3XYJ Build…Tons/42s/SUA= LOW

Tacked up

m_chads yj 3 (5).jpg

Welded and ground smooth

m_chads yj 3 (2).jpg

Painted (looks like mexigold in the pics but it does match the body color)

m_chads yj 3 (3).jpg

Wired up...... Interior done!

m_chads yj 3 (4).jpg

Very inspiring! Now I can hope that my postal jeep floorboards turn out that good. What thickness of metal did you use on the floor?

Love your terminology..."mexigold." I think jeep should use that as their color code. It's classy like naming your child Mercedes. :)

Wow, plans for a shift boot?
Yea I'm trying to figure out what we'll end up using. I think a standard twin stick shifter boot will fit if you trim the the base from on oval to a rectangle. Because of the way these shifters are made I had to make a really big hole to get the case in and out. Normally you'd be able to take the shifters off before you drop the case but with the flat belly and the case clocked up so far it unfortunately just won't work that way. If nothin else I know an upholster that can make us a leather one however we need. Maybe we'll make it out of pink paten leather.

Very inspiring! Now I can hope that my postal jeep floorboards turn out that good. What thickness of metal did you use on the floor?

Love your terminology..."mexigold." I think jeep should use that as their color code. It's classy like naming your child Mercedes. :)
It's all 14 ga.

A Mexigold Jeep with "afrosheen'd" up 42's is pimpin at it's finest. Chad will be a force to be rekoned with for sure.

i need my stock shifter made with a bend in it to center it
so it does not wear the side of my knee out while in 4 wheel drive. in 2 wheel it is far enough forward it does not bother me. but when i put in 4 wheel it is heck on the side of my knee. have you done this for anyone else in the past?

Looks really good! Curious on how you do the boot as well.

Chad I see these pictures and its giving me a little motivation to work on mine. I still want to be on the water instead of working on it though.

Alright, I am lost. I see twin sticks for the TC, and a stick for the tranny, but WTF is the stick with the 1,2,3,4 beside it?

Great work by the way.

The aw4 isnt the best trans if you like controlling your shifts, especially offroad. 1 and 2 share a detent, and the jeep shifts between them as it sees fit, which is never right, and you cant lock it in low gear to go down hills.

I run the same setup on my race jeep and it is sweet, you basically put the mechanical shifter in drive, and then the added shifter gives you electronic control of the 4 forward gears. Basically the closest thing you can get to a FMVB in these trans.

When is this thing going to be in boone? Ill make hour drive to come check this out or meet at callalantee and wheel it!lol

All finished up! I'll be delivering it back to Chad tomorrow morning. This is by far the baddest YJ I've seen as far as stance and stability so here's you a little motivation to get it out on the trail Man.

m_003.jpg

m_004.jpg

m_005.jpg

m_006.jpg

The best thing about this jeep is you still have the factory charcoal canister on the firewall- Hilarious.

Looks awesome!

Beautiful work on the trans tunnel:beer: Makes me want to take my tub to the crusher.....well its not far off as it is:lol:

Beautiful work on the trans tunnel:beer: Makes me want to take my tub to the crusher.....well its not far off as it is:lol:
Thanks man. It was a job for sure. I tried to come up with something that would clear the t-case, t-case shifters, tranny shifters, passengers legs, front driveshaft and require minimal modification to the front seat bracket. LOL! I guess it'll work.

Just got off the phone with Chris and the Jeep has been dropped off. I have not seen the work first hand yet, however, I cannot say enough about Chris/MarsFab service. He went above and beyond what we had originally discussed and he put up with my picky ass BS. I cant wait to beat the doors of this thing.

Looks perfect. Enjoy it chad!

long ways to go...Cage/seat mounts, shock hoops, shocks, all the fluids, rear leaf spring bushings, brake lights, brake lines, battery, and disco ball!!! Then pray the POS will crank and run!!!

Back