1st Gen CTD 4 door Project w/ Pics

The roll of Duct tape is missing !! :eek:
you gonna swap columns for the manual column in the old truck? Ya know, to get rid of that useless A/T appendage.

so the funny part is I went to grab the duct tape and throw it in the truck and WELL CRAP.. it fell of work area onto floor which was soaking wet so the roll is crap.. so I need to stop and get a new roll next week..

for now I am gonna just take the A/T shifter off, but yes long run is to swap column for a menual one and a TILT one :)

are you gonna do the exterior mirror swap like on the other truck, or change the doors out, if theyll interchange?

also, when you went to the DMV did you put diesel on the title, and/or did it matter when you went to have it inspected... or did they just go by what drivetrain was in the truck?

are you gonna do the exterior mirror swap like on the other truck, or change the doors out, if theyll interchange?
also, when you went to the DMV did you put diesel on the title, and/or did it matter when you went to have it inspected... or did they just go by what drivetrain was in the truck?

yes this truck will get the newer style mirrors.. and yes I know a lot of people give me greif about them , but when you tow a bed camper the newer mirrors are so worth it..

I have not decided on changing doors, etc..

I am leaning towards taking doors off the ext cab I have since they have power window, power locks, etc and then welding new plates on for the mirrors to those doors..

as for the title.. I had to register the truck as a gasser, then I had to take truck saturday to inspection they had to inspect it as a diesel and now i need to go back to dmv to start the process of changing title and registration to diesel.

I wanted to all to match just incase someday i decide to sell truck, etc

Ok, Ive been thinkin of doing a swap like this, and didnt think itd be as easy as marking diesel on the title/forms when registering it...

ya I am not done yet.. so we will see how it ends up soon :)

It should still be emissions exempt (regardless of engine) due to the over 6900# GVW, right?

yes even if gas was in it, it would be exempt of emissions but it still needs visual inspection.. and they requested that in the computer it be "inspected" at a diesel..

the inspection tech can change the type of fuel from gas, diesel, hybrid, when doing inspection..

the inspection tech can change the type of fuel from gas, diesel, hybrid, when doing inspection..

though it will show up on a Carfax or what ever report as a discrepency, which at almost 20 years old, who really cares.

Well the Truck is OFFICIALLY a DIESEL in the North Carolina system..

I got the registration Officially changed over this morning..
Lady said that if someone ran a carfax it would show the change, but shoul dnot be discrepency since the DMV made it official

Well I am slowly getting the little things done..

Need to have it all done by Oct 4th weekend for its 1st wheeling trip :)

Here are some more pics of the painting I did today..
So far I have entire bed, tailgate, back of cab, and now roof painted..

100_3755.jpg

100_3758.jpg

100_3757.jpg

100_3761.jpg

Is the bed tweaked or does it look that way because its on a hill?

Duane

Looks good

Did that rear bumper bolt right on?

I will get you the filler piece as soon as I get it off

Yes the bumper did bolt right up.. I did have to get different bolts, but otherwise it went on fine

Is the bed tweaked or does it look that way because its on a hill?
Duane

it is because it is on a hill.. the bed is straight when truck is level

Well Took the truck on its 1st full load and it towed great..best part was i had no issues :)

this load was 15,380lbs..
I held it at 65 with no problems and averaged 12mpg..the trip was almost 900 miles..

100_3804_small.jpg

100_3805_small.jpg

100_3806_small.jpg

Very cool, the xj looks good with the cut back.

Did you try the new flavor dipped chicken salad??

Very cool, the xj looks good with the cut back.
Did you try the new flavor dipped chicken salad??

hahahahah nope, just the chicken sandwich :)

glad to hear about no issues... Im guessing there werent any problems with having to have the tailgate down for the camper?

no problems at all with tailgate down.. i would have to jack knife the truck/trailer for it to even come close

cool, in the pics it didnt look to be any....
with all the blue, you should change the color on your camper to match...

shhh do not give out all my secrets :)

Back