Random pic thread.

@Jody Treadway

Does your bike have a banana hammock??

Made to Order Bike banana holder leather bike accessories bike | Etsy

il_1588xN.1214989419_5hok.jpg

Hell yeah! You can put it on your fixie for those rides to the coffee shop or the record store. Hipster heaven.

I haven't looked at the Etsy ad, but assume there's a lot talk of "curated", and "authentic". Bonus for additional storage for your tin of moustache wax.

Hell yeah! You can put it on your fixie for those rides to the coffee shop or the record store. Hipster heaven.

I haven't looked at the Etsy ad, but assume there's a lot talk of "curated", and "authentic". Bonus for additional storage for your tin of moustache wax.
Let's not forget "bespoke" :rolleyes: :lol:

Went to look at a wood stove today and wound up buying a truck too.
b73207a485246a7f4ebfe6132f41e1c3.jpg

221d0f40859bc8806865a107d1c1da72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HELL yea! I love a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants type folks. My people right here!!

No self-respecting hipster would get that. They insist on free-range bananas. :smokin::sniper:

Interesting. Had to Google that one. Looks like epitrochoidal motion like a rotary engine, but the rotor housing is almost inside-out (sort of, kinda, arguably)...
Where did you find the diagrams or whatever? All I’ve found in my 3 attempts at google is investment opportunities.

Where did you find the diagrams or whatever? All I’ve found in my 3 attempts at google is investment opportunities.

Liquid Piston ━ Introducing the X mini engine

I just Googled "liquidpiston".

On their site is a picture and a video (I just found the video). Instead of moving a 3-lobe rotor inside an epitrochoid housing, and having combustion events take place in a single area of the housing when each lobe travels by, they're moving a epitrochoid rotor in a housing with 3 identical chambers, and using the rotor to sequence the 3 chambers.

I'm arguing with myself about whether the power integral is different between the two, at least just based on the chamber sequence...

I'm not sure how they're solving the apex seal durability problems by moving the seal from the rotor to the housing (they basically say "Yay, we've solved the seal problems!"), but I infer it's probably related to lower seal velocity and acceleration. I'm definitely not a rotary engine expert.

Last edited:

On their site is a picture and a video (I just found the video). Instead of moving a 3-lobe rotor inside an epitrochoid housing, and having combustion events take place in a single area of the housing when each lobe travels by, they're moving a epitrochoid rotor in a housing with 3 identical chambers, and using the rotor to sequence the 3 chambers.

I'm arguing with myself about whether the power integral is different between the two, at least just based on the chamber sequence...
Interesting. It’s definitely a rotary style engine using a 2/3 piece impeller for intake/exhaust/compression. I’ll have to play with that tomorrow and see how that actually works out.

I'm not sure how they're solving the apex seal durability problems by moving the seal from the rotor to the housing (they basically say "Yay, we've solved the seal problems!"), but I infer it's probably related to lower seal velocity and acceleration. I'm definitely not a rotary engine expert.
I'll have to ask one of my buddies in the Vehicle Technologies Directorate about this.
This kind of crazy next-gen stuff is exactly what they do. High risk/high payoff new ways of doing things with small engines. So they are in tune with what is likely a real revolutionary change vs not.

Strange creatures...
20200924_223528.jpg

Found this on my kitchen counter, not sure what it is

5D830B32-D62D-4496-8020-9E934EB932E3.jpeg

Back