Yota Firewall Buggy

MarsFab

Will work for money
I had a customer contact me about building his SAS yota into a firewall buggy using a late model Tacoma front clip. We worked everything out and he commenced to cutting the body off the frame except the firewall and cab floor and brought it up from atlanta last weekend for me to get started So this is my take on a firewall buggy. I've seen quite a few, some that I like and some not so much. Originally we were gonna stick with leaf springs in the rear but I just didn't like the way it would look with all the frame hanging out the back. So I convinced Matt to link the rear to give it just a bit more buggy feel.
The plan - Dual tri 4 link rear, 18" fox air shocks, 1.75 .120 dom chassis, The stock frame will be cut off behind the rear of the seats, full belly skid (Matt the owner already raised everything up to almost flat with the bottom of the frame), Corbeau suspension seats and late model Tacoma front clip.
In the last two days I've cut the excess sheet metal off that wouldnt be needed and started slingin some tube on it.

You'll have to excuse the mess in my shop. I've been super busy and haven't had any time to clean up when I get done at 10 o'clock in the evening.

m_022.jpg

m_021.jpg

m_003.jpg

m_004.jpg

m_006.jpg

m_005.jpg

sweeeeet! another marsfab build to subscribe to. you do some awesome work chris!

Bitchin. Can't want to see more updates.

I swear, I feel like a kid on Christmas....

Yea man. It'll really look like something when the stock frame and my 35 gallon drum/hired hand is outta the way.

i think you should some how find a way to attach that bigreddrum right where it is.

matt sucks anyway....not like a bigreddrum is going to affect anything. It'll be like a kickstand. Or a training wheel.

This is EXACTLY what I want to do with my Samurai during the next round of mods. I'll be watching this thread.

Looks good Chris......I am sure Matt will be happy.

So Matt is trying to keep up with you now huh Lee?

i think you should some how find a way to attach that bigreddrum right where it is.
matt sucks anyway....not like a bigreddrum is going to affect anything. It'll be like a kickstand. Or a training wheel.

Lee, please do not make me bring up Choccoloccoa and your amazing buggy gymnastics abilities....on a fire road...doing less than 10mph...

More progress today. Got the frame cut off, mounted the seats, added some more tube and started cutting the OG truss off the rear axle.
m_001.jpg

m_002.jpg

m_010.jpg

m_011.jpg

m_012.jpg

m_013.jpg

Very clean looking. ALways love a back halfed truggy:driver:

Been stuck working in matthews, so I haven't had a chance to get by, but I'm intrigued by that dually... Post up a pic:popcorn:

Looking great Chris, as expected!

Now.....just how much is that red barrel helping you out? You're flying!

Thanks man.. I hope so. Just gotta get my name out there. Maybe you Ga. guys can drop a few words down that way.

Back