NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

22A9EC35-4B87-492C-A06F-73565AAEC09C.jpeg

Need a couple game cameras for our new land. Any suggestions? Will be use for wildlife and to see if we have any wondering 2 leggers also.

Need a couple game cameras for our new land. Any suggestions? Will be use for wildlife and to see if we have any wondering 2 leggers also.

【2020 Upgrade】 Campark Mini Trail Camera 16MP 1080P HD Game Camera Waterproof Wildlife Scouting Hunting Cam with 120° Wide Angle Lens and Night Vision 2.0” LCD IR LEDs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJTDW8C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ObemFbAZM4VSA

I love these

Or sams has cell cameras for 100 and 2000 free pics a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to work reclaiming a fairly neglected 60 acres I have lightly hunted for a few years utilizing my climber and a lot of still hunting. The issue is what used to be pastures is very rocky and rough on the bush hog so it’s gone unmaintained for about 2 years at least. Deer bed in the pastures regularly so it’s very tough to slip in and out of stand locations without spooking stuff.

Started by digging an old flail mower/conditioner out of the weeds and getting it running. Cut some paths and cleared for two food plots. Came back with a disc and turned things over and threw down some old soybeans in one spot that were sitting in the barn needing to be planted. Went back with some Whitetail institute clover and oats in another and ran it all over with the cultipacker.

381836EC-D392-4E88-BFEF-C7D4045A04D4.jpeg
8E7AE55F-3E3D-4749-B607-C8FB8BC139D1.jpeg

My elevator brackets arrived on Saturday, lumber was bought yesterday. Hoping to get the tower stand started in the next day or two then get it in place by next week so bambi's dad can get used to it before season starts. Floor will be at 16', allowing me to see not only my property, but at least 3/4 of a mile into the game lands.

My elevator brackets arrived on Saturday, lumber was bought yesterday. Hoping to get the tower stand started in the next day or two then get it in place by next week so bambi's dad can get used to it before season starts. Floor will be at 16', allowing me to see not only my property, but at least 3/4 of a mile into the game lands.

Got any plans to share on the stand? I’ve got to build one too and the price of treated lumber right now is making me lean toward a cheaper prefab box like a Hughes Products.

Got any plans to share on the stand? I’ve got to build one too and the price of treated lumber right now is making me lean toward a cheaper prefab box like a Hughes Products.

I'm hoping to get build pics during the process. As for cost, I have $80 in the brackets and about $300 in lumber. I’ve got an extra $150 planned for siding/roof material, hardware and anchors. For the size I’m wanting this still comes out cheaper than a prefab. Plus I don’t know that I’ve seen a prefab as tall as I’m wanting.

Cleaned up a bit on one of my food plots from the clearing that has been done so far. Used the tractor bucket to clear all the mulch and get it into piles since there is one more day of clearing to go. Then pushed the 2810 a little too hard to stack up some downed trees instead of letting the guy do it with his grapple to save time & ended up punching a hole through the radiator. Not how I wanted to end the weekend!

Recently had my bow (PSE Surge, 28” draw, 65lb draw weight) restrung and needed new arrows. The ones I had been using were discontinued so I opted for a dozen new 5mm Easton axis’. I’ve been wanting to try the smaller diameter arrow for a while now as there are a lot of advantages. After some pin adjustment and string break-in as was expected, things are starting to group nicely.

Final adjustment and 5 shot group at 30yds this morning.
A21E914E-FB1E-428B-9501-F28CC3C0DD0F.jpeg

Saturday is going to be a blast.
View attachment 325126

Dairy farmer we hunt at some called and asked when season was. Because he was wanting to cut corn silage but could hold off a day or two told him to get after it.

Two years ago when it timed out like this we had our limits for 6 of us before it got hot and humid

Dairy farmer we hunt at some called and asked when season was. Because he was wanting to cut corn silage but could hold off a day or two told him to get after it.

Two years ago when it timed out like this we had our limits for 6 of us before it got hot and humid

I dove hunted a dairy farm bout a decade ago. It was awesome. They had a huge cornfield and cut it as needed to feed,they didn't store a lot so there were doves from Sep. to the end of the seasons.

Saturday is going to be a blast.
View attachment 325126

That’s awesome! My dad and I did a paid hunt 2 years ago for like $50 each and we both got our limit in the morning. Last year we went to some “exclusive paid hunt” that was not cheap and we brought back 6 birds between the 2 of us.....

This year we planted some sunflowers on our own land and I chopped them up with a lawnmower last week. No idea if it will work or not, can’t be much worse than last year.
D4F5820A-AD03-4F51-9892-68994EF24A6B.jpeg

That’s awesome! My dad and I did a paid hunt 2 years ago for like $50 each and we both got our limit in the morning. Last year we went to some “exclusive paid hunt” that was not cheap and we brought back 6 birds between the 2 of us.....

This year we planted some sunflowers on our own land and I chopped them up with a lawnmower last week. No idea if it will work or not, can’t be much worse than last year.
View attachment 325163

If you have a disc run it over and spread some wheat seed. It’s a common ag. Practice so not baiting but once doves find it they will be there

Back