock cherokee with 235/75 all weather tires is rough. Seeing the new f150 fx4 sitting on a rock, hard on the frame on the way back out was priceless
That were bald at best too!

he he he
:D
That was offroadin!:driver:
You damn right! The location of the BADASS trail is an ancient secret known only by Obi Wan Ol'Jeeps. I had a blast wheelin with ya'll! Gotta say thanks to Snappy for fixing my brake line in the middle of all this!Til next time,:driver: Later,Paul...

In case you didnt notice, these are STOCK, unlike the rig in your avatar. The waterfall is a big deal for a rig this size. The first two have no lift, no straight axle, no armor, no gearing, no winch, and 31 inch tires. How many people in Built rigs are denied of this obsticle every week? Oh, and they also ran Armorall. You can down us if you want, but I stepped straight out of a hardcore badass rig into this stocker in January, and I know a lil bout wheelin, but thanks for the negativity, its what inspires the lil guys like me to run YOUR trails and say BOOOYA!
The third in the vid was a fully built Toy, not a stocker. I guess it did look easy.
I dare say that my stocker will roll on with YOUR daily driver any day. Good day to you sir.
Bad comment.:rolleyes:

I had an awesome time!!
Got to meet some new folks and I'm sure I missed a few other faces. Thanks to all who brought toys!
I Love Calla and glad I gotta to wheel it more than one day this time.

Pics to come!

If you'd showed up on time you'd seen it. JK it's below the rockgarden.
we were actually out before everybody- we were on welder at 9:15. tried to get out ahead and blast through a few trails before they got all clogged up. I dont know you, and you dont know me, but I saw you (you had a snapon shirt? bandanna?) at the second half of armor all. I was in a green CJ.
so, which garden you talkin about? the older of the two at TOW?

[HiJack]

LoL! We took three, STOCK, ifs toyotas, with spooled rears, and 31's up the waterfall, one right after another, with not much trouble at all.

:confused:
IJS, 7 failed ascents for #1, 6 failed ascents for #2 :) Gotta hand it to #3 though, walked the dog for sure!

In case you didnt notice, these are STOCK, unlike the rig in your avatar. The waterfall is a big deal for a rig this size. The first two have no lift, no straight axle, no armor, no gearing, no winch, and 31 inch tires. How many people in Built rigs are denied of this obsticle every week? Oh, and they also ran Armorall. You can down us if you want, but I stepped straight out of a hardcore badass rig into this stocker in January, and I know a lil bout wheelin, but thanks for the negativity, its what inspires the lil guys like me to run YOUR trails and say BOOOYA!
The third in the vid was a fully built Toy, not a stocker. I guess it did look easy.
I dare say that my stocker will roll on with YOUR daily driver any day. Good day to you sir.

Bad comment.:rolleyes:

I want to address and diffuse this ASAP if possible. No one "downed" you. I simply stated the facts that "spooled rears" are not STOCK and that it did in fact require a little bit of trouble for the IFS rigs to get up. I felt like lol at V8pickup and drkelly was derisive and your statement unfactual and pointed it out. I felt like I gave kudos where they were due and congratulate anyone who makes it up the waterfall no matter the rig or the conditions. Even STOCK ifs rigs with spooled rears :)

[/Un HiJack]

Oh yeah...forgot to mention that this was the first time I made it up the waterfall, without breaking or winching.

Anyone get a pic. of that? Wooo Hoooo Great times!

Thanks Turtle Mechanic, Sat. dinner was excellent. Thanks to everyone collecting toys for a good cause. It was great to put even more faces to all the names I see on here. I was excited to wheel my DD XJ, this was its third outing, and I wasnt disappointed. My 4-yr old son was pretty psyched too. I guess the hardest thing we rode was welder, then we hit the traffic jam at ArmorAll. I split off from drkelly and V8pickup while they played down low, I got stuck in the bypass line. It was a long time, then I was able to back up and I followed another 'stock' XJ on 31s and TJ. I thought we would end up on top of Pull Cable and LilTellico, but that didnt happen. I think I heard someone say Skyline trail, that must have been what we were on. Followed that and caught up with a motley crew including Mountain Ram, Gubni, and nice white CJ-7, a K5 truggy, and a newer dark blue/black XJ that wasnt gonna keep the rear glass for long. Spectated for a while near/at Top of the World, then met back up with DK at camp. Returned to the trails, when a root caught my left front and sliced it wide open. Swapped the fullsize spare on, but one of my other wheels had bark wedged in the bead, I was losing air, so we decided to turn around and grab some dinner.

Thanks again to all, I will be back:driver:

Oh yeah...forgot to mention that this was the first time I made it up the waterfall, without breaking or winching.
On video. I'll burn you a disc!

No proof Dylan, didn't happen, even if we did see it.:flipoff2:
Thats what everybody else said too!

BUT...you expect me/everybody to believe that you wheeled a bone stock xj with slick street tires all the way up Welder trail, and only needed one tug...yeah right....no pics. didnt happen:flipoff2:

WARNING! BADASS is my answer to all things good. Wait until it's not good, then i will say," When your f$cked,your f$cked. Copyright 2009! (00 bowtie) Later...

ive got a video of you but once youtube wants to cooperate i will let you know!

Back