[Nov 9, 2012] 2ND Annual Veterans Ride at UNF (eldorado nc)

An update.... what a day... shortly after making the quoted post, I started cleaning up my Jeep. I got about a quarter it done when my wife came out with the phone saying that JC and upnover were both on the line. JC had called to inform me that David (3DCrawler) was trying to get in touch with me to tell me my truck was finished and I could pick it up. While my wife was talking to JC, upnover had called to give me the same message. Then, upnover informed me that Granny 2 was expected to be at the event, and he had about 20 supporters backing him up. I was NOT to refuse. He then offered to come to my house and haul my rig up to Uwharrie while I drove to Granite Falls to get my truck. I was both humbled and nearly speechless, and could not, in good conscience, refuse the offer. Anyway, unless Chip took her to Harlan for a workout, Granny 2 is sitting at URE waiting for us in the morning. My wife and I headed for Granite Falls about 2:30 pm. We just got back about a half hour ago (7:30 pm +/-). We look forward to seeing y'all in the morning!

I am truly blessed with having friends like these. Thank ya Guys!!! :redface:
THIS IS WHAT IT'S ABOUT!

Happy Birthday Marines! Wish I could be there. Thanks to all those who have served and are currently serving. Your sacrifice is much appreciated.

Semper Fidelis

Bonfire is at Scotts place ( UORTC across from the outpost ) can not miss it over there.

Good turn out today.

Verterans Ride  AMC 20 014.JPG
Verterans Ride  AMC 20 013.JPG
Verterans Ride  AMC 20 014.JPG
Verterans Ride  AMC 20 016.JPG
Verterans Ride  AMC 20 017.JPG
Verterans Ride  AMC 20 013.JPG
Got a few pics, today, at the Art Lilly Mud Hole! As the "Got Ugly" Club,showed up to get their poker run cards, One of their members Did GET UGLY!
A couple hours later he was ready for more fun! Not to be out done, [he didn't see the Extra muddy Jeep] a New JK tried the same thing! Been watching too many commercials!
I could get a good shot of him, for the crowd. When I left, he was still waiting on a roll back.

I'll bet the stench from that stagnant muddy water was unbearable..

What a great day and a great time! This was my first time to the event and it will not be the last. The weather was awesome, the wheeling was great and I had a chance to reconnect with current friends and meet new ones. Unfortunately I could not stay for the evening, Hope everyone had a great time!

Thank you Jason and CNC 4X4 for a great event. Thank you Scott for donating the services of UTORC. Thanks Terri for the food - delicious as always. Thanks to the many folks who were involved in this event that I didn't know, meet or mention.

Most importantly - to all veterans, Happy Veterans Day and thank you for your service and your sacrifice!

Thanks to all who served, I was proud to say a lot are my close friends.

Thanks to everyone that supported the event and the cubscout corn there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just to clarify, I did the driving of my son Josh's truck to get Granny2 to URE. I drove, lol because the passenger window does not roll down, and the drivers does! While I was on the phone with Don, a collection was taken up for gas, so I was merely a small part of getting Don's Jeep to the event. Jason, Josh, Joe, Zach, and others were also involved. Oh and let's not forget Scott Fields too, we used his GPS to get us there and back.
Bottom line, Granny2, Don and Darlene were gonna be at this event!

It was good to see some old CTB friends I had not seen in a long time. Still have my 25th anniversary CTB sweatshirt!

Good to hang with Granny for the day.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Just to clarify, I did the driving of my son Josh's truck to get Granny2 to URE. I drove, lol because the passenger window does not roll down, and the drivers does! While I was on the phone with Don, a collection was taken up for gas, so I was merely a small part of getting Don's Jeep to the event. Jason, Josh, Joe, Zach, and others were also involved. Oh and let's not forget Scott Fields too, we used his GPS to get us there and back.
Bottom line, Granny2, Don and Darlene were gonna be at this event!

Thank you for clearing that up Chip. I carelessly did not mention Josh in my previous post. I squared that with him last night, but glad you made it public. I had no idea as to "the rest of the story".

I will openly admit that my eyes are a little damp right now, and I will say again that I am truely blessed with having friends like I have in the 4WD Community. Y'all are special people!!!! :beer::beer::beer:

WOW, What a weekend, I had a blast putting this together and cant wait to do it again next year. I met some really amazing people this weekend that inspire me to the fullest! The poker run went very well and a big Congrats to the poker run winners. I have to say there were two highlights of the event for me, seeing all of the veterans young and old with a smile on there faces, and the senior veterans ceremony, I was filled with great pride presenting the coins to our vietnam veterans and Mr Banks Moorefield, they are all a true inspiration.

To all who put in thier time, labor, and donations for this ride a GREAT BIG THANKYOU! I could not have done this without you!

The veterans day ride is hear to stay!! I will see yall next year!

Lets see those pics and vids!!

Extending a Great Big THANKYOU form the sand down hose, The final total for the donations to them was over 900 dollars, they are absolutely blown away. Thank you to everyone who attended, youre donations are going to do alot of good for some very worthy people!!:usa:

Thanks to all who served, I was proud to say a lot are my close friends.

Thanks to everyone that supported the event and the cubscout corn there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It was great having all of the cub scouts there, I am very glad that they were able to help support thier pack and learn what veterans day is truly about! Hope to see yalll again next year.

My father had a great day, His mind is very sharp and when he told me he wanted to donate $100 I was not really surprised. Thanks Jason and everybody at the event for giving my father a memory! Your Hot Dog Guy!

I had a blast can't wait for next year. Thanks to all who made this possible.

My son and I had a great time! Thank you Jason for putting this together for all of the veterans. Thanks Zack for showing us around the trails. I look forward to riding with you guys again!

I just wanted to say thanks for the chance to ride the trails of URE once again. Not only did i ride with Chip but he was so kind to let this Marine get behind the steering wheel of his rig. Needless to say i did get it a little muddy. Thank you for the opportunity Chip. And Jason, thanks for being so helpfull. Oh and cant forgot Robbie, Paul, Zack, and Jason Swain. Thanks, untill next time. Happy Veterans' day!!!

I just wanted to say thanks for the chance to ride the trails of URE once again. Not only did i ride with Chip but he was so kind to let this Marine get behind the steering wheel of his rig. Needless to say i did get it a little muddy. Thank you for the opportunity Chip. And Jason, thanks for being so helpfull. Oh and cant forgot Robbie, Paul, Zack, and Jason Swain. Thanks, untill next time. Happy Veterans' day!!!

My extreme pleasure sir, and thank you for your service!

Back