2 and 6/4 seat buggy.

The radiator is one I picked up from a buddy used. It was for a Jeep with a small block chevy....seems to be the perfect width.

The grill is just tached together, I've got to shorten the height, but I want to position the motor first. I plan to cut up a CJ tub for the hood cowl tonight if it's salvagable and then I can narrow it and the hood.
Chassis%2008-27-2007%202.JPG

The CJ's fall apart more often so it's easier to locate parts :lol:

I've torn down an '84 CJ7 and an '83/84 CJ8, so I had the hood and the CJ7 belonged to James and he decided he really wanted to see this thing come together so he gave up the grill and radiator. And he's selling me a CJ title and number plates and a painless harness. So....it'll even be registered as a CJ.

So....cus I'm a cheap azz it'll be a CJ...but trust me...I'd love to have all YJ stuff.

All looks sweet to me!

The "boots" I was talking about was the USA6X6 rubber boots, they are alot thicker than the stock ones so they don't tear as easy.

The metal boot guards, I bought a set and made a set, but smitty's idea is the best I've heard. The USA6X6 ones I had to redo, they weren't fully welded like I wanted them.

Didn't get as much as I thought I would done this weekend, but these are a few items I ended up with.
James helped me cut this CJ-7 hood cowl out:
CJ-7%20Cowl.JPG

While I was waiting on him I started building this:
Rockwell%20Stand%201.JPG

and here I finished it. Should work out nicely as a stand for the rockwells.
Rockwell%20Stand%206.JPG

And Adam showed up and dropped off my H1 wheels. He already started cutting the runflats off and Andy from CRS had welded new centers and some rock rings in. But they sat outside since then with bare steel so they need some cleaning up.
H1%20Wheels%201.JPG

re

You could of had those Rockwell's done by the time you built the stand for them..

How you gonna help me with my build if you dont get yours done??

:shaking:

Nah...only took me 4 hours and steel I had in the shop to build. I did have to spend $20 on the wheels and a few buck on washers and nuts. The stand is pretty sweet (just painted it so the rockwell hasn't been on it yet) but it'll hold the axle straight by the tie rod sitting on the center T. I built it so that the stand will hold the axle at the static posistion compared to where the chassis sits on the jack stands. Basically I took the 23" belly height of Pat's buggy (according to Crawl) and figured the axle center on 44's should be 22" from the ground, then measured where the chassis belly is and subtract that from 23" and took the 10" from the 22" ....blah blah blah.

If you're waiting on me Matt...you're screwed...this'll be a year long build :(
By the way...you could have had the 502 picked up and the 60's and Stak ordered by now if you hadn't of been messing with that XJ...

Basically I took the 23" belly height of Pat's buggy (according to Crawl) and figured the axle center on 44's should be 22" from the ground, then measured where the chassis belly is and subtract that from 23" and took the 10" from the 22" ....blah blah blah.

you forgot about 2 things:

44's are never 44" tall
tires squish when you put weight on 'em..

oops. Just add about 3" to your chassis height and you'll be close.

My 42's are 18-1/2" at 5 psi on the rig, 41" at 20 psi off the rig.

That's true Rick. Well, I can't cut it down now, but I can figure that in when I mount my links or put the jack stands up on a set of 4x4's when I go to build the links.
Here's a pic of the rock sitting on it. Worked out great. I gave an attempt to knock it over, but its nice and stable.
Front%20Rock%20on%20stand%201.JPG

Nice job, Mr. Master parachutist.. :D

I reeeeeally wish I had made a set when working on my crap.. and moving them around!

I played around with motor placement last night and well....was way off. Moved it about 6" forward and I think I've got it.
Chassis%2009-12-07%202.JPG

I may be able to go farther forward, but we'll see. I went ahead and started the motor mount mockup. Gonna add the 1.5" tube tomorrow or Sunday.
Chassis%2009-12-07%208.JPG

And I think this is where the axle will end up. Gotta rotate it 180 degrees so it's drivers side drop, the swap the outters to put the steering back to behind the axle.
With two kids and a wife that get's mad if I'm inside after 10, I really only get to piddle for an hour or so each night. Gotta get most of my work done on the weekends I'm home.

Yeah, I planned on having the fawking motor mounts and tranny crossmember done this weekend, but the tranny/tcase adapter turned out to be the wrong one. Gotta call Stack today and find out which one I need. Andy told me, but I didn't write it down (in the car when I placed the stak order) and thought it was a 203/205. After talking to Jim I beleive it may be the 208...fawk. Since I hit a road block there I started taking the rockwell apart. Those hub bolts were damn tight and I don't have an impact with the juice. Gotta find a crescent with a 3" opening now.

I'm probably stuck for a couple of weeks till I can get the adapter now and with that getting close to Stak delivery time I may just wait (definately should) till I get it to make the mounts. So...I'll play with sheetmetal, the rockwells, and rear seat mounts this weekend and next.

You or Rob find a camera yet?

Just called on my Stak and they said I need a 208 adapter. He said that a 203 may be the same, but he is not positive.

He also said the Stak is scheduled to ship out by the 23rd (Sunday :shaking:) but MAY get out even earlier! :bounce::bounce2:
So...trying to get a line on a 208 adapter so I can get the driveline mounted the last weekend in September. Then I'll start ordering some suspension parts.

They dont mean the 23rd of this month...i promise. :lol:

Pretty sure they do. They quoted 10 weeks and that will be just a little shorter (I think Andy added 2 weeks to be safe). Did you get yours when they were still quoting quick turn times?

Yea, i was just giving them heck. Took me around 12 weeks for mine which they quoted me 6-8. I wasnt exactly stoked but the product is top notch. Worth the wait but i am very impatient.

Excuse me....it looks to be top notch...:flipoff2:
If it was based on looks then it looks sweet bolted in the buggy. :lol: I know there will always be a comment about the buggy not being done from Travis of Jim. :shaking:

Back