NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

F34FEF1B-B454-425E-9706-4FEB696B2C96.jpeg

Pennsylvania mountain bird during the scamdemic. Man they were hard to get this year.

I got my first turkey this year. Actually it’s the first animal harvested off of my family’s land, so that made it even more fun. I have no idea how many hours I spent yapping back and forth with these birds, but finally got one to come in to range the last week of the season. I chased a bird-Zilla all season but couldn’t get it closer than 50 or 60 yards.

I ended up getting this guy at 6:50am at about 37 yards.

Here are a few pics from the season as well-
26502BA7-D83F-4D77-A016-DB18B280FFB8.jpeg
21C14499-DE6F-4937-8035-24CBFCFFF878.jpeg
2604C8E0-AD03-4C03-934A-0F273D25166C.jpeg
0114F9D3-D861-443B-87B3-28227D59289C.jpeg

I chased a bird-Zilla all season but couldn’t get it closer than 50 or 60 yards.

Have you tried Long Beard XR? They claim 10" groups at 60 yards...haven't got to experience myself since all I see are hens!

Have you tried Long Beard XR? They claim 10" groups at 60 yards...haven't got to experience myself since all I see are hens!

This was my first turkey, so I didn’t want to shoot that far out. Also, That giant would roost on my land and drop down into a neighbors pasture. I needed him to cross the barbed wire fence which I was about 40 yards from. When I say giant, my bird was a 20lber, this other bird looked twice as big and it’s beard dragged the ground when it walked.

This picture shows one of my sits (blue circle), property line, green marks roosting trees he sat in, red marks different spots I had my sites on him watching him gobble back and forth. One time we talked back and forth for 2 hours, in view of each other. So frustrating!
0E26193B-D185-42C5-9483-EB209A17844C.jpeg

Like a kid at Christmas today. Wyoming Elk draw results are in and I pulled my top choice bull tag for this fall. GMU 11 which is solid for self guided public land hunts as the bottom 1/2 is mostly all in the Medicine Bow National Forest. My backup plan of a Cow/Calf tag also came though for a different unit nearby. Should hear about Antelope next month.

I am suspect of the tool based on its expected performance of 12ga vs 10 ga and my personal experiences of both
I wasn’t going to say anything but since you did I call pure BS on that Winchester:lol:. From the guns and chokes I’ve seen patterned over the last 21 seasons that opinion means nothing to me. With that said my OLD 835 will make a jelly head with a long beard XR out to 30yds with the factory choke:lol:.
And FWIW this TSS rage is sad.

Like a kid at Christmas today. Wyoming Elk draw results are in and I pulled my top choice bull tag for this fall. GMU 11 which is solid for self guided public land hunts as the bottom 1/2 is mostly all in the Medicine Bow National Forest. My backup plan of a Cow/Calf tag also came though for a different unit nearby. Should hear about Antelope next month.

That's awesome, how many points did you have saved up?

Finally getting some shooter bucks showing up behind the house. Prior to last week I had yet to see a buck. Just the same 3 groups of does. Last week I had a group of 3 young bucks come out. Last night while eating supper I glanced across the field and immediately saw that the 2 deer out there were not any that I had seen before. My wife is not impressed at how well I can differentiate deer 200yds away. I get no respect. Anyways, grab my binoculars and sure enough they're more mature bucks. One was already almost to ear tip, maybe 15". The other was bigger bodied but his antlers aren't as developed yet. He look's to have some good mass though. I can't decide where I want to hunt though. My upstairs window, the boys bathroom window, my sons window or off the back porch. I need to get my rifle out to see which spot is the most comfortable to shoot from.

Edit: 15" bucks aren't normally shooters for me, but considering that my neighbors shoot anything with antlers, I feel like one making it to that size is a pretty decent feat around here lol

We finally got permission to do what we want with about 16 acres of fields that didn’t make 3 years in a row and farmer let go back for 2 more years.

Bush hogged most of it today and will finish it tomorrow and spray it. Middle of the week my buddy is gonna start planting for doves and deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally getting some shooter bucks showing up behind the house. Prior to last week I had yet to see a buck. Just the same 3 groups of does. Last week I had a group of 3 young bucks come out. Last night while eating supper I glanced across the field and immediately saw that the 2 deer out there were not any that I had seen before. My wife is not impressed at how well I can differentiate deer 200yds away. I get no respect. Anyways, grab my binoculars and sure enough they're more mature bucks. One was already almost to ear tip, maybe 15". The other was bigger bodied but his antlers aren't as developed yet. He look's to have some good mass though. I can't decide where I want to hunt though. My upstairs window, the boys bathroom window, my sons window or off the back porch. I need to get my rifle out to see which spot is the most comfortable to shoot from.

Edit: 15" bucks aren't normally shooters for me, but considering that my neighbors shoot anything with antlers, I feel like one making it to that size is a pretty decent feat around here lol
I’m betting those bucks won’t be there come rifle season. Grab a bow and heart punch one before they know they’re being hunted.

IMG-20200612-WA0003.jpg

Dads been wanting to go out trolling for trout with me for some time but we couldn’t ever get it worked out. Well today we did and we pounded them all day. 33 in the boat kept two limits. A 20” brown that went three pounds was also nice.

3a4421c1266deddfd80c1021cc6b33be.jpg

ac32504a0c69e9c418ae3bef32a3ab33.jpg

886cb5e1b5e69e5fd479bbe3e9aeaf22.jpg

Damn! Those are some nice looking trout. Treasure these times with your Dad. I lost mine in January. He instilled my love of fishing.

Grew up fishing with him. And in the last couple years his health has been going down hill. He sold his boat two years ago and got a little johnboat so he could go by himself. But he has never been trolling for trout and he got a kick out of it

Grew up fishing with him. And in the last couple years his health has been going down hill. He sold his boat two years ago and got a little johnboat so he could go by himself. But he has never been trolling for trout and he got a kick out of it

Fontana?

I used to go there and catch some good trout, been trolling on Jocasse last couple of years

Back