Random Thoughts.....

Fucking yellow tree semen needs to go away!!!
Hahaha. My bees are loving it. Bright red, yellow, and green coming in by the bee load!

You have to wait your entire life to find out whether you get murdered or not.

I haven’t done stove top popcorn in forever. Meaning, since I was a wee toddler and I watched my mom.

What size pot do you suggest for 3/4 cup of kernels?
I use a 5qt stainless pot and 1/2 cup of kernels. It fills the pot and leaves enough room to toss in an 8 qt bowl with salt and melted butter and that's more than enough for the 6 of us. It's the only way I've made it for over 10 years.

Yup, tall stainless pot ftw. Ideal if you can put a lid over it to keep those suckers from escaping.

Schools today are pathetic.

Due to the Solar Eclipse today, school is optional attendance. THE FAWK WHAT? for something that is partial eclipse at best where we are, and lasts a few minutes? Teachers and students alike didn't' show up for school. My kid was walking around a ghost town of a school.

Why not make this an educational experience if nothing else, and then get your ass back in class.

Due to the Solar Eclipse today, school is optional attendance. THE FAWK WHAT? for something that is partial eclipse at best where we are, and lasts a few minutes? Teachers and students alike didn't' show up for school. My kid was walking around a ghost town of a school.

Why not make this an educational experience if nothing else, and then get your ass back in class.

The PTO at my kids school bought glasses for all the kids to be able to view the eclipse, with parents permission.

The county sent out a message yesterday saying that no kids were going to be allowed outside from 1-430 this afternoon, to keep them safe.

As of this morning, my kids school is still planning to have a viewing party. We'll see how it turns out. The peak coverage is expected for 3pm, which is when they let out school.

I agree. My daughters school is doing indoor recess today, which I get. I remember being in 2nd or 3rd grade and there was a total solar eclipse and we spent the week before making these boxes that we could look through and the day it happened, it was a big deal and we spent the whole day preparing for it. Its honestly one of the best days I ever had. I just remember how cool it was when we went outside and how dark it was.

I think it is REALLY dumb how big a deal they make over an eclipse. It doesn't even get that dark. A typical summer thunderstorm is much more exciting.

Reacting to potential litigation is the move, they can’t keep your kid from staring at the sun, you may not be able to either, but instead of actual education or how and why, we just won’t do it, it’s cheaper that way.

I was home sick in 1977 where I grew up wasn’t close to having much effect, I was watching it on TV was as exciting as it could be for a 10yo
2017 I was home with my kid watching thru welding lenses.
Have welding helmet sitting out for wife should she decide she wants to watch, the rest of my family is in Robinson IL in center of totality for 4.5min of darkness, drove 4 hours to do that….
Should you want to know….

I think it is REALLY dumb how big a deal they make over an eclipse. It doesn't even get that dark. A typical summer thunderstorm is much more exciting.
They always act like they only come so many hundreds of years but it seems like every other year we get them

Reacting to potential litigation is the move, they can’t keep your kid from staring at the sun, you may not be able to either, but instead of actual education or how and why, we just won’t do it, it’s cheaper that way.

I was home sick in 1977 where I grew up wasn’t close to having much effect, I was watching it on TV was as exciting as it could be for a 10yo
2017 I was home with my kid watching thru welding lenses.
Have welding helmet sitting out for wife should she decide she wants to watch, the rest of my family is in Robinson IL in center of totality for 4.5min of darkness, drove 4 hours to do that….
Should you want to know….

Last one I saw in NC about 6-7 years ago, I had to double up the welding helmet lenses. 😁

Here they said it is a "forgiven" day for not attending IF you are making a trip to do an eclipse viewing or something. Its at 3:15, which is only during the school day for elementary, and even then its the very end.
I think they don't want to discourage kids from doing something to go see it, given its pretty rare and super cool and a nice science lesson.

thats only if you're NOT in the path of totality. If you are - it is pretty damn amazing. It gets REALLY dark.

Sometimes you just feel like a sucker for caring or paying taxes
Taken yesterday in Garner

Attachments

• IMG_20240407_123127222.jpg
    IMG_20240407_123127222.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 47
thats only if you're NOT in the path of totality. If you are - it is pretty damn amazing. It gets REALLY dark.
I think even us getting 80+% is still pretty fascinating. I watched the PBS special they had last night and its really incredible. I would love to be in the path of totality and experience that.

I think even us getting 80+% is still pretty fascinating. I watched the PBS special they had last night and its really incredible. I would love to be in the path of totality and experience that.
We did it in 2017, took a trip to TN to see family and went out into a field as a group. Was totally worth it. It was shocking how dark it got.
Next totality here is in something like 20 years. I plan to be long retired and who knows if I'll even be able to see by then.

I wonder if we will ever get the entire story....but gotta grow that population.....at all costs and nothing else matters!

wonder who Bianca and her family voted for?

Back