Stock market

Obama released sanctions against Iran....they are dumping years worth of reserves on the market. Oil prices are far from bottomed out. I'm thinking Obama did it on purpose, just to tank the economy even worse. No way he's that stupid.

Yes... WAYYYYY!

Who's watching?

Who's watching?

I ain't looking. Been retired for 3 weeks now. If I look, I might feel like I have to go back to work. :confused:

I'm always watching the market, but I have not checked my Etrade account or my 401k in at least a couple of weeks since the down turn started. I don't want to see the carnage, LOL. My father on the other hand checks every day and complains about how much money he has lost on paper whenever I call him.

Some say that this volitility shows this is the bottom. Some are saying we still have a little ways to go down before it rockets back up. I have been sitting on the sidelines for the last couple weeks in securities that cant lose but only make a very small gain. I am itching to jump back in. I may jump back in only 25% and leave the other 75% in the safety of the securities until I see something that makes me want to go more in.

Japan just inverted their National APR.
It's fawking negative.

I wonder if I can get a mortgage there for my house here....

Oil has been up every day this week up to $35+/- now from a bottom of $27 at the end of last week. Diesel just hit $1.95 in Durham and gas at $1.79 (I know that's higher than everywhere else - fawkers). But relatively speaking, I think it's time to start stockpiling on fuel?

Election years have been notoriously sucking for the stock market... This year is tremendously no exception by looking at our choices.

The S&P 500 finally broke free of the sideways 1900 range it was stuck in for the previous 5 trading sessions.

Well, this isn't looking good, lol.

The "freak out" word now is that we're not only sliding back into a recession but a de.... (shhh!!!) Hopefully just another recession if anything??? All it would take is for job creation to slow and we're in for.

Regardless, this ain't good at all for some of us in certain fields of work like myself. It's already slowing compared to this time last year.

Looks like we might be headed back down.

Don't think so...ups and downs yes, but I don't think we are headed to a correction -- yet. Put more cash in last month when every thing was on sale. Was looking at GM last night....hard to pass up 5.15 yield.

Last edited:
Everybody is looking at GM right now. But how conservative is it? It does seem to have guaranteed gov't backing...

Don't think so...ups and downs yes, but I don't think we are headed to a correction -- yet. Put more cash in last month when every thing was on sale. Was looking at GM last night....hard to pass up 5.15 yield.

I wouldn't touch the auto industry with a 10ft pole.

....and that's why they are pushing out 5 pct

....and that's why they are pushing out 5 pct

25% of auto loans last year were "subprime". 30% of auto loans are for 74 months or longer. The average loan term is 67 months. Average age of the US fleet is 11 years (and holding). Bottom line is that current car sales are juiced by seven years of deferred purchases aided by aggressive lending. That can only go on for so long. And should repossessions increase (delinquincies are at at post-08 high), the used market will further hamper automaker's ability to drive sales.

74 and 67 months???? Are you serious? You need your head examined if you're buying stuff other than real estate that you need to finance that long.

74 and 67 months???? Are you serious? You need your head examined if you're buying stuff other than real estate that you need to finance that long.
Lol ..youd rather spend your 32k upfront rather then finance it out at 3%?

Ill keep my savings account and have a loan for a few years...

How else do you expect to pay for a $65k pickup truck on a $40k/yr salary?

Lol ..youd rather spend your 32k upfront rather then finance it out at 3%?

Ill keep my savings account and have a loan for a few years...

No he'd rather drive a $15k truck that dos the job just as good.

I wouldn't touch the auto industry with a 10ft pole.

I wish i had bought some Tesla a few weeks or so ago, lol. I was watching it drop and talked myself into believing that cheap gas was going to stall future sales and the stock price was going to stay down. Man was i wrong.

Still rather keep 15k to make me money over 6 years. And if you finance a used truck youll pay more then a new truck in the end.

I see no reason not to finance cars and real estate.

I hate any other kind of debt.

But i get your point Ron.

Back