2 and 6/4 seat buggy.

Looking good. Makes me want a 4 seater. Hope it turns out as low as patricks.

Looking good.

Brought it home Saturday night. Pulled it off the trailer myself at 1am because I had a bad rain storm following me so the pictures are pretty dark. I'll try to get it off the ground this week and get some better pics of the finished product.

But for now:
Chassis%20Home%203.JPG

Chassis%20Home%204.JPG

Chassis%20Home%206.JPG

Jim did a kickass job on it and I'm definately happy with the results.

Looks great, looks really stout. I like the way the lower frame is so beefy looking.

Keep us informed! What kind/length of air shocks are you using? Now you need some 46" Claws like on suicide sally!

:beer:

No idea yet on the length of the airshocks, but I was considering the rock equipment coilvers.

I will probably run 44" TSL's due to price and size, but after running 37" Maxxis Creepy Crawlers on the TJ I'd love to pick up a set of 40" sticky compounds. But I don't know if they will be big enough to give me the clearance on the axles.

I'm taking my time on the rocks, but I MAY have found a set.

40's would be pretty small on rockwells. I dunno personal preference but i am all about the new 47" LTBs.

From the pics I've seen, the 40" Maxxis measure real close to a 42" IROK... (yeah yeah, which is small for rockwells, blah blah blah..)

From the pics I've seen, the 40" Maxxis measure real close to a 42" IROK... (yeah yeah, which is small for rockwells, blah blah blah..)

What do you think of the clearance you've got with the 42's? I may go for the 40" creepy's then.

47" ltb's would be sweet! Rich's jeep is kinda tall for 42's. :D

Here's Sally...dana 80's 40 splines and 46" claws 131" wb...

dsc04638.jpg

dsc06480.jpg

sally3_lg.jpg

Sweet rigs. Love the 4 seaters.
Just to chime in on tire size and rockwells. I got my rocks in back in Jan.(started last Nov. lol).
All I have had to run is a set of hurtin 39.5 tsls, due to $$. Have got 3 44's just need 2 more, ones a spare.
Anyway with the worn 39.5's I have 12 1/4 inches to the bottom of the mowhawk. At 10 psi in the tires.
I ride with 3 other rigs on rockwells. One has 47,s two have 46 claws. The 44,s want be like theres but I still cant wait to get rid of the 39.5's.Cant wait to see the buggy build up.

The only thing I forgot to really think about with the creepy's is that they flex at the corners, but the sidewalls (at least on my bias plys) would stand up straight at 5psi. So I could run 5psi, have a very wide tread pattern on the ground, they'd flext to rocks pretty well, and still have almost full ground clearance. I used to see greg's iroks loose a few inches of height at 8psi due to the week sidewalls (he cut a couple of the sidewalls so they were definately week). So maybe I'd still be ok with a set of 40" creepy's and have similar clearance to 44" TSL's. Damn...there goes my wallet...beadlocks for a 17" and more expensive tires. Argg.

Back