favorite hot sauces

Franks is way too salty for me.

I like tabasco and Texas Pete. But I do like most others so long as they are edible or too salty.

I am generally pretty good about resisting most hot sauce heat. But one time at Firehouse in Cary I had one of the sauces there and it really got me good. Was the hottest I had ever had. Never been the same since. If it has skulls or XXX on it, I stay away.

These are in the fridge at the moment along with Tabasco, franks, and Texas Pete.
I like all of these equally but on different things. If I had to rank them, my overall fav is probably El Yucateco followed closely by Tortuga and Tornado.

Oh and forgot that we have siraccha too. Mostly use that with our home made spicy tuna sushi

View attachment 211788

The red yucateco is probably my favorite as far as a good taste and decent amount of heat. I haven't found anything that it doesn't work on.

Love this one and its FAWKIN awesome on scrambled eggs.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457206979.815475.jpg

I remember when Daves Insanity Sauce as the hottest stuff you could find.!

I like Frank's for my hot wing sauce, Frank's, butter, cayenne pepper, and white vinegar. For most other things I'm a sriracha guy.

If you ever find yourself here in Ft. Mill, stop by Puckerbutts. He's got some great tasting sauces and holds the Guinness record for the hottest breed of peppers. Think you can order online too...

I use franks in my wing sauce but little different. 2 parts franks 1 part butter, cayenne, minced onion, and garlic salt. May have tp try adding vinegar. Im always playing with the recipe but never added more vinegar!

I love the sriracha on japanese food. Makes me want steak shrimp with mushrooms. In my head that had a little asain womans voice....

I use franks in my wing sauce but little different. 2 parts franks 1 part butter, cayenne, minced onion, and garlic salt. May have tp try adding vinegar. Im always playing with the recipe but never added more vinegar!

I love the sriracha on japanese food. Makes me want steak shrimp with mushrooms. In my head that had a little asain womans voice....

I add the vinegar because I like the "twang" it gives the sauce. I've never measured but if I had to take a guess it'd be 2 cups Frank's, half cup butter (real butter only!) 2-3 tablespoons vinegar, cayenne to taste. I've had a lot of compliments and request for the recipe, but that's all there is to it.

standalone

Local to the Outer Banks all top 10
standalone

Great with eggs or fish tacos, and everything in between!
standalone

And this is the Coup de gras. Neighbor who passed away this past year made the best hot sauce I've ever put on my lips. Grew his peppers from seed and cooked it down once a year. Everyone had to leave the premises during the process (cooking peppers ain't no joke). This is all I have left and I use it sparingly.

I add the vinegar because I like the "twang" it gives the sauce. I've never measured but if I had to take a guess it'd be 2 cups Frank's, half cup butter (real butter only!) 2-3 tablespoons vinegar, cayenne to taste. I've had a lot of compliments and request for the recipe, but that's all there is to it.

you should try adding vinegar when making beef jerky. I made abatch one time while experimenting with different recipes. The kids loved it. Havent made jerky lately either. Must be getting lazy.

Texas Pete is God's own elixir.
Franks Wingsauce goes good on a lot of stuff.
Big Ed's Mild or Hot is great stuff, and Pulliams is the only place to get it I know of.

Matt

I can't touch Texas Pete or any of the other vinegar based hot sauces = reflux. But I can eat any other hot sauce no matter the heat index.

you should try adding vinegar when making beef jerky. I made abatch one time while experimenting with different recipes. The kids loved it. Havent made jerky lately either. Must be getting lazy.

Hahaha my jerky recipe has vinegar in it too..... I go through a lot of vinegar....

Cant think of a hot sauce I dont like. My wife buys franks by the gallon. Love that stuff not really that hot but great flavor. Another I really like is the tabasco chipotle sauce.

I use franks to make my buffalo sauce when I do wings and shrimp. Damn getting hungry...
Your Sauce a Secret or will you share it?

I really like Crystal hot sauce. Got hooked on it 15+ years ago when my grandparents lived in Louisanna.

Your Sauce a Secret or will you share it?
sure. I usually use a cajun breeding just anything they have. I use twice as much franks as butter. Melt your butter in a microwave. Its to easy to scorch on the stove (for lack of better word). I add cayenne pepper according to those dining. If it me they gonna be hot. Sometimes add a pince of black pepper as well. I like to use the dried minced onions bout a tablespoon for say 16 ounces of sauce. I do add garlic salt sparingly. I can agree somewhat with the comment bout franks saltyness. It doesnt bother me but if you add to uch garlic salt it adds up quick. Im thinking bout trying garlic powder next time. Carolinak5 gave us a deep fryer as a house warming a couple years back so thats a definate plus. Ive found wings go about 7 to 8 minutes. With shrimp if you go over about 3 minutes on medium size they get chewy( kinda rubbery). If youve never tried buffalo shrimp I highly recommend them.

I can get Scotts up here in Surry County at the local Food Lion. Love it on pretty much anything

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160510_4ad519f8d0b64040ccfbd6529b65b06f.jpg

I love the flavor and just the right amount to clear your head lol

And if you haven't tired uncle yammy's you need to. I do chicken steak and pork on the grill flavor is amazing.
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160510_5c3c5db2023506553f2e5e4e025ee118.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My current Wall of Flame:
IMG_1655.JPG

Only got a few drops left of the Vicious Viper there on the left. Just got a few more at home that I'll have to restock my shelf here at work with. There's no decent hot sauce shops to my knowledge in this area, so I typically call up Fire & Spice in Wilmington down yonner and ask him kindly to pick a few and ship them to me.

As you can tell, I like it hot. I'll go to B-Dubs, split my wing order with Mango Habanero and Blazin'... waitress will come deliver the order (different one than took the order for some reason) and asks "who here hates their stomach?"

Be careful with this one....
IMG_1656.JPG

Got some great flavor, but it will kick your asses if you get carried away. Let's just say it lives by that line printed on the bottle below the name. :D

Back