2 and 6/4 seat buggy.

Lol, yeah fawker I have a few ideas there...I'll call you in the AM after K's appointment. The TSL's and the H1's would have to go on first with the creepy's and a set of Allied's.

47" ltb's would be sweet! Rich's jeep is kinda tall for 42's. :D

Bitch please. :rolleyes: how tall is yours under the frame?

What do you think of the clearance you've got with the 42's? I may go for the 40" creepy's then.

Plenty OK at Harlan.. yeah, I got hung on the diffs a few times, but that just means you have to work at it, and not just float over all the holes.

22" under the belly and 76" tall & a few inches lower aired down.

I really like your rig Rich..just messing with ya! But when are you going to build a buggy?

:flipoff2:

Got a pair of Ujoint style front rockwells this weekend:
Rockwells%20Home%201.JPG

DRW 14 bolt maybe?

Nice score on the rocks.. but damn I'll be happy if I never have to tear down another stock rockwell.. Fawking nasty work.

Yeah I had a feeling....but thanks for taking all of the suspense out of it for me. I'm gonna leave one alone for a while, but I will probably tear one down to figure out how to remove the breaks and "flip the hubs" so I can get it under the front to set up the motor position. I still haven't had a chance to read through the whole rockwell thread SSWaters started. I'm sure you guys had some great information and sources in there.

Oh and I notice there is actually a boot guard on these rocks, or what looked like one anyways. Did yours not come with one or is that one not worthy? Obviously something I am missing there.

Nice stuff!

The stock boot guards are pretty thin, most everybody comes up with there on style guard that bolts on in the same way as the stock ones but thicker.

USA6X6 - I know, service sucks, but their one piece boots are beefy, George G. turned me onto them

Alright, thanks. I'll see if I can get some 1/4" plate to curve like that and figure out some extra mounting points. If not, I'll make the dreaded call to Daniel. :shaking:

I hope you run a tire bigger than 42 on rocks!!!!!!!

Also the company to go with for the rockwell stuff is either Overson's or Stazworks or Ballistic fab or for those boot gaurds Scremin Seamen has the best ones out there.

Good luck with the build. Maybe we will see it out in front of that mall at the event one day soon. :)

i know a few people who have ordered from him with no problems. So what??:confused:

How long ago was that... the last time you owned a 4x4? I tried to get up with him during my build for some parts.. He didn't return any phone calls or emails, where I was asking "Hi, I want to buy some rockwell parts, please call me back so I can place my order"

I didn't know about what happened with him on the PBB, but I'm glad he didn't return my calls.

I put in another order yesterday to Tom at CSI in GA for some boots to replace the ones I ripped at the Playground and Harlan.. They're going out today. How do I know that? He's a man of his word.

Maybe we can get a discount / get it shipped within a week if we go in and do a mass buy on the boot guards from Daniel? I need to order 4.

Damn, doesn't anyone other than 6x6 make some?

FYI- My boots didn't get torn on the front edge, pretty much all of it was at the bottom where a modified stock design wouldn't help.. and the rear axle, which has those bling axle seals being sold on the PBB.. didn't leak a drop. The front, which has new seals but stock design, leak like a pig.

Come on Jim, you're not busy... make us some guards! :flipoff2:

For the boot guards. I came up with my own , now there are 4 of us running them with no problems.
If you cut off the diff/bullgear cover to make a mohawk, you have the best boot guards for free.
One cover will make 2 guards. Just cut it twice beside the drain plug, then cut a notch area were the square housing is (you have to make it large enough to get full turn of the steering). his will guard the boot half way up the axle housing. Once you have the piece up to the boot you will see it is the perfect size, and shape.Then make a plate off the bottom of the king pin that you can weld the cover to_Off the top of the cover in the rear I ran a strap up to the top king pin plate. The one from (6x6) only bolts on the bottom.I am running high steer so I ran a strap from the front top to the original tierod location.
They have been beat to death with not one boot problem.
Iam not to good at this explanation stuff , so if some one wants to post pictures I will send them to you to do so.

Got the Tranny bolted to the motor and the 1/4" plate that'll be part of the motor mounts bolted to the motor last night.
Chassis%2009-06-2007%201.JPG

Dropped it in the chassis to get an idea of where it'll sit.
Chassis%2009-06-2007%204.JPG

Chassis%2009-06-2007%209.JPG

Before I get anywhere else I've got to get dimensions for the tcase, build a rolling stand for the rockwell (started last night), and get some 9/16" bolts for the motor mounts. So...not much progress, but about where I figured I'd be.

Back