Yeti wins against Rtic

91Vf6WHpVfL._SX355_.jpg

If you have fallen into the deep evil world that is 12U or 14U travel softball tourneys...invest in this asap
Folding Sports Wagon & Removable Bed
dude. We're finishing up yr 2 of the 10u/12u cult, of course we've got a wagon like that (actually the dicks version). I've got the process of unloading the suburban and overloading the wagon down to a science.

Feel the pain brother...avoid club volleyball it's worse

Our children are prohibited from playing team sports.

If we can keep one kid from playing travel soccer for a year, we can buy them a RZR and come out ahead.

For those financial reasons, my parents' rule was always 'no club/travel/aau teams'...if you're good enough, the people that matter will find you. Worked out for me, and the US Jr Olympic team just asked my sister to try out for a goalie spot.

For those financial reasons, my parents' rule was always 'no club/travel/aau teams'...if you're good enough, the people that matter will find you. Worked out for me, and the US Jr Olympic team just asked my sister to try out for a goalie spot.

It's not about good enough around here.

Aau/club has literally displaced the rec ball system. There is no rec ball anymore. At our high school and middle school club ball is a written requirement to try out.

In the end they enjoy it and that's the point, but damn I've wasted a bunch of weekends watching kid sports. But I wouldn't trade it for anything because of the opportunity to hang with my kids.

Aau/club has literally displaced the rec ball system. There is no rec ball anymore. At our high school and middle school club ball is a written requirement to try out.

In the end they enjoy it and that's the point, but damn I've wasted a bunch of weekends watching kid sports. But I wouldn't trade it for anything because of the opportunity to hang with my kids.

Private school??? Otherwise I'd like to see that in writing, because I'd bet there's a helluva lawsuit pending if a kid can't even try out for a team unless their parents pay for them to play elsewhere. You're York county right??? Never heard of that with any of the SC players I've played with or been around.

Private school??? Otherwise I'd like to see that in writing, because I'd bet there's a helluva lawsuit pending if a kid can't even try out for a team unless their parents pay for them to play elsewhere. You're York county right??? Never heard of that with any of the SC players I've played with or been around.
Did you play with Jonathan Heffney?

Yes sir at UT...and he played in the NC/SC Shrine Bowl the year before I did.
I figured if you were born in 86 you spent some time with him at UT. I see him at the barber shop a good bit. My barber, ko simpson, and Hef do a flag-football program with a bunch of daycares around here. To keep the thread on track, I'll have to ask what cooler they use. Lol

Nope public school.

Trust me....I feel the same way.
But girls softball and volleyball are very different from boys sports. That rule certainly doesnt carry over to football.
Plus we have a very competitive program, so for example the 7th grade girls softball team had 50 kids try out for 13 roster spots. Even if it isnt an official rule, which it is in the flyer sent home, try to argue that you deserved to not get cut.

We know a parent who inquired about "legality" of it and was told school is a right, acceptance onto a sports team is not.

Nope public school.

Trust me....I feel the same way.
But girls softball and volleyball are very different from boys sports. That rule certainly doesnt carry over to football.
Plus we have a very competitive program, so for example the 7th grade girls softball team had 50 kids try out for 13 roster spots. Even if it isnt an official rule, which it is in the flyer sent home, try to argue that you deserved to not get cut.

We know a parent who inquired about "legality" of it and was told school is a right, acceptance onto a sports team is not.

I won’t further derail the thread after this comment, but that sounds like it’s introducing Title 9 issues too if it’s only required for female sports. Further more, you’re right, making a team isn’t a right, but limiting players to only ones that can afford pay for play just sounds fishy, and in my experience a potentially bad coaching move since a pay for play team can be a team ‘reject players’ that couldn’t hack it anywhere else, but mommy and daddy have money. But I would legitimately like to see this written requirement, because it blows me away, and I couldn’t find anything about it in SC or York County athletic bylaws.

Edit...and yes, I have seen those team fliers/paperwork that recommend a kid plays year round to remain sharp and stay ahead of the competition. My sister has gotten them for soccer, basketball and tennis...but then that goes back to my original comment, if they’re good enough, no one cares. I got the same ‘recommendations’ for basketball and baseball 15 years ago, but they weren’t going to cut a 6’5” 300lb kid that could dunk and hit a baseball 450’. A coach would be a complete idiot to cut a clearly better talent that couldn’t afford a travel team/was busy with other sports in favor of some kid that paid for an additional 100 games of playing time, that couldn’t lick the cleats of the first player.

Last edited:

Aau/club has literally displaced the rec ball system. There is no rec ball anymore.

That's actually what happened in the early 80s here in Raleigh with soccer... parents didn't like the way Raleigh Parks & Rec ran their rec league, so organized and basically asked to take over... CASL was born... and family weekends died on I-40 to Burlington.

Old thread, but with YETI making a dumber business move than Dick's by ticking off the majority of their customer base, I think RITC is going to smoke them now.

If any of you are going to blow up your YETI cooler with tannerite, I'll 'dispose' of it properly for you. ;)

Hate em or not, Yeti is the reason there is a $300 and up cooler market.

Will they hold drinks cold for a day? two days?
that's about all I need most of the time

A Coleman Xtreme performs just as well as a Yeti. The Yeti is lockable, certified bear-proof, and has a gasket to keep dirt out. The Coleman doesn't.

I like Orion better than Yeti tbh.
They are another me too in that space.
Owned by the same company that owns Jackson Kayaks. I went to college with one of the big shots, so Im biased.

I have a Coleman on it now, seems to do pretty good (other than when it gets run into by some friends) Also have to ratchet strap the lid closed to hold the cooler down on it's mount. Some people tend to over tighten the coolr strap and then the lid gets smooshed, and bent outa shape. Was thinking the Ozark yeti type because I could strap it down( by the handle or the handle holes in the cooler) without having to run the strap around my cooler, as it has the two tie downs on it. Get me a FETI sticker on it, beside my NRA sticker, and be done.
Just wondering if it was worth the $80 bucks or not.

A Coleman Xtreme performs just as well as a Yeti. The Yeti is lockable, certified bear-proof, and has a gasket to keep dirt out. The Coleman doesn't.
You forgot the sticker kit :stupid:

ANother option is canyon....they actually make a different product than all the other roto-molded me too's

One of the guys I work with has one strapped to his ladder rack. I think he paid $90 for it...its worth checking out. I may have seen a 55 gallon drum full of oil sat on top of it once for logistic purposes...

Back