PIT BULLS

holy crap man, what do you do, animal control?

Nope, just was in the wrong places at the wrong times. All of the attacks happened years ago (from when I was 7 until I was 13, am 36 now). All were either friend's or family's dogs except the 2 Dobermans and they came into my yard to attack my Lab (who killed one and sent the other one to the vet's for an extended visit). In fact, the Poodle was my dog and decided one day that he didn't like the way I looked and split my upper lip in two (we think he had epilepsy and was having an episode at the time). Good thing I absolutely love dogs or I would have been deathly afraid of all dogs based on my past history with them.

Some interesting and provoking posts in this thread. Then you get past page 4 and it turns into this...
602__image_09.jpg

Yeah John... well thats what we do here.. We make good points and then don't shut up about it until something else interesting comes along....

Your not that new to online forums are you??? lol

Yeah John... well thats what we do here.. We make good points and then don't shut up about it until something else interesting comes along....
Your not that new to online forums are you??? lol
Of course I'm not a newbie. How else would I have the skills to post cool and interesting south park pics to get my point across?:flipoff2:

X2... Our Jeep Dog... Wrinkles... Stationed out in Cali and he was found by one of my troops. i agreed to hold onto him while we put fliers out for found dog... no one ever called so we kept him... that was 7 years ago. never attacked anyone, of course the nieghbors chickens that fenture into the yard are fair game. we also have 3 Kittys that will walk on him while he sleeps and he does nothing...
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v92_fdrose_tellico_20pics_c_do_you_know_me.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v92_fdrose_tellico_20pics_o_are_we_stopped_again.jpg

no stuffed animal with a squeeky inside is safe...
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v92_fdrose_GA_wrinkles.jpg

I have owned several dogs over the years.

100 LB Lab/Sheppard mix - best dog I ever had. Loved the kids and was fiercely protective of them, my wife, and myself. This dog broke a choker chain to get to a dog that was trying to attack my kids in road. He tore the other dog a new ass, then chased it home (2 houses away), and then came back to me and sat down.

Had some little dog that was a mix of lots of things. This dog was raised by us just like the above dog at the same time. However even after training and working with this dog I had to finally put him by his self in the back of the yard inside a fence. He was just plain mean and it was not from anything we had done to him. He just wanted to bite I was the only person he would not try and bite. He was only about a 15 LB dog so he was not a real threat to anyone, but I will not have a dog that bites of any breed. SO he had to go.

Had a Red Tick Coon hound and she was the absolute sweetest dog in the world loved to play and was great with kids. Just barked alot.

Currently I have 2 dogs.
1 year old Chocolate Lab. She is a sweetheart and does not even bark most of the time.

5 year old Jack Russell. He is crazy never bites anybody or barks but is crazy. He is a fun dog to play with.

None of these dogs have ever bite anyone but the chance is always there. I honestly am not comfortable around Pitt Bulls and it is not from any first hand knowledge of the dogs. It comes from the reports, the statistics, and what I hear see in the headlines. I however do love Rotti's and that comes from first hand knowledge of the dogs. So you see I am ignorant of any real Pitt Bull knowledge and most likely will never own one because of that ignorance. Anyone who leaves a small child alone with any breed of dog is aasking for trouble. The child does not always understand they are irritating or even hurting the dog when they pull at them. Most attacks I have seen are exactly that. A child being left alone with the dog. I know when my son was small I had to watch him closer then I did the dog. He would hurt the dog a lot sooner then the dog would hurt him. Once the pain starts and the chiild does not stop then the dog reacts. Bam you have another dog attack. Bottom line is be rsponsible for your animals and your kids. If you are responsible you lessen the chance of a tragedy.

Back