Ranger SAS

got some work done on the track bar bracket. next step is steering. i decided to go with the xkut reamer to fit the 85 blazer tie rod ends. should be here in a few days

Attachments

• track bar 1.jpg
    track bar 1.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 758
Lookin good so far. You go to State? I remember seeing a ttb ranger that color rocking some MASSIVE positive camber parked on campus.

Lookin good so far. You go to State? I remember seeing a ttb ranger that color rocking some MASSIVE positive camber parked on campus.
i did go to state a few years ago. not sure about the massive camber tho. that ttb is nearly impossible to properly align, esp with ball joints and wheel bearings going bad all the time

I am in the shitty Turlington hall arts village. somehow I got stuck with 127 of the weirdest people I ever seen. I dont even talk to my roommate ha.
Anyone want to stop by around 8am tomorrow and take my calculus 141 exam?

well after a few weeks of little productivity i finally am on to the steering. 85 blazer tre's with 1.5" DOM. went with the x-kut reamer, so far not disappointed.
reaming the knuckle:
knuckle 1.jpg
pass side steering:
TRE 1.jpg
close up
TRE 2.jpg

ignore the old tie rod. i was using it for sizing purposes

long over due for an update...
wasnt too productive over christmas/new years but worked on it a little here and there. had some trouble getting the pitman arm off to ream it. broke one puller and beat the crap out of the pitman and heated it but finally came loose. got the new calipers, rotors etc installed and finally got it on its own weight again. got the front end roughly aligned and took it for a quick maiden voyage down the street (no shocks yet). it did fairly well but getting major fender scrub on the driver side even with EB 5.5" springs! had to take a 18543249 point turn in the cul-de-sac! still need to get it better aligned and get the brakes bled then on to the rear 9in.
heres some pics:
front 1.jpg
side 1.jpg
front 2.jpg

It's nice to see something other than Toys and Jeeps. This is looking awesome, not fond of the color though.

nice, how far out did you have to space the coil buckets, I am about to do one on a 91 ranger, not sure if I am going leafs or coils yet. I have a 44/9 set and a 60/10.25 set at the house both with 4.10 gears. and a fuel injected 302

nice, how far out did you have to space the coil buckets, I am about to do one on a 91 ranger, not sure if I am going leafs or coils yet. I have a 44/9 set and a 60/10.25 set at the house both with 4.10 gears. and a fuel injected 302
i think the spacing is about 2 1/4" cause i needed 3" on each side and with the coil retainer on the axle flipped, that put the springs inboard about 3/4"

working on the rear right now. don't have any great pics but heres a couple rolling the old out and new in. cleaned it up a bit
9inch.jpg
Rear.jpg

well i thought it might be time for another update. gotten a few more things done since i last posted. got the rear end put in but went for a long while with no shocks, cause i couldnt decide what i wanted. i pulled the bed off to clean up the frame rails and build the rear shock mount (for which i reused the old mounts off the 9in). i wont have as much up travel as i'd like outta the rear shocks, but i guess this is what i'll stick with for now.
onto the pics...
rear shock mount
rear shock mount.jpg
fender trim on the front
fender trim.jpg
bilsteins for the front
front shocks.jpg

a few more of the rear shocks
rear shock install.jpg
rear shocks.jpg
next step will be to put the gears and detroit in the front. then time for the real test drive :driver:

Builds looking great!

Back