Random Thoughts.....

I've been at the same place since 1987 and my boss is an asshole but he says I'm not replaceable so I labor on...
I’ve met him. You’re right. :flipoff2:

The best way to 'get ahead' is definitely to change jobs. I've seen people at my work change jobs every 3-5 years and slowly move their way up in 'title'. I've also seen people leave the company and come back and use that to slowly move their way up.

I've been at the same place for 22 years, and on average have had a new group manager every 3 years. I've had a promotion and some good raises recently. My work has a really nice gym in the building next door. I also get a LOT of ETO. I'm content and looking forward to hopefully retiring early.

Pro-tip: Apply for a different job at your current place of work at least once every few years even if you are not really interested in that position. I'm pretty sure your current GM will find out either formally or informally. Also, pull up your company's job posting page and leave it up on your computer every now and then so your current boss sees it. If you are good at what you do, he won't want to lose you.:D

Last edited:
I'm way behind then. Been at the same place for 17 years. Coworker sent an in house article the other day about an employee that's been here 50 years o_O
I've been at the same place for 14 years. I have had other offers, but when you calculate what they match for 401k, Health Insurance, stock rewards EVERY year, fed holidays off, 26 days of PTO and about to go to 30 days next year, plus I'm home every night and weekend with my family. Its hard to find all that.
Yall hiring?
We are! Just need 10 years of Banking Experience and be sponsored by someone.

I've been at the same place for 14 years. I have had other offers, but when you calculate what they match for 401k, Health Insurance, stock rewards EVERY year, fed holidays off, 26 days of PTO and about to go to 30 days next year, plus I'm home every night and weekend with my family. Its hard to find all that.

We are! Just need 10 years of Banking Experience and be sponsored by someone.

Well, was worth a shot!

The best way to 'get ahead' is definitely to change jobs. I've seen people at my work change jobs every 3-5 years and slowly move their way up in 'title'. I've also seen people leave the company and come back and use that to slowly move their way up.

I've been at the same place for 22 years, and on average have had a new group manager every 3 years. I've had a promotion and some good raises recently. My work has a really nice gym in the building next door. I also get a LOT of ETO. I'm content and looking forward to hopefully retiring early.

Pro-tip: Apply for a different job at your current place of work at least once every few years even if you are not really interested in that position. I'm pretty sure your current GM will find out either formally or informally. Also, pull up your company's job posting page and leave it up on your computer every now and then so your current boss sees it. If you are good at what you do, he won't want to lose you.:D
This is what I have started doing. I will go "shadow" other departments to get an idea on what all they do. It certainly gets people talking and it just so happens that I recently got a raise... Could not be related, but I like to think it is. I am actually shadowing a department now and have been for the last couple weeks here and there and everyone is convinced that I am leaving, but I honestly haven't made up my mind if I want to take it or not, but it certainly gives me options.

At what point do you walk out of the doctors office? My appointment was set for 10 and I’m still sitting in the exam room waiting on the doctor.
Done it. And they billed me. Talk about double irritated.

At what point do you walk out of the doctors office? My appointment was set for 10 and I’m still sitting in the exam room waiting on the doctor.
Maybe it's a new kind of stress test?
They are watching you get more and more agitated through a hidden camera!

My doctor buddy and I joke that the only required class to get your MD/DO is Center-Of-Universe 101. Well, he thinks I'm joking anyway. 🤷

13+ years for the same company. Started out as an inspector. Currently program lead.

Matching 401k, ownership plan, PTO/Sick etc etc.

I don't get the job hopping mentality.

We are hiring.

Not all companies offer matches, decent PTO, or a positive work environment.

not to mention anyone looking to buy a house now is slapped in the face with majorly inflated house prices.....gotta make a bigger paycheck just to live.

millions of people wanting/needing a better situation

My dad's Dr is so bad for this that the receptionist will start calling people down the list and tell them not to come in until the office calls them. He's a very popular Dr in our town and that's how it's been for 30+ years. It's not unusual for folks to have 9pm appointments there. Will call normally starts around 10 am.

2 hours after my scheduled time would probably be me walking out. Maybe 1.5 hours.

What I don't understand is how do you get 2 hours behind by 10am? WTF?

I read a story on a lady with cancer that tracked all of the times she was waiting past her appointments and ended up suing for lost time and wages and actually won. As irritating as it is randomly, imagine being there several times a week for the same problem. I get so pissed off in situations like that. I seriously believe that’s why many facilities have went to pre pay.

2 hours after my scheduled time would probably be me walking out. Maybe 1.5 hours.

What I don't understand is how do you get 2 hours behind by 10am? WTF?
Honestly after 15 minutes I'm asking what the holdup is, and after a half hour I'm telling them to reschedule because my time is valuable too. Usually that gets an apology and a "real" answer on the timeline. I've never had to wait more than about 35-40 minutes, so not sure what I'd do after that.

would you move into tight city neighborhood, park cars all over your front yard, blast sh*tty music, all the while yelling at the 6 other people you live with in a 2 bedroom house, with the front door wide open and throwing trash in your front yard?

curious if this is the new norm in the new America

no one seems to push back, from what I can tell

Last edited:
Honestly after 15 minutes I'm asking what the holdup is, and after a half hour I'm telling them to reschedule because my time is valuable too. Usually that gets an apology and a "real" answer on the timeline. I've never had to wait more than about 35-40 minutes, so not sure what I'd do after that.
Pro tip: Always, Always schedule the first appointment of the day.

Pro tip: Always, Always schedule the first appointment of the day.
F that. 9:30 is where it’s at. I’d much rather sleep in and just be a little later for work.

Having one of those days where I'm fed up with every fuhken body

Last edited:
F that. 9:30 is where it’s at. I’d much rather sleep in and just be a little later for work.
You sure you don’t work the .gov?

I got shit to do…same amount whether I get there at 10 or 6…get me there early as possible so I can get on with my day

HEY! I resent that.

We wouldn't hire him.

... he's too productive.

I got shit to do…same amount whether I get there at 10 or 6…get me there early as possible so I can get on with my day
Takes the same amount of time whether I start early or late, and I'm a night owl ;)

Back