[Nov 9, 2012] 2ND Annual Veterans Ride at UNF (eldorado nc)

Jason W.

Dysfunctional Veteran
This Years event will be held at the Uwharrie off road Training Center across form the Eldorado outpost.
I am proud to announce that this year the Stand Down House , a charity that provides veterans services to disabled and homeless veterans will be joining us this year.
http://www.standown.org/ Here is a link to the stand down house.
The event will be from Nov the 9th thru 11th.
Entry to the training center will be 5 dollars per person that includes the whole weekend camping and the poker run in the forest. (kids free)
All proceeds will be going to the Stand Down House.
The training center will be open to come in at 8am friday.
Saturday there will be a poker run starting form the training center at 9 am and ending at 3pm back at the training center, followed by food form American Hot Dogs and a raffle sposored by the Stand Down House.
Raffle tickets will be sold throughout the day on sat( details to come on the raffle)
Everyone is welcome to stay till sunday afternoon.
Saturday evening we will have a bonfire with time to reflect on the men and women that gave the ultimate sacrifice to our country. Last year we had a great time with the best group of wheelers I have ever been around!

Come on out and celebrate our nations heroes with your brothers in arms.We have lost a lot of beloved men and women, and so many that have come home wounded. This is our time time to get together and honor their sacrifices with fellow service men and women by your side.

We are going to have some very special prizes for 1st through 3rd place in the poker run.

Like last year everyone in attendance will get one free hotdog from American Hot Dogs. Be sure to get youre hot dog ticket at the gate upon entry.

If you or someone you are bringing with you is a vietnam veteran or older please let me know via pm. We are doing something very special for these folks this year!
If you need further info please call Jason at 828 855 618one
MAY WE NEVER FORGET FOR THEN ALL IS LOST

Last edited:
There will be a lot of information to come about the ride so keep a check on this thread for updates.

I would like to give a great big THANK YOU to this years sponsors.

Vesco Toyota lift of Hickory NC. http://www.vescoforklifts.com/
The Jerky Hut
NC4x4
Buckeye Performance, Swananoa NC. Bumpers, armor and custom fabrication!
Uwharrie Offraod Training Center http://www.uortc.com/
American Hotdogs Best dog in the woods!!!
Chip Price

A special thank you to my brothers in the Carolina Trail Blazers for all youre support!!!!!

Last edited:
Poker run and raffle info!!

The raflle will be held saturday evening after dinner and a breif ceremony. Tickets will be sold at the gate starting friday and can be bought all day saturday(more details to come, a represenative from the Stand Down House will post up further information)

The poker run will start at the training center at 9 am and will end at 3pm back at the training center. There will be someone on each trail at pre determined spots with the cards. Each trail will have marked cards for that trail. You will not be required to obtain the cards in any certain order. Only one card per trail can be played. You will not be rquired to complete obstacles to obtain a card, you just must reach the cardholders in youre rig. For example, to obtain the daniel card you can go in from the front or back side. All cards will marked per trail and numberd(no sharing).

For this poker run there may be many veterans who do not have an offroad rig to be able to join in the poker run.
If you are coming and have an open seat PLease Post UP!! There may also be handicapped veterans coming from local shelters and va facilities. We will find a way for them to join in so they can ride as well. If you are a veteran and would like to ride with someone please post up, I am very sure someone will be glad to have you with them.

Last edited:
You better know that I will be there. I have an open seat and would be proud to offer it up to someone.

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk 2

In. And Jason is a badass dude for hosting this event.

^^^^IN. Jason, anything I can help with please let me know.

I hope to have both Jeeps up by then, so I should have a couple/few seats open.

I'm in

This will be a great event. Show up and support our troops and veterans! At the least, stop by and donate a few dollars to the "StandDown House" !

I'm definitely going to try to make this one. Especially to give rides to the Vets, that deserve it.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

I should have an open seat for a vet as well of needed.

Subscribing.. Gonna try to make this one. Would be nice to see my CTB peeps. I haven't made a club event all year! I blame ECORS!

Just a few updates, A represenative from the stand down house is going to join us at the fall jamboree. Raffle prizes are starting to filter in as well. Gettin excited guys, november will be here before you know it!

Thanks for allowing us to be there again serving some hot grub Jason. Just to clarify, "American Hot Dogs" is the real name of our buissness. "Your Hot Dog Guy!" was given to us by our customers when we started showing up at URE!

Back