Building a Shop on a budget...(My Shop Project Build)

Are those final positions for washer/dryer? Is that wiring going to be dressed up once completed?

nope.. i need to cut the drain pipe and move it and then washer will be moved.. all wires you see are new wires for addition that still need to be connected by electrician in a few weeks. also going to paint cabinet and then entire are will be hidden..

Kitchen cabinets got installed

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0289.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0288.jpg

and fire place mantel is done
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0281.jpg

About 6 years ago I built a block wall to help keep the raised area dirt away from the front of the garage and today we ripped it down to start on one of the most exciting parts of this build for me CONCRETE work..

the plan is to add a drain in front of garage to keep water out and rip down block wall and regrade entire back yard and then CONCRETE it all: YIPPEE

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_100_4585.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_100_4584.jpg

Wall gone
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0299.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0305.jpg

old driveway getting ripped up
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0308.jpg

and since I live on a cut threw road, here is the best way to piss off the people that cut threw.. Park your BUS on the street for the week :)

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0301.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0302.jpg

guys got dirt graded and forms put in.. and concrete truck showed up at 9am

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0311.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0312.jpg

pic form security cam
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0314.png

went home at lunch since I could not wait any longer to check out the driveway and here is where they were at.

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0316.jpg

when I came home he is what I saw.. I am VERY HAPPY
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0317.jpg

and for comparison before the shop was ever built
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0319.jpg

Did you get a ticket yet?

Only if not tagged or not moved. I have moved it 5 feet so I am good :)

You're thinking of the nuisance/abandoned vehicle ordinance. This is different. Basically, in the City of Raleigh, the only thing you can park on the street (ever) is a passenger car or a pickup truck up to 3/4 ton. No trailers (attached or not), no "house cars", and definitely nothing bigger than a 3/4 ton pickup. Now, we can have an argument about what a "3/4 ton truck" is, and how the term is imprecise and outdated, but that's what the ordinance says. Technically, it would allow them to slip a ticket under the windshield of every landscaper's truck while they're out cutting grass, but the police don't do that for a variety of reasons, not least of which is that many of them don't know it's against the law, and most of them aren't assholes, so they look the other way.

But if your neighbor complains, they have to respond. Bottom line is that if you think this is a good way to escalate a feud between you and your neighbors, you're going to get slapped down. I wouldn't advise it.

I think this and only this... "if your neighbor complains".

Do like me and just be one up on every neighbor from the get-go with an ace in the back pocket just in case someone wants to pick a fight. It's costed 2 neighbors dearly so far for their calls to Durham on me. I still need to look into when one of them is going to get condemned for costing me around 10k more than I wanted to spend on my property improvements all said and done.

My motto has become "Be the best neighbor you can possibly be until they mess up"...
:beer:

I think this and only this... "if your neighbor complains".

The cops aren't going to tell you who called. Most of the time they don't even know. Somebody will anonymously post it on See Click Fix.

and that is why I have talked to and emailed my neighbors letting them know exactly what is going on..

technically I am parked in front of there yard so we can still fit two cars in front of our house..

I found out on Sunday there were two cops parked in front of the bus and in my driveway while I was at a wedding so i don't think the cops care unless someone complains..

I asked the painter for a quote to paint my shop and he never gave me one so I decided to do it myself..

I had a half day last friday so I primed the shop and then finished painting it on Sat

Friday Prime
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0398.jpg

saturday painting.. I decided to paint all the metal first which is the sides and the top piece over the front doors.
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0403.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0402.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0404.jpg

as you can see in the next pics the side colors do not match the front color.. the plan was to have the shop color match the house exterior paint and well that did not go as planned

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0431.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0432.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0405.jpg

so I took all the paint back to Sherwin Williams and they credited me all my money back for the paint so as of right now I have about $50 in paint to paint the entire shop..

but in the end I did finish and the front is the same color as the house so for now the shop has a darker gray color on sides and the front matches the house and with the bus parked there you cant tell when looking down the driveway so I am not complaining

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0406.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0429.jpg

Here you can see the front and side
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0428.jpg

and since I live on a cut threw road, here is the best way to piss off the people that cut threw.. Park your BUS on the street for the week :)

View attachment 199624

View attachment 199625

lol. Not that I was cutting thru on your street (Six Forks to Shelly?), but I live about a mile from you. At least I assume it is you...'cause like how many of these can there be in North Raleigh parked on a residential street?!?!?!?!?!
I am not done yet :)
If I can help, I have a 30" vinyl cutter....

We have officially moved into the bus so they can finish up the paint, hardwoods etc

inside the bus.. it is a little weird having to get dressed and to go work from bus.. since we only use it for fun and vacations
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0494.jpg

getting close

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_941_img_0499.jpg

Back