[Nov 9, 2012] 2ND Annual Veterans Ride at UNF (eldorado nc)

Just thought about something here maybe we can get some heads up about.

The trail workday is Saturday also and we will be working on Rocky Mount right around where Dicky Bell meets up. So if we could get someone out there at the UORTC to put this out to people prior to the Poker run it would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on working in the morning and then heading over to see how it is going and it anyone needs a ride or something of the sorts in the afternoon.

We all know about well laid plans though. When the first round flies everything is out the window.

Not sure what you asr asking or telling. There will be a poker run running through, hitting the trails around 9am , so there will be some traffic coming through

I don't really feel comfortable "advertising" this, since it's not related to the purpose of the weekend, but several people have asked... so...

We will have all the t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, etc with us in the trailer this weekend. We won't be setting up a booth or anything like that, but if you're interested in picking anything up, just come by and see us. :beer:

Shawn you and Cydney, and Baby Sara, (Oh and baby to be too)are always welcome to any of these events, as are your wares! No one will look at it in anyway other than an opportunity to get some cool NC4X4 stuff!
Like Don said, most of this stuff is successful and even happens because of this board!

Putting it out there that there will be workers on the trails so please be careful in this area.

I'm sure folks will be careful. That said, the FS workday is supposed to be the third weekend of each month, it has been set that way for two years now so that folks could schedule. The FS asked for input and was informed of this large, holiday, veteran's benefit event on the 10th. They chose to change the workday anyway? To cater to a few vs hundreds? Dosen't sound right to me nor sit well either.

I'm sure folks will be careful. That said, the FS workday is supposed to be the third weekend of each month, it has been set that way for two years now so that folks could schedule. The FS asked for input and was informed of this large, holiday, veteran's benefit event on the 10th. They chose to change the workday anyway? To cater to a few vs hundreds? Dosen't sound right to me nor sit well either.

Ditto

Everything is setup for the weekend that bonfire is gonna be huge!

"Ditto" X 2

ask the young folks say

Just sayin! :huggy:
...but you are long past being a young folk! :lol:

Well said JC.

Maybe the work volunteers can do thier best to not impede the poker run traffic of which appears there will be a lot of participants this weekend

I talked to Jason this morning and everything is set up and ready to go. Shawn,Jason says you are more than welcome to set up a booth and thank you and Cydney for all you do.

There is a massive firepit for SATURDAY night...so if you have a few sticks of wood laying around in your backyard you can bring it if your coming tonight so you can have a personal campfire tonight.

sarcasm/

I would like to suggest that we schedule a trail workday for opening weekend next year. Whatever the first Saturday URE is open next spring................

A slight change of plans for us.....

My truck (tow-rig) is still in the shop getting the transmission rebuilt. I don't know if I will get it back today, or not. I have to see an orthopedic surgeon on Monday, and I anticipate surgery on my elbow. Therefore, I am making the decision to clean up my Jeep today and prepare it for sitting over the winter. My wife and I will both be up on Saturday, but once again driving the car. I was looking forward to the Poker Run, but due to circumstances I believe this to be the right thing for me to do. Looking forward to seeing y'all on Saturday. :)

Loaded up and will be at the Veterans Day Ride beside Snappy and all of his little Snappy's!

A slight change of plans for us.....
My truck (tow-rig) is still in the shop getting the transmission rebuilt. I don't know if I will get it back today, or not. I have to see an orthopedic surgeon on Monday, and I anticipate surgery on my elbow. Therefore, I am making the decision to clean up my Jeep today and prepare it for sitting over the winter. My wife and I will both be up on Saturday, but once again driving the car. I was looking forward to the Poker Run, but due to circumstances I believe this to be the right thing for me to do. Looking forward to seeing y'all on Saturday. :)

An update.... what a day... shortly after making the quoted post, I started cleaning up my Jeep. I got about a quarter it done when my wife came out with the phone saying that JC and upnover were both on the line. JC had called to inform me that David (3DCrawler) was trying to get in touch with me to tell me my truck was finished and I could pick it up. While my wife was talking to JC, upnover had called to give me the same message. Then, upnover informed me that Granny 2 was expected to be at the event, and he had about 20 supporters backing him up. I was NOT to refuse. He then offered to come to my house and haul my rig up to Uwharrie while I drove to Granite Falls to get my truck. I was both humbled and nearly speechless, and could not, in good conscience, refuse the offer. Anyway, unless Chip took her to Harlan for a workout, Granny 2 is sitting at URE waiting for us in the morning. My wife and I headed for Granite Falls about 2:30 pm. We just got back about a half hour ago (7:30 pm +/-). We look forward to seeing y'all in the morning!

I am truly blessed with having friends like these. Thank ya Guys!!! :redface:

Locked & Loaded...See Y'all Thar!!

Then, upnover informed me that Granny 2 was expected to be at the event, and he had about 20 supporters backing him up. I was NOT to refuse. He then offered to come to my house and haul my rig up to Uwharrie while I drove to Granite Falls to get my truck. :redface:

Chip is AWESOME!

Back