Saturday @ URE 4x4Cross

ai73.photobucket.com_albums_i233_badog3_jeep_URE_URE_204X4_20CROSS_DSCN3335.jpg

ai73.photobucket.com_albums_i233_badog3_jeep_URE_URE_204X4_20CROSS_DSCN3337.jpg

ai73.photobucket.com_albums_i233_badog3_jeep_URE_URE_204X4_20CROSS_DSCN3338.jpg

ai73.photobucket.com_albums_i233_badog3_jeep_URE_URE_204X4_20CROSS_DSCN3339.jpg

anybody get a pic of a red/black cherokee going in the mud pit??? not my thing but got talked into it and would like to find a pic! thanks!

Big thanks to AW and URE stables and all the vols and everyone else who was involved. I and LKC had a blast and a good time. Hate the rock comp got rained out.

My mutt chillin in the shade:
ai73.photobucket.com_albums_i233_badog3_jeep_URE_URE_204X4_20CROSS_DSCN3409.jpg

I didn't see any any action Friday just flew by Check point #2 w/o much incident a few people got a litle squirley around the curves, but every one kept there rigs between the trees.
on Saturday Check point #3 I saw a few people spin out in the corner and a scout smack a tree and dented his bumper enough to rub the tire when they turned right. other than that the day was pretty uneventful except trying to keep people from driving on the race corse and some dude asked the ranger if he could drive thru the woods off trail.:shaking:

anybody get a pic of a red/black cherokee going in the mud pit??? not my thing but got talked into it and would like to find a pic! thanks!
Big thanks to AW and URE stables and all the vols and everyone else who was involved. I and LKC had a blast and a good time. Hate the rock comp got rained out.

Did he get stuck at the end by the rock garden side? I got some pics of a couple rigs I didnt post, I dont know what they were though because they were all covered in mud. Ill post them later tonight.

My photo donation is pretty puny since I was running the clocks all day at the finish line but there were some spectacular finishes. We had one XJ come across the finish full throttle, RF tire off the bead, rig airborne...in reverse. Some other guy came across in a Range Rover and endoed hard. The back tires were at least 4 feet in the air.

The rig below got within 100 yards of the finish line. The tire/wheel/hub was still attached but lying face down in the mud when forward progress halted.
IMG_8594.jpg

IMG_8598.jpg

Madog, it was good to meet you and the dog. Scott

Pic above...

I broke all 6 bolts holding my highsteer arm and box togther, and we made it a while like that. Once it finally locked up we ran in reverse untill it completely broke the last 2 bolts holding the box and wheel on. The shaft is ok and the box....Only breakage was the 8 bolts and a fast run we had going. But it was awsome, hope to see lots of vids and pics.

Thanks to American Wheeler, NO limit, 4 Wheel Parts, and most importantly, ALL the volunteers who made this possible...

X2 Thanks to everyone, most fun you can have in a Saturn.

Got High centered in a stock F-150 on top falls dam with only a comealong. Hell of a time.

Would not have missed it for anything. Nice to put some faces with the names.

Badog, good meeting you out there.
no doubt. it was good meeting you too out there and keep up the good fight!

Madog, it was good to meet you and the dog. Scott
X2 hopefully we will get wheel soon!
thanks to the racers for putting on a good show especialy the "A" class
(even in the boring check points)

I enjoyed meeting every one out there!!! even the dude that was pissed and threw his helment cussing in the stalling black toy w/ the exo he reminded me of myself about 10 trs ago... what ended up being the fubar?

I can't wait for a second annual event

Pretty sure Dave & I got video of your run. His is probably better than mine. PM him and see if he's posted it up on his URL space. I'll see what I can do with uploading my video. It's not that great, though. I mean, it was a hell of a run, but my vid leaves a little to be desired. I wish I had some video of the extraction of that FSJ that went before you!

kick a$$ boys. nice event. see yah in june

Pretty sure Dave & I got video of your run. His is probably better than mine. PM him and see if he's posted it up on his URL space. I'll see what I can do with uploading my video. It's not that great, though. I mean, it was a hell of a run, but my vid leaves a little to be desired. I wish I had some video of the extraction of that FSJ that went before you!
sweet! please post it up id love to see what it looked like outside the rig. thanks!:beer:

Corey.... I know I was egging ya on to do it - so I made sure to stick around and get a video.
I'll see about getting it compressed and viewable for ya.

Back