3rd annual get together Nov 18-20

You know I'm 30mn from AOP, right?
I'd be disappointed if you don't reach out when you're there. And if you need tools / help, my shop is your shop.

I'm pretty sure we met already. Isn't that you and your wife right next to me ?

IMG-5060.jpg

It's just hard to feed the 8.1 and drive 14h in a weekend just to hang out. I know it makes me sounds like a massive a-hole, but I'm already not wheeling enough as is, so if I have a free weekend, I'd like to dedicate it to that activity. Plenty of time to hang out around the campfire and swap stories during the evening or after my rig is broken.
I have been to neither, just that GER seems to be very rockcrawling oriented and that's not my forte.

I elected not to come last year since the weather looked iffiy, and thge last nail in the coffin was when my understanding of the event went from a riding trip with all of NC4x4 to a poser meeting up with everyone getting drunk and doing dumb shit in the campground.

I'm all in for the first style, not much for the second.
There’s some sketchy climbs that require throttle at GER that I’m sure you could enjoy.
Even if you hate it for wheeling, cause you’re right, it’s definitely geared towards crawling, at least you got to check it out and have a good time with people.
Also, that’s not Philip and his wife. He’s on the far right if my eyes serve me right.

Im down for GER or Harlan as an “unofficial” NC4X4 trip just to wheel with all these web wheelers :flipoff2:

False. Wheeling is fantastic at Ivy. Being a spot for a get together it would be awful. GER is 1,000% perfect for both.

This was the whole point of this thing is getting people together? It’s Uwharrie so the riding would be lame anyway. Not sure why you’re so against hanging out with folks but that was the point lol. There was certainly plenty of beers but it wasn’t a frat party drunken mess by any means. I remember zero drama, and everyone acting like adults the entire time. Lots of standing/sitting around and laughter.

This!!! Its not a wheeling trip, its a meetup to hang out and maybe ride a dirt road they call a trail. We left a little early, but the rowdiest thing while I was there was that kid on the trike. Year before it was the kid on the mini bike that ran someone over! Just a day to have a great time with like minded folks.

You know I'm 30mn from AOP, right?
I'd be disappointed if you don't reach out when you're there. And if you need tools / help, my shop is your shop.

I'm pretty sure we met already. Isn't that you and your wife right next to me ?

IMG-5060.jpg

It's just hard to feed the 8.1 and drive 14h in a weekend just to hang out. I know it makes me sounds like a massive a-hole, but I'm already not wheeling enough as is, so if I have a free weekend, I'd like to dedicate it to that activity. Plenty of time to hang out around the campfire and swap stories during the evening or after my rig is broken.

I get the expense. Thats part of why Im out if its at GER. Cant afford to drive up there just for a day trip and still working out trying to camp with an autistic toddler. If you can make it, come on out and have a good time.

Also, that’s not Philip and his wife. He’s on the far right if my eyes serve me right.
[...]
Im down for GER or Harlan as an “unofficial” NC4X4 trip just to wheel with all these web wheelers :flipoff2:

Look who I was quoting / answering :)

And Harlan is much more manageable for me. 8h vs 14h is a big difference.

@Bebop you are correct so we have met for a quick lunch. As my brain is pretty much a plate of scrambled eggs anymore, I completely forgot about that.

No worries. I'm always game to swap good stories again.
And if we do it at Harlan and we actually wheel, pass seat is open if you want to tag along.

Last year when this was recommended, thought you boys were nuts to go that far for a GTG...but I'd make it a long family weekend no problem this year.

Also...for level of acceptable rowdy...crashed a wedding and did shots from titty luges, and nothing was said. Although, there was one twatastic waitress that charged me a $5 asshole fee.
Only $5? I would say you got off light. :flipoff2:

I'm in too. I'll have one of my rigs together enough to sit on the trailer while I drink beer and stare at y'alls wives.
GER sounds great until the minimal 6 hour 1 way tow for those of us NOT in the Greensboro region comes into play.
Uwharrie again or something more central gets my vote.

GER sounds great until the minimal 6 hour 1 way tow for those of us NOT in the Greensboro region comes into play.
Gheigh

Never woulda thunk a covergirl would be so skert of a little drive time :flipoff2:
:laughing:

Gheigh

Never woulda thunk a covergirl would be so skert of a little drive time :flipoff2:
:laughing:
I love driving. Hauling to GER is a great tow too.
But...for me it's 2 travel days (7 hours one way with stops) added to 2 wheeling days. Finding time for 4 days off is a challenge unfortunately

I love driving. Hauling to GER is a great tow too.
But...for me it's 2 travel days (7 hours one way with stops) added to 2 wheeling days. Finding time for 4 days off is a challenge unfortunately

Sometimes I need to: piss, get a drink and burrito at Sheetz, peel my nuts off my leg and stretch a bit. 5:30 + aforementioned= 7 hour trip View attachment 378361
QFTT! Right there with you. I can be at URE in 1:45.

Could always do multiple events...one at URE for a get together to shoot the breeze, grill out & drink beer and another at GER for wheeling? Personally I'd opt for URE again since my rig still looks like my avatar :(.
Or mix it up and go to Bristol, TN on September 3 & 4 for Cleetus & Cars...burnouts, crown vic racing & stadium super trucks!

I'm in too. I'll have one of my rigs together enough to sit on the trailer while I drink beer and stare at y'alls wives.
Uwharrie again or something more central gets my vote.

Everything is 4+ hours from me 🤣

I missed it last year, I even saw fullers rig on the trailer on 49. I would plan to go to Uwharrie but can’t swing further away with my Harlan trip in October.

Back