finally my XJ to keep for good, innovative

The fact that everyone thinks this whole jeep and what it has so far is "stupid" is why dont care to show anymore. I love the Jeep and so do others i know and i love trail riding and that's all folks!!

Here we go....
My opinion only.
Been a member of this forum for a while. Made a lot of friends who i trust with my life. If i do something stupid, my friends correct me.
Why? Because they care about my dumbass.
Have i rolled my rig hard? Yes. A time or twenty seven.
Safety is the FIRST priority in this hobby.
No bashing in this post, just my thoughts.
My name is Paul. Imagine that.
Later,PaulJodyMattMikeBrooksUpinsumthing Clemons.

well thank you Paul, appreciate the info and no hard feeling ever taken or given from my end, hope you know that. I really think people mistake me or what I really mean to say. It's not the correction or advise that bothers me, otherwise I wouldn't be here either, it's just how some folks go about correcting someone or giving opinions about their build and than others just down right get out of hand with their criticism and the whole "deathtrap" idea. Joking and all people think i'm a newb to this jeep thing but I really honestly have been wheeling and messing around with these XJs for 14 some years now and have learned quite a bit of what can hold up and what can't for "MY" liking and "my" style of wheeling. That's all I've ever tried to emphasize to people...not that i'm a know it all but for "my" uses and experience, I've made things work that people would for sure bet thousands wouldn't get me a mile down the road and yet years later still working it. Everyone has different styles of wheeling--which mine is usually very slow, crawl through everything, not hard on throttle-- and that has brought me more success with XJ diffs, axles, "ghetto LCAs", and other fabbed crap that I've used on my toys but has worked cause I never can afford to fix anything so I make sure not to break it. someday when I can actually trailer a jeep to a trail will I actually love to "beat the crap out of one and really put one through hell" but until then, I have to have mine street driveable and return me home in one piece so if the folks on here would kinda learn that about me, I think they might hold back some of those "deathtrap" comments. That's also why I stick with my friend Aaron for advise cause he knows my wheeling style isn't hardcore so anything I ask or he recommends would be to suit my needs.
I really mean it. I want people to understand I love learning about new stuff or better ways to do stuff but when it comes to Cherokees, i'm by far a newb or idiot of what it can do and how to make one perform for my needs. So to close, I am more than sure that a lot of these guys here are long time experience wheelers and fabbers and don't doubt it and believe that they are and can do what they say even though I've never met them or seen their work or wheeled with em but I would just appreciate a "little" more respect as to being some total idiot who purposely endangers lives and his family and anyone around him. Good luck to all in their adventures and someday hope to meet..

I appreciate this post and "sort of" see where you are coming from but Id like to add a few small points if I may.

I understand "your style" of wheeling may be easier on equipment than some and I can respect that. That said any rig that hits state owned pavement for even 100 feet needs to be "safe" for any vehicle that could possibly be passing by. I've seen link mounts fail on gravel roads at slow speeds. Time and repetition takes a toll as well. If you EVER sell any of these modded vehicles you have no clue how the new owner will wheel it, but as a builder you have some level of responsibility to their safety and those around them. They may not wheel as easy as you do.

Many aspects of vehicle modifications come down to style and preference.
Whether to long arm or short arm a TJ. Whether to SFA swap or keep IFS. Whether to buy upgraded shafts for a half ton axle or go to tons. Whether to us Air Shocks, Coil Overs or Struts. To 3 link or 4 link. All of these are examples of builder choice and there isnt necessarily a MUST.

However things like proper welding, proper bracket design, material selection, strength and thickness. These things are not subjective. They are very very objective. They are black and white. Water IS wet, this is not debatable. Poor welds are not safe. Same thing here. Regardless of how you wheel, poor welds are dangerous and unacceptable. Same goes for your over lapped LCA idea, thats not safe and thats not debatable regardless of what your style of wheeling is. I see you changed that now, and I give you credit for that, even if the new design still needs improvements as well it is a step in the right direction.

The final point I want to make. Lots of people read these forums. Believe it or not some groups out there are totally opposed to our entire hobby, and so much so that at times they have paid employees who do nothing all day but read 4wheeling threads and look for ammunition to use against us. When unsafe vehicle modifications are posted to public forums those images can (and have ) show up again in legal proceedings in an attempt to stop all of us from accessing certain areas. Even if you think you never leave your private land your actions can still impact all of us the old saying "No Man is an Island" definitely rings true.

Good luck in your pursuit of XJ excellence and I wish you luck and happiness.

notes well taken Ron, I will definitely keep my "ghetto" pics off the forums from now on or try to anyways. and I get everything your saying and I would definitely not "ever" want to impact our off roading hobby privilages in any way. I have since upgrades my LCA and UCA with the JK ones and the mounts I made have been reinforced with more brackets going farther up and back on the unibody frame and so far drives amazing, I think i'm sold on this setup for any other future jeep of mine. but I want to reassure I don't sell jeeps lifted at all unless it's a proper lift. I know better and all my jeeps I sell are stock and just fixed up mechanically. thanks for the advise and hope others will more understand my point of view in my builds and such. thanks for the info though.

How did I miss round two,I cant believe no one came an told me.it almost sounds as though we are starting to somewhat penetrate his thick skull with some sound advice.I used to have no hope for 88jeeptard but I see a small glimmer.on the other hand I hate being called a jeeper jeepster or when people call wheeling jeeping I have a ford the only time I go fording is if there is a river in my way.

no second round here guys.lol. with what Ron stated, i'm more aware of keeping some stuff of here for the better of the community. that's all.

How did I miss round two,I cant believe no one came an told me.it almost sounds as though we are starting to somewhat penetrate his thick skull with some sound advice.I used to have no hope for 88jeeptard but I see a small glimmer.on the other hand I hate being called a jeeper jeepster or when people call wheeling jeeping I have a ford the only time I go fording is if there is a river in my way.
I now hate it when people call it jeeping too, but 15 years ago this was a cool screenname.

Now you are starting to come around. I read your transmission post and saw where you were taking advice. That is what we are here for. Have a good time and help somebody out when they have a question. If something is sketchy or unsafe, we will let you know. I had a sketchy shakle setup one time and got called out on it. I fixed it and moved on. It seems that you are taking some advice. There is a crap ton of knowledge on this board (crap ton is 100,000 times more than a metric ton). If you ask, you will get (for the most part) good advice.

The deathtrap comments on the cage are just that. All I do is trail ride also. I dont do hardcore stuff. Can my rig do it, yes. DAWGTOY has driven my truck places that I am not capable of. I have rolled once and been on my side a few times. If you rolled that XJ with the deathtrap cage and ATF or PS fluid hit your exhaust manifold, you will have a fire. What if that cage crushed in just enough to jam all of your escape routes? That is why we called it a deathtrap. Not that it will happen, but it is possible.

Stick around here long enough and absorb some knowledge and we probably (I said probably) wont pick at you much. Ask good questions, get good advice, use it.

We really are good people (most of us). We enjoy helping people out. If you get stuck when Im around, I will pull cable or help you wrench as long as it takes.

^^^^^ Well said

Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk

I was a local until very recently. I would have loved to meet another wheeler but I cant classify you as that. Maybe at first...but you have proven time and time again your inability to take advice or criticism. There is a mental disconnect going on here, you truly don't get what is going on or how badly you could hurt someone.

We all have to start somewhere and I started with five of the coolest guys you could hope to meet...in Boone. Adam would give you the shirt off his back, Nathan is an awesome fabricator, Robbie is a crazy hard worker, and Stretch and Sam are pretty entertaining. I listened and learned from these guys with way more experience and wouldn't have had a rig without them. At some points it was pretty red...but it was safe and extremely capable.

You have insulted this community time and time again and that is why we are "ganging up" on you. A lot of guys here are still willing to give you a chance, you just have to be willing to learn.

So shut up and learn or GTFO.

I know guys, there is too much logic here.

I dunno man. Sounds like your better off not knowing all these "locals". Sound like a bunch of douchebags to me. Especially that Adam and Nathan dude.

Digging the jeepster. If i brought over a couple of sets of control arms, how much to get a longarm set made?

hey hey, I know you're referring to my sell post but 1. it is a legit lift and actually better than a cheap 6" lift you could buy, 2. its a toy without a title as stated. it really is a pretty descent ride though using JK arms which make the lower arms kinda mid-arm lift, not short not long but mid-arms I call it,lol. need to sell or part out, gotta get something legal to drive. for those who don't know and might care, my car got stolen back a week before x-mas and have had to use this as daily driver since, so just trying to get out of it and get into something legal.

so you have been driving the vehicle around illegally? without a title?

hey hey, I know you're referring to my sell post but 1. it is a legit lift and actually better than a cheap 6" lift you could buy, 2. its a toy without a title as stated. it really is a pretty descent ride though using JK arms which make the lower arms kinda mid-arm lift, not short not long but mid-arms I call it,lol. need to sell or part out, gotta get something legal to drive. for those who don't know and might care, my car got stolen back a week before x-mas and have had to use this as daily driver since, so just trying to get out of it and get into something legal.

read the post dude and when life hits you hard, you just hit back and keep pushing forward and make things work. my bad, I guess you don't have any hard times? no struggles? no pain? if not, then I guess you're living in the new Heaven that I missed out on!

ohh boy here we go from all the "pros" right? so now everyone on here is going to school me on the laws and being perfect, right?
well in that case, for anyone else who feels like giving me their 2cents on this topic, go to hell!!!!

No man its called society.
There are rules for the good of us all.

Ive walked to work, Ive never driven a car with no title or tag down the road. Thats not being perfect thats being a normal functioning human being.

You dont spend money on toys and build wheelers in "hard times"...shit I woudl have internet cut off and save every penny before Id be doing that

this was built already dumb shit, I got stuck with this as only transportation with 4 kids but what the hell do yall care. don't tell me about society....FUCK SOCIETY AND EVERYONE IN IT!!! cause of ass holes who steal and deal...ass holes like you on sites like this always running their mouth to good people trying to make it...bump that shit around the site a few times

Good people?

Good people who lie and break laws?

Those kind of good people?

yeah ron, good people who have bad things happen to them but keep striving to do what's right but sometime they have to improvise and do what they have to do to make ends meet. jeep was built as a toy, and when left carless, don't have family and friends to fall back on so one jeep sittin in the driveway becomes my mobility to pick up kids and groceries. don't get me started on whose been there and done what. I've nothing to explain to you but maybe trying to educate you on some of peoples issues and hard times. wheeling is my last priority but when it comes to family, I do what I have to do to make it. i'm glad your so blessed to not ever be in such shoes but the rest of us keep on truckin to make it everyday and u can't understand that...tough, I don't answear to you anyhow. now I get the speech of "endangering" peoples' lives right? and btw, people suck, our society in America is a joke, laws are outrageously unjustified, the system is foul and fallen, government is trash, but the hard working people will survive...why? because we know how from experience and a lifestyle that this country has created.

This is just an idea but if you were better in the social skills department you might have been able to get a ride from a fellow co-worker. Cursing at everyone and making a huge ruckus is not solving anything.

bad things happen to good people every second of every day and life goes on. God gives us strength to endure and move forward through those times and not forget who we live for. Having to put this jeep on a 91 title and insurance to drive so the family can live every day is not me being a bad person, its me doing what I can to make it. not proud of it but it doesn't define me as a person. it defines me as a survivor and pressing on to make life work for me at the moment until I can bounce back from that.

Back