3XYJ Build…Tons/42s/SUA= LOW

If you move those shackle mounts up a little higher you will get a better shackle angle. Like the ones pictured below. And make you rig lower.
awww_upitall_com_Private_u_325_592_8655_.jpg

If you move those shackle mounts up a little higher you will get a better shackle angle. Like the ones pictured below. And make you rig lower.

Shakle angle is determined by the spring your running, not an arbitary 45 degree angle because it looks right.

Flat springs need more angle for the shakle to droop out. Springs with some arch to them do better with a more vertical shackle(and hook up well).

The vehicle height is exaclty where Chad wants it, 23". On 42" tires, thats LOW...already.

Vertical shackle angle is better for climbing. Plus, I can't really get it much lower on leaves. The front is completely frenched soa with a 45° shackle angle (flat springs). 23" to the frame on 42s with leaves is pretty low. Making the rear lower would have been the easy part but getting the front any lower with a full frame and steering wouldn't be close to impossible without extreme modifications.

That is badass. If you can get some pics of the steering setup you're using (or end up using), that would be sweet. I have an already "built" CJ-5 that I'm tinkering with now and I want to get it stretched and lowered, so I'm hoping to steal some ideas :beer:

Looks good man; should work well. Looking forward to seeing it out!

The jeep is now at MarsFab! Chris has already finished welding up most of my brackets and his welding skills are simply amazing. He has also been a very straight up guy and easy to deal with! Highly recommended shop! I will try to keep this thread up with pics and info as it comes!

went by MarsFab on Saturday and this is going to be one SEXY jeep. I can't wait to see what Chris does with it. You going to have MarsFab build the cage for it too? I sure hope so. I wana see a MarsFab built YJ cage!

Get some pics Chad! I wanna see this.

Got all your steering parts and pinion yoke ordered yesterday Chad. Should be in in a few days. Hopefully I'll be back at work Monday to hit it hard again.

Sent from the MarsFab Offroad mobile response device ;)

i got excited when i saw this one jump ttt. i can't wait to see some pics!

Well unless I end up doing the cage there won't really be much to look at on this one that I'll be doing. Most of my work will be tying up some of the mechanical loose end. Chad has already put together one pretty bad ass jeep and it's gonna be fun to work on. I look forward to helping him get it ready to hit the trails.

LOL! I wondered if any body would catch that. I had to have something cooler than "sent from iPhone using tapatalk". Gotta keep it OG.

Sent from the MarsFab Offroad mobile response device ;)

Just dropped more parts off at MARSFAB...Fuel cell and pump, steering links, and both the set back shifter and baja shifter from Radesigns for my AW4! Hopefully Chris can find some time to post some pics of the progress as it comes!

Snapped a couple quick pictures today. Nothing fancy yet. I've been trying to figure the best way to go with the steering. We've got only 4" between the top of the front springs and the bottom of the frame. I thought we were gonna end up having to run the tie-rod in the stock location and do a crossover setup togive this thing a little more uptravel. The plan as of now is to notch 1.5" out of the frame rail for the steering to come up into. It'll end up with around 3.5" of up travel. To get anymore the radiator will have to be moved forward so We'll see how this works out for now. HE's running raised hi-steer arms and the TR will sit under and the drag link will be over.
Also got the front brakes done and installed. Finished welding most of the suspension brackets, and cut all the stock stuff off the frame.
m_013.jpg

m_014.jpg

m_015.jpg

Working on the fuel cell mount. It'll be sideways against the passenger inner fender to leave room for a third seat in the rear. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314031507.680483.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314031531.733244.jpg

---
- Sent from the MarsFab Offroad mobile response device ;)

Got it in place. It's not bolted down tight yet in the pics if your wondering why the legs arent tight to the floor.
m_fuel cell mount 003.jpg

m_fuel cell mount 004.jpg

Looks good!

Chad, too bad those fuel line ports arent in the bottom of the tank. I'd be a lot cleaner and safer to have them poking through the bed floor, keeping all the fuel plumbing underneath the Jeep.

Looks good!
Chad, too bad those fuel line ports arent in the bottom of the tank. I'd be a lot cleaner and safer to have them poking through the bed floor, keeping all the fuel plumbing underneath the Jeep.

Thats true man...Chris how about turning that thing upside down for me!:flipoff2:

I think it will be just fine...that fuel cell seems to be ran in about 1 out of ever 2 yjs built.

Back