Saturday @ URE 4x4Cross

Nissan11

We didnt stay on the trails watching long, but I got some pics of a few racers.

ai130.photobucket.com_albums_p275_nissan11_URE_20Cross_2008_DSC_0064.jpg

ai130.photobucket.com_albums_p275_nissan11_URE_20Cross_2008_DSC_0024.jpg

ai130.photobucket.com_albums_p275_nissan11_URE_20Cross_2008_DSC_0029.jpg

ai130.photobucket.com_albums_p275_nissan11_URE_20Cross_2008_DSC_0036.jpg

ai130.photobucket.com_albums_p275_nissan11_URE_20Cross_2008_DSC_0039.jpg

Dang, I believe him now when he said that it was alot worse below Kodiak than his show at Kodiak. He blew the left front tire (or may have just bent the wheel bad enough to loase the bead), then plowed over a tree (as in uprooted about a 4" diameter tree)

Not sure how many people actually finished in the "D" class, but there was about 14 to enter, I think 6-7 might have finished.

Rich got 4th, and PJ got 2nd I think, not sure who it was that got first, but I would guess the moonbuggy thing. I thought it was Cassidy when it came through (a few others did as well), but turns out Cassidy never even made it to Kodiak, blew the carb off the engine...

The buggy w/ the unimogs was finished about 300 yards shy of the finish line, had gone part of the way in reverse before the spindle broke off the knuckle which got him a DNF, although his spotter ran across the finish line :)

Was a fun day, hope to see more pics and videos.

Did Ricky make thru the mud hole????

The mud hole was in the pond at the Uwharrie Stables, the rock garden was on the back corner of the dam.

Jeff, I didnt see his whole run but he made it damn far before he stopped. I think he just broke something because after he got towed out he went kamikaze through the mud in reverse until he couldnt go any more.

Back