Random Thoughts.....

yep I have those come up at work all the time.

I use book characters' names, w/ underscore between names to serve as the special character.

Passwords are so much easier to remember when they are combos of real words

And more secure.
When passwords get more secure people store them electronically in a word document or similar which is much easier to steal than it is to spoof someone's brain

That said I used to work with this dude who was a real POS. I mean first class asshole.
He was nearly unstable. And would throw raging fits if he had to reset a password. I mean throwing a monitor out in the hall fits.
He was also OCD and when he had to reset a password he would go through and change every single password he had in every application to match.

He was also very possessive of certain work tasks. We had 3 or 4 programs that only he had a login to, because he wanted to be important.

The main company password system wasn't too bad.
8 characters, 1 upper,1lower,1number. No single dictionary word. No more than 3 characters could be in the same location as last password and no exact match in last 24 passwords.

Over the years however he had been out on vacation or whatever and we learned his password naming philosphy.
It was:
Wolfpack1(2,3..12)
or
Destinee1(2,3,4..12) <- BTW Destinee was the stage name of the stripper he left his pregnant wife and 2 year old daughter for. Who subsequently drained his bank account and fled. Told ya he was a POS...

Anyway, when things were a little to lowkey at the office or douchenozzle was really being an ass to one of the younger trainees...someone would distract him or get him out into the warehouse to look at something...and it only took a few guesses to get to his password. The CTRL+K -> Change Password and back to the desk.
It only took about 30 minutes and you'd hear shit start flying. It was glorious. Im laughing just thinking back on it.

have a customer that requires a 20 character password. can't have more than 3 caps, lower case, upper functions etc in a row. can't repeat a character. can't have more than 5 characters repeat when password changed. requires password change every 60 days. pain in the rump.
Don't forget, you can't use one of your last 10 passwords either.

That said I used to work with this dude who was a real POS. I mean first class asshole.
He was nearly unstable. And would throw raging fits if he had to reset a password. I mean throwing a monitor out in the hall fits.
He was also OCD and when he had to reset a password he would go through and change every single password he had in every application to match.

He was also very possessive of certain work tasks. We had 3 or 4 programs that only he had a login to, because he wanted to be important.

8 characters, 1 upper,1lower,1number. No single dictionary word. No more than 3 characters could be in the same location as last password and no exact match in last 24 passwords.

Over the years however he had been out on vacation or whatever and we learned his password naming philosphy.
It was:
Wolfpack1(2,3..12)
or
Destinee1(2,3,4..12) <- BTW Destinee was the stage name of the stripper he left his pregnant wife and 2 year old daughter for. Who subsequently drained his bank account and fled. Told ya he was a POS...

Anyway, when things were a little to lowkey at the office or douchenozzle was really being an ass to one of the younger trainees...someone would distract him or get him out into the warehouse to look at something...and it only took a few guesses to get to his password. The CTRL+K -> Change Password and back to the desk.
It only took about 30 minutes and you'd hear shit start flying. It was glorious. Im laughing just thinking back on it.
Why would such an unstable douchenozzle continue to have a job? That's the kind of shit we usually see in the .gov b/c somebody can't be fired.

It was:
Wolfpack1(2,3..12)
or

This dude sounds like pure entertainment. You could've made some money with a hidden camera and a YouTube channel. I would have pushed his buttons to the brink of insanity.

Why would such an unstable douchenozzle continue to have a job? That's the kind of shit we usually see in the .gov b/c somebody can't be fired.

Because he was 1 or 2 standard deviations of intelligent in a field of very intelligent folks.
He also was very socially aware and played the political game. He could make anyone think he loved them.

Because he was 1 or 2 standard deviations of intelligent in a field of very intelligent folks.
He also was very socially aware and played the political game. He could make anyone think he loved them.
It takes a lot more intelligence to be a good liar than an honest human being. Fact.

It takes a lot more intelligence to be a good liar than an honest human being. Fact.
Agreed.

Another favorite quote.
Good liars give details. Great liars dont.

Well put XJ, but I slightly disagree. There are some of us with the intelligence necessary, but have morals and integrity. I could've probably done well if I'd lied, cheated, and stole, but some things are more important. Not arguing with you, just saying.
This is the reason a lot of us aren't very wealthy.

This is the reason a lot of us aren't very wealthy.

I could write a book :shaking: and certainly sellout many MANY folks that tried to get me to think of them, myself, and our mutual advancement. Walked away from 2 well paying jobs, and a decades long friendship as a result.

41 never had poison ivy or such......Bush hog front end loader plus reckless abandon and a large infested overgrown area equals poison head to toe. Well it feels like it anyway.
1495056216908466984507.jpg
1495056420060-446063615.jpg

Maybe a third of what I got done. I'd be plum dangerous with some real equipment.

Last edited:
Not really sure where this should go...but I had my daily executive management report yesterday. Not very unusual, I hook up my laptop to the projector and meeting share thing. About 20 people are involved in this meeting. I didn't close out of unused files/tabs before unhooking from my docking station, and when my screens resized for optimal resolution...NC4x4 popped up as the first thing on my screen. Just so happened the header pic was @CasterTroy ...everyone got a chuckle, I laughed, they laughed...then got really awkward when they started asking what 'NC4x4 really meant, if it had pics like that'.

41 never had poison ivy or such......Bush hog front end loader plus reckless abandon and a large infested overgrown area equals poison head to toe. Well it feels like it anyway.View attachment 247391 View attachment 247392
Maybe a third of what I got done. I'd be plum dangerous with some real equipment.

From what I have seen and heard, the poison is something fierce this year. Not really sure why, bu it has come up everywhere around my place. I feel like im going to spend alot of $$ in poison controlling it this summer.

I laughed, they laughed...then got really awkward when they started asking what 'NC4x4 really meant, if it had pics like that'.

Our secretary (Presidents wife) had printed a bunch of 8x10's of my various photochops of me and cats (I HATE cats BTW...that's the joke) and hid them in random places: The back of the towel dispenser, the last sheet in the xerox machine, the backside of some of our doors, the ceiling above the mens toilet....

SO we're all a little sick and twisted here in MY office

Well, and I just got THESE to terrorize everyone

stickers.jpg

so major league baseball is going to conduct an investigation to determine if a player used an "anti-gay" slur during a baseball game. upon completion of the investigation they will determine is disciplinary actions are warranted. ridiculous.

so major league baseball is going to conduct an investigation to determine if a player used an "anti-gay" slur during a baseball game. upon completion of the investigation they will determine is disciplinary actions are warranted. ridiculous.

svnqMPj.gif

So the liberals are demanding an investigation to see if something pissed off a liberal?
We all know where this is going.

Just replaced the factory batteries in my 2007 dodge. I hope the new ones last half as long.

Just replaced the factory batteries in my 2007 dodge. I hope the new ones last half as long.

The ones in my 03 were the same way.

On the other hand, the fucking Explorer is on its 3rd or 4th battery.

Annoying: website password rules that automatically make you change them every 6 months
Really annoying: password cannot match your last *5* passwords
Super annoying: you rarely use said site, and have no idea what any of those previous 4 passwords were, and they won't tell you.

LastPass

Back