Yota Firewall Buggy

styrofab helmets. I really think there's a market for them.

Where's billy mays when you need him?

Forgot rear brake lines and a simple hoop to protect the engine if it rolls over.

m_023.jpg

m_024.jpg

Chris, engine hoop is perfect. Eggzachary what I was talking about.

I can't wait to sit in this thing in the garage and make motor noises.

Is this going to have front skins? I hope so.

Yes, I'm going with dovenosed 2010 tacoma fenders/grille.

There will be side skins also. Shooting for "twisted customs style" where a solid sheet of metal runs form the front fenders and terminates at the rear, with a "wheel well" above the rear tires.

Yea what he said.

I know it's kinda funny looking with no front clip. The front push bar will come out just below the grill and the front fenders will cover/hide the sides of the factory firewall. I promise with the front clip it will look boutit.

Rig got home last weekend. Work for Nov. 17th Harlan deadline has begun.

The rig turned out exactly how I wanted.

As anyone would be with sending their baby off with a stranger, I was a little nervous. I had an idea in my mind of what I wanted, nothing real specific. I spoke with Chris, we shot some ideas back and forth, and then he got to it. He's got some great ideas and was super easy to work with.

A lot of little details that might go unnoticed. The little baby boatsides, how it all ties in to the frame, the tig welded links, lots of slick work. Chris really does killer work and I would recommend him to anyone.

I've got a long weekend ahead of me and will hopefully have some progress pics up next week.

I'm glad you're happy with it Matt, it was fun to build. I can't wait to see it all finished up with the front clip and paint.

Hey Chris, You get any updated pics of this thing with the front clip and skins on it?

Matt lives down in Georgia and I haven't really talked to him much since I finished it. I have seen him post a bunch of pictures on Facebook of it wheeling, maybe he'll chime in and post a few here.

Sent from the MarsFab Off Road mobile response unit.

Well, I wheeled this a few times then blew up my front R&P being an idiot on Los Primos.

The rig then sat for ~5 months while I got drunk at the pool.

I'm now back on it again, finishing up all the thing I did half-assed before, just so I could get on the trail. Additionally, after some thinking, I've decided to install a firewall delete kit. Hopefully in the next couple weeks, I'll be removing what's left of the firewall and floor. Visibility just wasn't what I was looking for and.....I was having a hard time making it "asthetically appealing". The firewall buggy has donned the name...Butterface.

Here are a couple pics of the rig finished "just to get on the trail."

rock2.jpg
rock3.jpg
rock4.jpg
rock.jpg

No problem man. It'll get done in due time.....life's just been getting in the way.

Rig works killer, just need to fine tune some things.

Looks like you've been staying pretty darn busy up there, huh?

It's hit or miss but I'm swamped right now, I can't complain. Make sure you post pics of it all finished up!

Will do.

Might be sending some business your way soon, too.

Well, time to bump this ridiculously old thread.

This thing sat pretty much untouched for a year just like this....

ai.imgur.com_hoYkCXW.jpg

Last edited:
Then I decided to cut the firewall out. I'm not real good at building things, but I can destruct things with the best of 'em. Below is Lee, our spokes-model.

ai.imgur.com_N4Fs00L.jpg

I've recently gotten a new job and that's allowed me to get back to this thing.

Dash and spreader bars have been added.

ai.imgur.com_OAirGix.jpg

An aluminum firewall and floor has been plopped in there too.

ai.imgur.com_k0lvZpK.jpg

We had a solid weekend this past weekend and got some front tube work knocked out. Thanks to Lee for the help and Jeremy for the bender.

ai.imgur.com_z3i2gZO.jpg

ai.imgur.com_eeCVFrN.jpg

ai.imgur.com_bCLIhlH.jpg

ai.imgur.com_VDhrYxP.jpg

ai.imgur.com_yuYZ1QV.jpg

ai.imgur.com_fKcLDuL.jpg

The engine cage has been started. Hopefully get even more knocked out next weekend.

It's been a long time coming, but I'm back at it and will have this thing up and running in the next couple months.

Last edited:
Looking good matt. I'm glad to see you're getting it done. Looks kinda bomber fab. I like it.

Thanks Chris. That's the look we were going for.

I think the "shit all over the place" background that we've got in the garage really brings out the lines.

its really tough to use the "that looks good enough" eye leveling system when the background is piles and piles of shit...but we get by.

there is still a bunch of filler tube to go in there...some of it will follow the bomber lines, some of it will be a little different. The motor is pretty tall and with the frame still there it was tough to get it really far down like the bombers have, so the hood lines will be a little more "bouncer" than a bomber because of motor height. Hopefully we don't make it look like total hammered dog shit.

The "bomber" look eh? Lookin' good!

Back