If you are considered "Essential" ....

We got new shirts the other day lol

Attachments

• 5C0C5A07-E9BE-4038-A97D-915EE95192B0.jpeg
    5C0C5A07-E9BE-4038-A97D-915EE95192B0.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 139
It's doesn't make sense. And where is all this government money coming from? All the people being laid off will go on unemployment. Is there some multi trillion dollars account sitting around that Congress forgot to plunder?
:shaking:

where is all this government money coming from?

We're not building aircraft carriers any more, so no need to fund the $5,768,874 toilet seats they use. I imagine the urinals cost twice that...so think of all the "free money" now out there for AOC to protest for

Shit, at times I feel like I must be setting up a nice retirement for you, as much as we order from Fisher.
They of course make or sell everything... what equipment do you fab? Wonder if I have some in my lab. PM if you'd rather.

At the Asheville site we make ULT Freezers, TSX line units mostly, High Performance Refrigerators, small lab blast furnaces and water products like chillers and small circulating baths.

When I worked at the Ohio site it was biological safety cabinets the non TSX ULT Freezers, Oscillating mixing units, incubators, Cryo Storage Tanks, BOD Refrigerators, Freas Ovens and Mortician/Autopsy tables and equipment for a while.

The two sites are kind of a land of misfit toys with so many different products at one site. People would be shocked at how much of the units are actually USA made from a sheet metal/assembly stand point and we OEM for a couple companies as well.

At the Asheville site we make ULT Freezers, TSX line units mostly, High Performance Refrigerators, small lab blast furnaces and water products like chillers and small circulating baths.

When I worked at the Ohio site it was biological safety cabinets the non TSX ULT Freezers, Oscillating mixing units, incubators, Cryo Storage Tanks, BOD Refrigerators, Freas Ovens and Mortician/Autopsy tables and equipment for a while.

The two sites are kind of a land of misfit toys with so many different products at one site. People would be shocked at how much of the units are actually USA made from a sheet metal/assembly stand point and we OEM for a couple companies as well.

and at the Greenville NC site, Fisher makes pharmaceuticals. The whole company is a little odd in what different types of products it provides

Still working away here keeping the highway running albeit from the house. Our Ops/Maintenance side is pretty well insulated but our design side is feeling the pinch a little. Nobody has been laid off yet and I don't believe they are going to anyway. We did get word that our merit raises will be put on hold so we don't transfer the rate raise to our clients. It sucks, but I understand. All of our executive VPs voluntarily cut their pay 25% which is surprising. We have started working on reducing our maintenance costs on the roadway.

Ready for this to be over...

i guess we are going to keep on keeping on....next week i get to be the temperature police for my crew and the rest of the plant will do it as well. Oh, and we may be issued mask.

I guess a better, shorter thread would have been .....

If you are NOT essential and not working ......

Back