Open Invite at the Flats! - May 28-30 + Sept 17-19

I am ready to see everyone on the new trails and some of the old ones. Gonna be a blast

Probably won't be able to make it this month because my XJ needs a new steering box. The money that is going to the new box WAS going to buy a wheel for my spare tire, and a recovery kit. Oh well.:shaking:

After breaking my CJ on some trails at URE last weekend, I am going to try to get it ready (and beg my wife for permission) so that I can be there!

Just a reminder, RV's, Campers, tents, are all welcome. There is however no hook ups, electric, water or sewage on the property. so bring what ya need. Port-potys will be provided at both the parking/camping area as well as the upperflats camping area. As of right now we have a food vendor for Saturday only, breakfast included.

Thanks for putting on this event.

we will be there friday afternoon,pitch a tent on the upper flats.wheeling saturday.Will be a great time

Rock Corps Board had a meeting yesterday to hash out some details. Here are some things to look forward to.

We will allow fires for individuals. If you have a fire ring, bring it, if not, you can pull rocks from beside the parking lot obstacle and make one, we do however ask that you return the rocks where you got them so it won't interfere when we have to mow/bush hog. Please no humungous fires, keep them small and simple.

We have a nice wide entrance, we will be stringing a tape to split it. If you pull up and it is full to the road, make a second line.

We have put a lot of work on the road going up to the upper flats, it has not been graveled, but is pretty smooth. Unless we have rain pretty close to the event, there should be no issue pulling a trailer or driving an RV to the top.

Sky trail will be no longer. This shouldn't be an issue since no one has ever even tried it. It is just too dangerous on the exit.

We will have 5 port-a-pottys. Two at the lower parking/camp ground, two at the upper flats, and one at the commons area in the woods.

As a reminder, we will have some fire extinguishers throughout the property, but each rig on the trail is REQUIRED to have one on board.

Since this is a 3 day event, we understand that you may have the need or desire to leave to get parts, supplies or what ever. So, we will be giving armbands to everyone in attendance. So very important to wear them so you can get back in. Also important to have your arm band on in the woods. The will protect you from being mistakenly identified as someone who sneaked in! Trail rigs will also have an arm band too, to put somewhere easily visible. Roll bar, cage, wiper will work fine.

The last thing we discussed is a good bad thing. One of our members brother has had medical issues for the last several months. He had a bad infection that turned into a "mercer". He has been in and out of the hospital, doctor's offices and most recently had to go to a disease control center in Charlotte when the infection spread to his lungs. Greg is newly married, newly relocated to the Rock Hill area, and recently went into business for himself with a transmission shop and towing service. He does have insurance, but he has not been able to work and his overhead continues on. His wife works as a school teacher, but falls very short of being able to make the bills alone. So Rock Corps 4X4 has decided to help out by donating a percentage of the proceeds to him to help out. We are also going to schedule something else later on to further aid him in his time of need. Not asking for anything extra(but it won't be turned down) just letting you know that your time of fun will directly help out a fellow wheeler.

The BDB will be there in numbers. Look foward to it Chip and Rock Corps. Any thing needed that could be brought for your guy that is in need? Pass a hat at event please, I know if it passes me, I'm putting in on it.....

the flats

There is also firewood on site that we have pulled out of the woods.We are gonna cut and split some of it.If more is needed just let one of us know and we'll drag some more out for you.There will be concessions on friday that we are doing.Just gonna keep it simple,drinks snacks,candy.Keep in mind that their is a convenient store within a mile and the grocery store and parts stores are within 4-6 miles.Can't wait to see everyone there!!

is there anywhere i can see pics of the trails? kinda curious of what im up against since its my dd and i have no recovery points.. thanks

pictures are floating around, stock will most likely need to stay around the play ground, trail system will get you snaged outside of trail 1

pictures are floating around, stock will most likely need to stay around the play ground, trail system will get you snaged outside of trail 1

whats stock? i have 4.5 in lift w 32 ats... open stock axles

whats stock? i have 4.5 in lift w 32 ats... open stock axles

My Cherokee has 4" and 32's. When my axels were open, I could'nt get off of trail 1 still fun to run around on. You can have a blast on the 2 flat play grounds. ESPECIALLY IF IT'S MUDDY!!

cool maybe see you guys there

Back