00 xj 8.25/D30LP moving right along

I got to ask why stroke and supercharge the engine if you plan on just slowly hitting obstacles. Aren't going to get any wheel spin in double low.
ohh yeah...that mod is just to do it cause always wanted a supercharged or turbo in a jeep so why not..and on the street i guess i could smoke a few ricers while at it lol

Well the simple answer is NOT BREAKING. 10 years ago
yeah i get that but i guess you missed the part of when i go wheelling, call me a wuss i guess, i stay away from stuff that i don't believe i can make safely and the biggest thing of all is "wheeling style." Romping down on it up and through stuff is what gets people broke (usually) so that's why i crawl safely through/around and get out in one piece. I don't have the mentality on the trail to show off and be all like "watch this"...i like to wheel but make through the whole trail and back home in one piece or most pieces and i've happily accomplished that for long time now without breaking major stuff. hence why "doubler" was the best idea given to me years back and add some trail smarts with that and i can have all the fun i would want. i know everyone thinks it's impossible to wheel stock xj axles on 35s or 38s even without breaking a mile down the road but i have to call major BS on that..don't abuse it and you can run big tires as long as stay out of the RPMs!! having said all this, i would try those hills at the Flats i just saw videos of with say my xj build right now but in the future with doubled and other mods and better set of 35s, i would give it a try but it wouldn't look like their awesome videos if i could even make it half way up but I'm ok with that...not trying to build a rig to go through what those guys are going through!

I'm ok with watching the big hill and crazy off road...instead of trying to keep up with it!!

I got to ask why stroke and supercharge the engine if you plan on just slowly hitting obstacles. Aren't going to get any wheel spin in double low.

Duh, to make up for the power lost due to running 35-36 inch tires using axle gears designed to turn 27-28 inch tires.

yeah i get that but i guess you missed the part of when i go wheelling, call me a wuss i guess, i stay away from stuff that i don't believe i can make safely and the biggest thing of all is "wheeling style." Romping down on it up and through stuff is what gets people broke (usually) so that's why i crawl safely through/around and get out in one piece. I don't have the mentality on the trail to show off and be all like "watch this"...i like to wheel but make through the whole trail and back home in one piece or most pieces and i've happily accomplished that for long time now without breaking major stuff. hence why "doubler" was the best idea given to me years back and add some trail smarts with that and i can have all the fun i would want. i know everyone thinks it's impossible to wheel stock xj axles on 35s or 38s even without breaking a mile down the road but i have to call major BS on that..don't abuse it and you can run big tires as long as stay out of the RPMs!! having said all this, i would try those hills at the Flats i just saw videos of with say my xj build right now but in the future with doubled and other mods and better set of 35s, i would give it a try but it wouldn't look like their awesome videos if i could even make it half way up but I'm ok with that...not trying to build a rig to go through what those guys are going through!
Nope, didn't miss that part. Just trying to wrap my mind around why that's so important to you. I'll probably be the only person on this board NOT trying to break you down. Since you feel the need to prove a point, go about it in a different fashion. You said you didnt want to drive a "average one ton built Cherokee", but there's nothing normal about it. You'd find it a lot more fun to be that guy in an overbuilt rig that drives it to and from trails all over the southeast wheeling anything in front of you all while in air conditioned comfort. Its clear you're trying to prove a point but I'm telling you its the wrong one.

Last edited:
I have never understood why you say you want to come to the flats and meet people from this forum, BUT you have yet to go to any of the events held there. Your excuse of your jeep isn't built enough doesn't make since. I drove there with a stock jeep and have drove it there up intel recently. There is plenty to do in a stock rig, much less one on 35s and a welded rear.

So re-gearing the axles puts more stress on the carriers but adding a 2.72:1 gear box doesn't? Please explain. And while you are at it tell me why you would put the 6 planetary gear in the crawl box and not in the tcase that will be seeing almost 3 times the tourque input. Also even if you never go over 3k rpms on a 4.0 you are still going to be at peak torque so how does that help?

I have never understood why you say you want to come to the flats and meet people from this forum, BUT you have yet to go to any of the events held there. Your excuse of your jeep isn't built enough doesn't make since. I drove there with a stock jeep and have drove it there up intel recently. There is plenty to do in a stock rig, much less one on 35s and a welded rear.
money issues and biggest of all, personal info here so please don't mock it, but my wife struggles with anxiety and panic attacks. that's the most reason why I can't ever go anywhere to any events..i try but it's kinda risky to leave her at home and for her to come along it has to be just that right time when she's ok to go. it's the truth so please don't make fun of it, thank you.

So re-gearing the axles puts more stress on the carriers but adding a 2.72:1 gear box doesn't? Please explain. And while you are at it tell me why you would put the 6 planetary gear in the crawl box and not in the tcase that will be seeing almost 3 times the tourque input. Also even if you never go over 3k rpms on a 4.0 you are still going to be at peak torque so how does that help?
i meant put planetaries in the t-case and for gears, the doubler is actually not as bad as everyone makes it out to be...as long as you don't over rev it. heck even the Teraflex 4:1 kits come with a warning label to not go in high rpms and as i've pretty much always heard, most people who brake doublers(231/231) were abusing it and beating on it too hard.

ohh btw, found someone who can get the doubler kit...actually Aaron still knows the same guy who he got it from last time so hope to get ordered in the next month or so if work keeps good.

i meant put planetaries in the t-case and for gears, the doubler is actually not as bad as everyone makes it out to be...as long as you don't over rev it. heck even the Teraflex 4:1 kits come with a warning label to not go in high rpms and as i've pretty much always heard, most people who brake doublers(231/231) were abusing it and beating on it too hard.
Yeah man Im with you dont be hard on it don't break it. But it's your logic. The warnings on the teralow 4:1 is not about engine rpms at all. It's the fact that if you run it in low range in 3rd or 4th gear down the trail the input is spinning too fast for the oiling system to keep up. Torque is what breaks parts. Period. It doesnt matter where in your driveline you add gear reduction, the end result is the same. More torque to the differential/axleshafts/tires.

i honestly don't see what the big fuss is and since a lot on here claim to be (and probably are) pros compared to me and my knowledge...then everyone should know it's all about what someone wants on their rig, what they plan on doing with it, how they plan to treat it and such...so having this said why can't people just accept the fact that if someone wants a crawler style rig like myself, doesn't abuse it cause he can't afford to fix it, know what the vehicles limits are and aren't....then that person with their build is actually in perfect shoes and right where they need/want to be because that is what they want so that is what they build and that is what they expect to do and not to do with it...HOLY crap i just got all scientific and technical about this hobby of wheeling LOL but in truth this is the truth and the sooner people just admit that it's the truth, the sooner everyone can quit always bombing each other and picking on the little guys, or ghetto guys, or poor guys, and just all get along and truly enjoy the sport for each individuals needs and desires. Dam why do i feel like I'm preaching .. oh i guess cause i am lol!! so hope to be able to move on from these kind of discussions and just critique people's work but enough of dogging peoples rigs. :D

We're just trying to help YOU out. We are not pros. A pro gets paid to do something and that's far from how wheeling works. The only reward involved is when everyone who goes on a trip gets back to camp, rig intact, at the end of each day and goes home safe and sound at the end of the trip. If you proceed to build something that'll fall apart and hurt you or others, we're going to call you out on it and help make a GOOD plan come together. Listening is the best thing you can do. There is thousands of years of combined trail knowledge on this board for you to either take advantage of or piss on. What's it going to be?

If you proceed to build something that'll fall apart and hurt you or others,
HOW IS A XJ WITH 5"LIFT ON 35s get this kind of response....ARE YOU FREAKIN STUPID OR JUST A MORON??? really dude, :wtf:no offense but you need to go back to basics of wheeling and learn something bro cause if any 4x4 on 35s is a death trap to you guys than i feel sorry for all the people you come into contact with!!! you sure as hell would scare me away from any further interest in this sport....(Damn, i just realized there are hundreds of thousands of "death traps" running wild throughout the country then...better call the 4x4 moderators to go and tell them millions of people to get their death traps off the road unless they come here and build it right) yeah i'm a smart ass because honestly that's how you sound with stupid comments like these.:shaking:

It's the SIMPLE fact that i don't beat my jeep and abuse it like everyone else does ...and FYI the only "death traps" ive seen people get hurt in is when they are stupid/neglectful/drunk/show off/ and just plain morons trying to outperform their vehicle. I have nothing to prove except stock jeeps are good enough for me and plenty for my taste of build and style of off road!!

Yeah I'm stupid. My IQ is sub-85, I put 38" tires on bullshit dana 35's and build stuff out of used trampoline parts. And when someone says it's a bad idea I stick my head up my ass and spew out some gibberish straight out of middle school special needs class.
When you're old enough to purchase alcohol legally, I highly suggest binge drinking a case a day. Do the world a favor and don't ever drive a car again. Or build one for that matter. Someone else take over from here. I'm done. :lol:

aww did your feelings get hurt...dude seriously, grow up. so what i made body armor from trampoline frame..it was fun, cool, did its job to protect the jeep, and what... are you intimidated is that why you have to trash it. i put 38s on a jeep and doubler and was freaking awesome as hell...ask the kid whose xj i pulled for 4 miles back to safety...does that bother you that i didn't grenade it...or how about this ASU jeep with almost 12" lift on 39.5s welded D30/D35 and after 2years of the guy beating the hell out of it who bought it...guess what MR. PRO...those diffs are still intact...ohh snap we have "death trap that didn't brake" in the end i think all you type of people get mad when you put crap load of blood sweat money into big ass parts/tough stuff/tough builds and then you see jeeps like this mentioned here go on and on enjoying life without breaking the bank and keep on wheeling...that's my assumption is that it frustrates you to see these "death traps" actually work and people aren't as moronic as you seem to think...if that's not the case, than your just an ass i guess so i would take the first guess lol.
"DAM LOOK AT ALL THESE DEATH TRAPS...ohh wait for it wait for it....still running and wheeling years later along with current red one of mine" i'll be darned. i guess i'm just a dam troll
XJ on 38s.jpg
ASU Jeep Flex.jpg
xj on 36s Jasons.jpg
00 xj lift done left side pic.jpg

off road pros be like "dam trolls building such atrocities...off with their heads for such death traps"

Why do all your threads end up as this train wreck?
1011285_569063666522479_649120845_n.jpg

good question u tell me...i'm not the one who ever starts any crap. I just post what i'm working on like everyone else, my plans and build and such and what do ya know...immediately everyone wants to stop in their tracks to go pick on the "xj troll" cause they gotta make up for where something falls short i guess...so whose really the troll then?? at least i don't go hacking people's threads/trolling around the site bored still looking for people to prow on,,,sorry but in my opinion and just MY opinion...people need to get a life, grow up, go back to mommy and daddy and learn some dam manners and if you can't say something nice....shut your dam mouth and move on about your business..
so on some actual "real" build stuff...finished bumpers today and really interested in drawing up plans to flip the rear leafs and stretch it 3" or so for better driveline angles and such so anyone can point me in direction of a build thread would be great..i'm sure it's been done and someone surely has a post/writeup on it with pictures and stuff...looks complex but might want to tackle it before i think of adding the doubler

I got a question for ya.
Why ask people for their opinion and then argue with the opinions you get?
You asked folks if you should do X,
folks said NO
You argued I wanna do it and Im gonna do it!!!!
Have fun. Build it how you want. Dont expect us to condone it or encourage it or think you are right, but it is your rig to build how you like.

BTW the ASU XJ isnt still intact.

And finally I dont give a damn how you drive, unless it involves fairy dust and magic unicorn wings those axles aint holding up to 38s on anything above a gravel road.

and here it is again, another JEEPSTER thread.
Dude you act like you dont understand why everyone jumps your shit on here. How can you not see you come in ask questions and sometimes show stuff you have built. and then if there is any negative criticism. you start cussing everyone and telling them they are stupid. did that method ever work for you gaining friends at anytime in your life? not even sure why im wasting my time typing this. we have all watched how this mess always plays out. again im still puzzled over the F.U. thing i watched you do so many times in the past.
Man I wheel and hangout with alot of people I have met on here. Great bunch. and always out to lend a hand or whatever. But as in most, dont bite that hand. and as you end up talking shit, that is doing just that.
If you will look at all the info in the build threads. you will see some great info being handed down. where you think most got their info? screwing up and then being taught how to do things right. and the funny thing. Ive never seen a 1 have the issues that youve had. so as my father used to tell me . Is it them to blame or is it you?

oops Ron. I have the pos "ASU xj" . but i guess not being intact is correct.
it made a debut at the flats last spring and broke . lol.
I only traded for it to get the long arms out from under it for another build. while it sat on the lot at the shop. you wouldnt believe how many stopped to take a pic or have a pic with them standing beside it. OoPs! that should make Jeepsters head swell. But I think alot of the decent mods were done from High country at some point and time. so i decided i would use it for adv. purpose. and for the mechanic that works for me to have something to wheel since he had to sell his last jeep . but i was scared some would see the crap underneath this thing i think we did it. it hides behind the shop for now. still runs, somewhat

Last edited:
How can you not see you come in ask questions and sometimes show stuf
when the hell did i ask 'anyone's opinion if they liked this new 00 XJ on 35s with doubler idea and such....i didn't ask and would never ask..why?..cause people's pro comments suck ass and tired of hearing bashing on the XJs. I don't need peoples advise on my build of likes. i just asked who knew where i could find the 231/231 doubler kit and well...this is the pile of shit everyone gives just from stating what my jeep is and plans for it.
And finally I dont give a damn how you drive, unless it involves fairy dust and magic unicorn wings those axles aint holding up to 38s on anything above a gravel ro
my point exactly...just cause this doesn't work for you and others, doesn't mean it don't work for everyone. people again, need to learn to drive i guess and stop abusing thier jeeps.

Back