TOYS for ROCKS!!!...MTN city aug 6th

Just picked up 3 toys today, we are ready to go!
Very cool...we are cleaning up...we have the last 36 lbs of pork to pull tonite....damn...hungry...and need a glass of Vino...5 days....got bbq done and Lisa's famous beans(no spoon needed)...ready to rock....I need a vacation.....wooo!!..

we actually are in process of gpsing whole mnt and plan to enter it into the system so that every one will be able to use their gps's i apoligize that it wont be completed by time of toy run but our maps we have at this point is fairly accruate and we hope to have people riding the mnt to help people find their way if needed. we haven't really took time out to take many new pics but if you look us up on facebook aot of people have been posting pics there for us we also hope to set up a small rock track near the camp this week nothing major just a place so that kids can get to watch ya'll crawl around a little bit but i will ask neeta about pics maybe i can up load them tmr if she has any

Adam call me tonight we have a few things to go over

Got my hydro assist finished, new electric fan in, and plumbed my OBA to an air tank. I think the jeep is ready. I managed to get saturday off so unless something comes up I should be there.

thinkin hard bout heading up for this one, Ive got the time and money for once, the lady's got the weekend off, and I've got new parts to bash.:bounce2:

anybody near the shebly/lincolnton/gaston area headed that way for a day trip saturday? lookin for some folks with similar built rigs to ride with come saturday. I don't wanna be the reason somebody gets held back. :driver:

I had an absolute blast last time I was up there, can't wait!

What is the largest age bracket that we need to buy toys for? I will be picking some up this week and was wondering what to get.

What is the largest age bracket that we need to buy toys for? I will be picking some up this week and was wondering what to get.
That is a good question,we work with head start and the elementary schools...so I'm thinking kinder garten 1st and 2nd grade :confused:I know thats not a real big help.
6 year olds tops?

Use good judgement i reckon,We havent had an issue with not finding a kid to get the toys in the past.

I will try to get an answer today,because now I'm curious:lol:

The thank you cards we have gotten in the past were finger paintings and drawings from kindergarten and 1st grade classes

Heres a few pics from the past this one was one of the first
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_P1010433wer.jpg

This was last year or (year before)and those are 10 foot long tables--Way to go folks:beer:
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_IMG_0540.jpg

so you can see the toys range from cars and trucks to sports equipment to baby dolls,wide range
Last year as well as each year,I wait until nov. and go buy a bunch more when more stuff gets on the shelves and we also have a better idea of what to buy to fill in the gaps So on average we get 2x what is shown in the pics
,last year I bought like 15 baby dolls because we needed more dolls that year.
I bought a bunch of teddy bears one year because they were wanted.
The first pic isnt real good the toys where stacked on top of each other to get the ht in the back,we then started laying them out,better pic for the paper
:beer:

thinkin hard bout heading up for this one, Ive got the time and money for once, the lady's got the weekend off, and I've got new parts to bash.:bounce2:
anybody near the shebly/lincolnton/gaston area headed that way for a day trip saturday? lookin for some folks with similar built rigs to ride with come saturday. I don't wanna be the reason somebody gets held back. :driver:
I had an absolute blast last time I was up there, can't wait!

My family and I will be heading out of Morganton Saturday morning 8ish if you want to head up, you more than welcome to wheel with us.

I wish I could make this... I couldn't leave Asheville till like 1pm on Saturday which puts me out there at 3ish... Hummmmm?

I wish I could make this... I couldn't leave Asheville till like 1pm on Saturday which puts me out there at 3ish... Hummmmm?
So that means you could wheel a few hours,eat,night run and camp...sounds like a plan:popcorn:

We will be running around and my wife and them will be at the first cabin cooking so swing by drop off toys etc and hit the trails

BIG ANNOUNCMENT!!!!
Bring your spare $1 bills to the toy run…no we don’t have strippers:flipoff2:
We are having a raffle for a 4wd vehicle!!!
Yes an SUV with a clean title was donated for this raffle with proceeds going to buy Toys…woo woo
This vehicle was for sale and the very generous owner wants to do this instead of selling it

This is the perfect way to:

1) Get a vehicle and try your hand at Racing in ECORS

2) Get a vehicle that can be turned into a trail pig

3) Get a vehicle for spare parts (lots of these out there) (~$1000+)

4) Get a vehicle you can sell or scrap and turn quick money (~$400 scrap)

5) Get a vehicle that for a few hundred bucks could be a DD

The options are yours, its cheap $1 a ticket so you can buy 5 tickets easily

Vehicle will be on display Saturday morning and we will sell tickets most of the day.

Drawing will be at about 7pm at the cabin, if you can’t get it home on Saturday we will store it at our house for a week or two

I wouldn’t attempt to drive it home, unless your 16 yrs old and have friends to follow you,it drives around good and can be driven on and off a trailer

Only info I can give is it’s a 6cylinder, auto (may have some tranny issue, weird quirks it acts fine one minute and then it doesn’t) something with TCL? And 4wd
So come on out and try to win a 4WD
++++ the owner of vehicle wants to remain Anonymous right now+++

$5 will get you 6 tickets!
$10 will get you 12 tickets!!
$20 will get you 25 tickets!!!

Whatcha think?
Make sure to put your name, screen name and phone number on tickets...we will draw one ticket and some lucky individual will be making vroom vroom noises:driver:

BE nice to know what it is!
I will be buying some tickets, I have a daughter that's needing a ride, if it can be made into a DD it would be great! IF not, Leslie might wanna wheel it some

Hmmm talking like I already won it! LOL

Been checking tire pressures, fluid levels, packing stuff all morning. Gonna be a long couple days till I am on my way!

Can you say " it's not a XJ" :popcorn:

I am out boys. Pulled my rear diff cover and my ring gear is shot. I will be sending my toys with Jason W. You boys have fun and take alot of pictures

I want to come, but I got a few questions because I have never been to Callalantee. If I come up Friday after work it will be dark when I get there, is there some kinda lights around to pitch a tent or just flash lights, I see you can buy lunch and supper is provided but what about breakfast, is this the right address to type in my gps 748 furnace Creek Rd, Mountain City, TN 37683
Any other info about camping would be great
Thanks
please help

I want to come, but I got a few questions because I have never been to Callalantee. If I come up Friday after work it will be dark when I get there, is there some kinda lights around to pitch a tent or just flash lights, I see you can buy lunch and supper is provided but what about breakfast, is this the right address to type in my gps 748 furnace Creek Rd, Mountain City, TN 37683
Any other info about camping would be great
Thanks
please help

Camping is in a camp ground / parking lot type setting, I haven't been there since the upgrades but I do not remember any lights, there is power and showers. The park is close to town and fast food so we normally hit that up for breakfast. The address will get you there.

Back