Your interesting thing for the day

The statement about the magnetic field not being strong, but really big is correct.
We also have 2 poles for north .... true and magnetic, not to mention it has always been in flux, constantly moving.

BUT

THEY say is going to flip.
They also said in the 80s the earth would be a block of ice by now.
When that proved wrong THEY said it would be a boiling cauldron with no ocean by now.
Global Ice Age, then Global Warming ..... news flash, weather is always in flux also ....
So we call it Climate Change ( don't have to prove which way it's going ) and make it sound as bad as possible.

First THEY said we have to go to plastic bags to save the planet with trees.
Now THEY say we need to go back to paper to save the earth from being clogged up with plastic.

THEY seem to be VERY seldom right!

Last edited:
This is amazing... but when AI's figure out how to master this we're fucked

This is amazing... but when AI's figure out how to master this we're fucked
why the negative? really want to here your thoughts.

why the negative? really want to here your thoughts.
Probably along the lines is if AI figures out how to control these and then over time humans are injected with these. They could be used to attack people from the inside out. I think for these to work in a medical field you'd need 1000s injected into you at a single go

Probably along the lines is if AI figures out how to control these and then over time humans are injected with these. They could be used to attack people from the inside out. I think for these to work in a medical field you'd need 1000s injected into you at a single go
Weaponized may just a few....I'm thinking targeted attacks on nervous system here...

So do they work or not?
What I'm seeing is just the classic debate of "Hey this is a neat idea and could really change things" vs "Its probably fragile and won't work in the real world", where the latter just takes time to go through a few rounds of manufacturing to get to a stage of robustness that it's useful.

I think the new prop is cool, but I've hit the bottom at speed and I hit floating log w my aluminum prop and it took. I would assume w the cutouts in that prop it would bend or get destroyed if it hit anything at speed.

I'm no prop engineer, and the loopy design is interesting, but I assume the physics is pretty well sorted out by now. It should just be a matter of angle, area, and some finer points of fluid dynamics to determine if its better or not, and if it were, it would probably be in use already. A probably more practical idea is the counter rotating prop. My inlaws have one on their Cobalt, and I like the idea and it seems to work well.
1692043140435.png

Back