Fall GTG?

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
Is there any plan or discussion about another "not-NC4x4" get together this fall?
Or have too many bridges been burned now :laughing:

Is there any plan or discussion about another "not-NC4x4" get together this fall?
Or have too many bridges been burned now :laughing:

I sure hope there is! I enjoy them.

I see from the tail end of the '22 thread the leaning is towards cooler weather, later Oct or early Nov. Oct 28th or Nov 4th seem very logical bc its not toooooo cold yet.

Last year @Tails booked all three sites at the Group Camp. I don't think we necessarily needed all three, but it was nice to have the place to ourselves and not worry about others. Sept 29-Oct 1 and Nov 3-5 are two weekends all three sites are still open. The rest of Nov looks pretty open too, but it starts to really cool off at night.

It's around $500 to book all three sites. I can book it if enough people are interested and can chip in. Probably need to decide soon though.

Duane

I'm game for when ever it is booked and will chip in. Assuming it's not 20deg I'll camp that weekend.

Last year @Tails booked all three sites at the Group Camp. I don't think we necessarily needed all three, but it was nice to have the place to ourselves and not worry about others. Sept 29-Oct 1 and Nov 3-5 are two weekends all three sites are still open. The rest of Nov looks pretty open too, but it starts to really cool off at night.

It's around $500 to book all three sites. I can book it if enough people are interested and can chip in. Probably need to decide soon though.

Duane
If you're going to spend $500 anyway, book Riverbend. It's just around the corner from the outpost, has a nice bath/shower house, and it's private. So no rangers coming around and pouring out your beer.

If you're going to spend $500 anyway, book Riverbend. It's just around the corner from the outpost, has a nice bath/shower house, and it's private. So no rangers coming around and pouring out your beer.

Arent they the ones that were, uh, hesitant to let us come back due to some shenanigans?

Been there done that. Bath house is not that great there either.
Arent they the ones that were, uh, hesitant to let us come back due to some shenanigans?
Yes that is the place that did not like us messing around and the 3 wheelers.

Been there done that. Bath house is not that great there either.

Yes that is the place that did not like us messing around and the 3 wheelers.
thought so. And yea, the bath house wasnt hitting on much.

Also drive ability to trails. I know it's kinda a stretch for this group, but some people actually wheel.

Attachments

• Download.mp4
    1 MB
Wasn’t me that booked it last year. It was @1stgenxxx I just partook in the activities. Also never saw a ranger. I’ll be there again whenever it is.

Oops. My memory ain't what it used to be lol.

Anyway, yes, we did Riverbend two years, and there was some comments or issues each year iirc. If @LBarr2002 can book it for a weekend then I'm down. Just throwing out options.

Duane

Last edited:
Back