Open Invite at the Flats! - May 28-30 + Sept 17-19

Me and some of the guys rode up there this weekend to see how the new trails and obsticles were going to be.Some of the new obsticles are somewhat easier. But some of them are harder.We have redone Noway.Its not much easier just safer now.Hope to see some of the big boys hit it this time.

Several members of our club has been working on some new trails. WOW went out yesterday and it's awesome. You all are in for a treat!

Also got confirmation that the Marion chapter of the Ruitan club is going to provide the food this time around. Will also include biscuits on Saturday morning!

Is there an open ride this Sunday? Seems like I read that somewhere.

*is there an informative thread about the flats? fees, rules..etc It's not listed on the legal places to wheel although I understand it is private land. I've been wanting to make the drive for awhile now.

Sorry I am missing the ECORS race this weekend but working as usual.......BUT I am looking forward to checking out the new trails the end of May. Had a blast at the last open invite! Are most of you guys making it an entire weekend thing or is there going to be a particular day all is going??

Have some details for you!
3 day event, Gate ops Friday morning at 11:am on the 28thof May
Gate closes at 6:pm on Sunday the 30th of May
Cost:
$10 for each rig
$10 for drivers, and passengers
$Spectators(just to come in and watch for a day) $8.00
Kids 15 and under....FREE
Food:
Provided by the local Rurtain club, breakfast and hot dogs and hamburgers
Updated map, courtesy of Scott(Ol'Jeeps)
FlatLandsMap4-1.jpg
Rules:
Speed limit in parking areas, camping area's and access roads is 5 mph, in other words, take your time.
Seat belts are to worn any time your vehicle is in motion.
Helmets are required on No way, Sky trail and Superman as are full harnesses(high possibility of roll over)
Children are to be strapped in car seats as per NC child restraint laws
Fire extinguishers required on all trail vehicles
3 try rule. If you try an obstacle 3 times, and fail, back out or pull cable. This is to keep so many trail congested issues from forming.
No Four wheelers, side by sides or motor cycles allowed at all, Club members may use four wheelers
NO ALCOHOL AT ANY TIME OR ANY PLACE ON THE FLATS PROPERTY, AND NO DRINKING OUTSIDE THEN COMING ON PROPERTY!
Be safe and courteous to others at all times.
If you have a vehicle with a loud exhaust use common courtesy in
the high traffic areas and camping areas. Wait till you are in the woods
or on the obstacles before opening it up!
You are required to stay on the marked trails only. No free roaming.
Wheeling can start at 9:00am and must end at 9:30pm.

lets get it on. Sold my 2 dr, Hope I can get the lift on my 4 dr before this happens.

I like the rules,the 3 try rule is great to keep the congestion down some.It gives everyone that wants a chance to try a trail/obsticle a chance to.

Yes, the last invite we had the only issue we had was trail congestion, that's why we orchestrated this rule, so everyone will enjoy more seat time. Less waiting time.

We had a good work day today. Cut a new walking trail to the top of “Superman”, cleaned up a few trail exits to make room for spectators. Can’t wait for the open. Gonna be great! :driver:

I'm going to try to be there, got to get my '88 cherokee 4dr inspected + regged and run on the road a bit.. i'm not the kindest driver to my car on road d= I didn't know the flats were that close.. only like 40 minutes from lake lure!

Back