Stock market

Hey! Negative Ned - take it easy there pal. Who pissed in your cornflakes today? I thought it was all gummy bears and unicorns looking through your rose colored glasses.

Off my meds today :mad:

Anyone interested in buying stocks, check out the phone application "ROBIN HOOD", no trading fees!!!, ive been messing with it a little lately.

Well, Im glad I moved from stocks to gov securities on Monday. Was hoping for a rally, but it looks like this week is going to be a dead cat bounce. S&P500 closed below the 1900 support and will probably go down to at least the 1867 support. Already lost 7% this year, had to stop the bleeding. Looks like I did it just in time as today lost another 2.5%.

Yep, huge drop yesterday. I have not sold anything. I think this correction caught a lot of people off guard.

This market is way too volitile for me to want to jump all the way back in. The most I may go back in is 50%, but I have to see at least a couple good days. Well see.

If you only bought when you felt warm and fuzzy you'd miss the greatest returns in the market. You're young, you have time on your side.

Fundamentals are good in every sector but small/mid cap energy.

We are 10% off the high of last year. This is normal. Gas is cheap, interest rates are low, household and stock market debt are low. Consumers bought a record amount of cars last year. Housing is getting snapped up quick.

Have faith, the US is in good shape.

... Europe's a slow motion humanitarian disaster, China's economy is in the shitter, we're about to have a nuclear war in the middle east.... what me worry?

SPY bounced on support and looks ready to clear 192, so maybe the world doesn't end today.

If you only bought when you felt warm and fuzzy you'd miss the greatest returns in the market. You're young, you have time on your side.

Fundamentals are good in every sector but small/mid cap energy.

We are 10% off the high of last year. This is normal. Gas is cheap, interest rates are low, household and stock market debt are low. Consumers bought a record amount of cars last year. Housing is getting snapped up quick.

Have faith, the US is in good shape.

That's exactly what RBS said!

Or not.....

yeah, fuck if I wasn't debating making teh shift out of S funds on my TSP around the beginning of the year, but decided, Meh, I'll worry about it later.
Oh well

Last edited:
The DOW"N" -525.61 (-3.19%) so far today and falling fast right now. Anybody else have that feeling like we're in for it??? I just can't figure out how this decline revolves around oil??? Only the jobs in the oil sector are hurting. The other 95% (Everybody else) is loving cheap gas.

The DOW"N" -525.61 (-3.19%) so far today and falling fast right now. Anybody else have that feeling like we're in for it??? I just can't figure out how this decline revolves around oil??? Only the jobs in the oil sector are hurting. The other 95% (Everybody else) is loving cheap gas.

You're forgetting about the REITs that own a bunch of vacant buildings in oil country, the banks that loaned the money to the drilling companies, the heavy equipment manufacturers that sold equipment to the oil men, etc, etc. Also, China. A huge chunk of our economic growth in the last few years has been based on selling widgets (CAT, anybody?) to China and to the oil industry.

I guess the announcement this morning of Wal-Mart shutting down hundreds of stores didn't help matters... But go figure, everything they sell is straight from China.

I guess the announcement this morning of Wal-Mart shutting down hundreds of stores didn't help matters... But go figure, everything they sell is straight from China.
I don't like Wal-mart at all, but they sell quite a bit of stuff that's made here in the good old USA. They aren't quite Harbor Freight.

Lots of shorts closing to prepare for a 3 day weekend.

China accounts for 7% of exports representing less than 1% of our GDP principle. Kiplinger still expects 2.7% in GDP growth this year.

Banks have high reserves and the write down on oil REITs will be minimal compared to write downs from 2008. Most were accounted for in 4th quarter.

We are well insulated from China but we are seeing a ripple affect.
I won't deny it could go lower.

It's a long 3 day weekend and we will see two Chinese sessions before market open.

For anyone who ever missed the buying opportunity in 2008, perk your ears up.

I'll be getting some throttle therapy at the Flats tomorrow if anyone wants to talk.

Banks have high reserves and the write down on oil REITs will be minimal compared to write downs from 2008. Most were accounted for in 4th quarter.

What do you think the total value of Q4 oil patch write-downs was?

Look out below!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blew past the August low of 1867 on the S&P500. Next stop for the S&P 500 could be 1780, which is the 200 day moving average.

Check out oil! I heard Iran oil was released like yesterday. That's the driver I guess...

yep, down over 7% today! I have to think that once oil stabilizes for a while, everyone is going to realize how great it is to have cheap ass fuel prices and the market will recover. That could be later in 2016.

Check out oil! I heard Iran oil was released like yesterday. That's the driver I guess...

Obama released sanctions against Iran....they are dumping years worth of reserves on the market. Oil prices are far from bottomed out. I'm thinking Obama did it on purpose, just to tank the economy even worse. No way he's that stupid.

Back