Ranger SAS

GrnRanger

and it begins...

After a year and a half collecting parts, the sas finally commences. Heres the collection:

HPD44 from 78 bronco
9in from 82/85 bronco
detroit front and rear on 4.88s
WH progressive coils
running 36 irok bias

:driver:

no more ttb

Attachments

• No_TTB.jpg
    No_TTB.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,079
  • RA.JPG
    RA.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 938
  • RA_link.JPG
    RA_link.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 925
Its a good feeling when you get all that TTB crap removed isn't it? Looks good.

yeah and the TTB drops out so easily too, like 4 bolts or something. lookin good, much cleaner than my old 88 with leaf springs...

its been slow progress past few weeks. got the radius arm brkts fabbed up and mostly finished. got one coil bucket remounted, i'll get pics of that later.

Attachments

• RA_bracket 1.jpg
    RA_bracket 1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 686
  • RA_bracket rough.jpg
    RA_bracket rough.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 684
Looks great man. Same thing Im planning to do with my Explorer what the dimensions on the pipe you used to extend the radius arms or did you buy them somewhere?

Looks great man. Same thing Im planning to do with my Explorer what the dimensions on the pipe you used to extend the radius arms or did you buy them somewhere?
i had them machined from a piece of solid barstock by a buddy. theyre 12" end to end and made to thread onto the 3/4-10 threads of the radius arms and the other end to the heim. foxracin, i got your PM, i'll get back to you on that.

i had them machined from a piece of solid barstock by a buddy. theyre 12" end to end and made to thread onto the 3/4-10 threads of the radius arms and the other end to the heim. foxracin, i got your PM, i'll get back to you on that.

Alrighty man just let me know. I could really use them. Appreciate it.

a pic from ure a while back...
after all said and done, hoping to get a bit more flex outa those WH EB coils

Attachments

• poser1.JPG
    poser1.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,071
any updates
not much. my oxy/act torch was crappin out on me. had to get that sorted out. got a little done over the weekend maybe i can post some pics tonite or tomorrow. i'm havin issues with the passenger coil spring bowing, i'll try to get a pic of that. its bowing towards the front.

update: got the pass coil bucket cut, spaced from the frame and attached. i worked on gettin some of the bow outta the pass spring. seems to be better but not perfect... any thoughts? i already put 3 washers under the front of the coil spring retainer on the radius arm (no pics of that) and rotated the coil bucket slightly.
on to the pics:

Attachments

• bucket.jpg
    bucket.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 520
  • coil 1.jpg
    coil 1.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 558
It looks like its just because the spring is not under load. The lower coil pad is not level right now, but with tires and standing alone, it should be fine. If it is just a trail rig, it shouldnt be a problem.

It looks like its just because the spring is not under load. The lower coil pad is not level right now, but with tires and standing alone, it should be fine. If it is just a trail rig, it shouldnt be a problem.
yeah hopefully it will be fine once finished. i jacked up that side and theres still some bow, but maybe with some settling once i get it rolling it will be better.

Back