FSJ BUILDUP STAGE III

i thought we talked about sunday the 29th? we can work something out CTB is ridin the 5th. make an appearance.

that looks awesome..nice color

hey thanks.

i made bumpstops for the front and got it all flexed out over the weekend. lookin good pics later in the week.

maiden voyage!!!! everything worked great. ive got axle wrap pretty bad out back. i gotta address that. also becuase of that i bent a leaf pack all to crap. probably go with 2" lift springs to replace. where can i get a setup for the axle wrap
maidenvoyage2-1.jpg

maidenvoyage4-1.jpg

maidenvoyage3-1.jpg

maidenvoyage13.jpg

maidenvoyage16.jpg

maidenvoyage18.jpg

have i mentioned that my jeep runs? there was a small electrical issue on the maiden voyage in callalantee that almost caused a fire and while the trail fix kept if from burning to the ground, my optima yellow top is now a dead duck. i gotta trace wires damn it.

damn its been a month since ive updated. heres whats been done.

got me a traction bar built for the axle wrap problem. i hope it works. doesnt look like the ones you can buy but i did the best with what materials i had on hand.

went with one heim on it and some oversized bushings on the axle tube side
tractionbar002.jpg

tractionbar007.jpg

i used 1/4 wall tubing so it should be tuff enough. most traction bars the upper and lower tube both meet at the pivot point. i didnt have enought tubing so the upper link is shorter, still it should function properly.
tractionbar10.jpg

this is where it mounts on the cross member. i read to make it long and low so thats what i did its 5ft long on a 112 inch wheelbase and ive got it as low as possible. that shacle points up when its installed

tractionbar13.jpg

heres the braction bar ready to be installed. i forgot to get a pic of it actually on. i guess that will be somehting for next week
tractionbar14.jpg

while i was at it i changed to a quadrajet carb and cleaned up the wiring mess under the hood.

gotta redo the rear shock mounts and install the new shocks donated my dewar enterprise goin wheeling on sunday in callalantee!

Originally Posted by 4x4fever
todd, plan on goin to harlan fall crawl 2008, my shits gotta be ready by october 2008

Fixed it for you :)

this was posted on august 9th 07 on page 6 and john u were right its finally ready october 2008! how sad

Back