"TOYS for ROCKS" toyrun aug 8th Callalantee

IMHO it was rude. Just my 02.cents.

Dallas,my 7 yr old son drove all of ,old and new Armoral(except for the step-up at the end)in v8pickups runner by himself with no one in the vehicle with him.
dual cases with 4.7..went super slow and was safely strapped in.Big congrads son,Dads proud of you.
thanks Fran!!!!!,now he wants his own little crawler
quickracer11
[/URL][/IMG]
quickracer11
[/URL][/IMG]

I can vouch for the stock yotas. Don't want to get this started again but there VERY few stock(welded rear with stock components) vehicles that could have took the abuse I saw and then drove it back home liks it was no big deal. I knew they were tuff but damn. I hope they got video of the blue one hitting the big hill climb at 40 mph at least 10-15 times. :burnout: It was good meeting you guys BTW.

Dallas,my 7 yr old son drove all of ,old and new Armoral(except for the step-up at the end)in v8pickups runner by himself with no one in the vehicle with him.
dual cases with 4.7..went super slow and was safely strapped in.Big congrads son,Dads proud of you.
thanks Fran!!!!!,now he wants his own little crawler
quickracer11
[/URL][/IMG]
quickracer11
[/URL][/IMG]

Was cool getting to see your son wheel Armor-all. We were the group right in front of you with the white Rodeo and Blue Montero that busted a CV. Spent 3 hours watching the group go through it. Also was cool seeing Dylan out there and the rest of the group. Dylan should become a salesman the way he got Alex (drive of the gray XJ I was riding with) to buy a ticket for the raffle. Next time I will have to drive my truck up there, and stay longer than just a day. Might actually get to do Welder....

Thanks, Doug and Lisa, I had a blast!!! ArmorAll was cool as Hell,,, TNmudders will be back, I'm thinkin, this will be an annual!!! No pics/video here battery died, so post them up if you got them!

LoL! We took three, STOCK, ifs toyotas, with spooled rears, and 31's up the waterfall, one right after another, with not much trouble at all.

Good for you. I have been up waterfall a bunch of times, no trouble at all and sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield! :driver:

Toy run

I had a great time. Thanks to Drkelly for winch to put me back on my wheels. Drkelly & RenegadeT great with wheelin with you.

I went up there last weekend and got deined on "Welder". I almost flopped it trying to jump the SOB. Wheelbase is key on the one. I'm at 110 wb and my width puts me in the hole anyway I hit.

I think width maybe even more key on the waterfall, but WB definitely helps too. My junk is fairly wide with full width axles and 2.5" BS wheels. As you could see from the video, I had to get WAY left on the approach and then turn as I was going up it to keep my right rear out of that hole. That was my second time up it. The first was back in April, and it took me a few more tries that day till I got the right line to keep my right rear from falling in that hole. I know your jeep is probably at least a few inches wider than my junk, so I can imagine that there is no way to keep your right rear from dropping into that hole. You could always fill the hole with rocks, lol.

I'm at 98 wide now. I had a newbie passanger and he about sh*t his pants when I put his side front about 5ft in the air so, I let it bet me. Also we had a group of nine and fix 5 of them on the waterfall, so it was time to move on. I'll get that SOB next time.

i want to shot out a big thanks to the big dixie guys.
somehow i fell into line with them at armor all and busted the rear diffr about 1/2
way thru. those guys fell right in there and helped me winch out the first exit.
now these guys didn't know me from adam and just jumped in to lend a hand.
thanks guys.
i had a kinda rough day--denied waterfall (i guess with a big rock ramp i could have made it)-- no problem on easy out-- then that climb to the right at the bottom of easy out. man i hit that muddy sucker 10-12 times to no avail. the differance in 6 lbs of air
and 12 lbs is amazing. (no spare no air tank but no flats tho)
great to wheel with ya jimmy good to see you and your sidekick.
may be time for the old dawg to rebuild. puppy dawg!

friggin dtich!

ok, so this is what happens when you wheel alone. this is coming from int #49 on skyline near TOW. we were coming down this way to meet green at the sawmill. easy enough and a good fast way out. we ran up on some 4wheelers that were having a heck of a time in a ditch. well it was eaten out under the bank alot more than it looked. it gave way when this pig hit it. Thats a 38" TSL GONE under. a little shovel action and we drove it out. :huggy:

Attachments

• Ditch at Spider Trail.jpg
    Ditch at Spider Trail.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 663
Wow! I noticed it looked like they had dozed a lot of the trails leading up out of the right and top side of the campground area. I guess they didn't get to that one, LOL!

ok, so this is what happens when you wheel alone. this is coming from int #49 on skyline near TOW. we were coming down this way to meet green at the sawmill. easy enough and a good fast way out. we ran up on some 4wheelers that were having a heck of a time in a ditch. well it was eaten out under the bank alot more than it looked. it gave way when this pig hit it. Thats a 38" TSL GONE under. a little shovel action and we drove it out. :huggy:

That trail has been like that for a few years now. Not the typical way down from TOW but it does drop you into the Sawmill before Welder. We almost dumped a Sammi there and two of us holding a tow strap to the bumper is all that kept it from going over.

I can vouch for the stock yotas. Don't want to get this started again but there VERY few stock(welded rear with stock components) vehicles that could have took the abuse I saw and then drove it back home liks it was no big deal. I knew they were tuff but damn. I hope they got video of the blue one hitting the big hill climb at 40 mph at least 10-15 times. :burnout: It was good meeting you guys BTW.
ai77.photobucket.com_albums_j62_jimisouljah_th_summer09058.jpg
abuse of the stock yota!

That trail has been like that for a few years now. Not the typical way down from TOW but it does drop you into the Sawmill before Welder. We almost dumped a Sammi there and two of us holding a tow strap to the bumper is all that kept it from going over.

Is that the alternate yellow trail? Thought they closed that trail?

Back