What have you done to your rig today?

Finished the WJ knuckle swap and beef links. Now for the 86 E350 master cyl.. I want ALL my pedal back.
20180422_155318.jpg

Routine maintenance on the dd/tow pig - oil & filter change, rotate tires, blah, blah, blah...

I call BS on referring to that as a tow pig. Your damn trailer hasn't moved from it's safe space my barn in 9 months!!!! :D

This redo snowballed and we knew it would. Redoing the headers as the driver side reduced down to a 1x2 cross section. This restriction made the driver side header hotter than the pass side. The old muffler was under the tcase. Moving the muffler to the rear allowed us to drop the case and gain about 4” of droop. Lowering the drivetrain necessitated a new 2” drop in the belly and all new tcase mounts and new X member in the belly and all new skids. It’s eBay headers into 2.5 tubes that merge into a single 3.5” pipe and muffler. New heat shields for everything. The rebuild trans only had 2nd gear. So we swapped governors and valve bodies with a spare stock 400 which fixed the issue.

Another solo transmission install done. It’s amazing how much harder being closer to the ground makes it! Between the creeper and the old school trans jack I got the T5 in there.

View attachment 267807
View attachment 267808

I also gave her a good wash down once I got it down on the ground.

View attachment 267809
View attachment 267810
View attachment 267811
View attachment 267812

Hell you had a trans jack. I did it solo with a trans for a 4 banger s10 for my buddy. Never again. Fawk that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell you had a trans jack. I did it solo with a trans for a 4 banger s10 for my buddy. Never again. Fawk that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to do a clutch in my EX-GF dad's F150 once. Solo, in the gravel.

I smelled like sulfur for days.

Well, my poor dd xj needed a cylinder head.. so I grabbed a spare and had it shaved. Figured I'd put new stem seals in it.. then thought I would lap the valves in, and then figured, why the heck not port it a little bit.. well that ended up starting at 7am and ending at 10pm with a few hour breaks..

Before I started cutting:
IMG_20180613_083122403s.jpg

After about 10-15 minutes on the first one:
IMG_20180613_091302893_HDR_atfirst.jpg

After hours on all the rest and getting into the guide area in one port, decided to cut the rest of them the same.. probably could cut the rest out but I'm ready to be lapping valves and installing the head.. I did go over it once more to finish off the rougher patches just
IMG_20180613_220232990e.jpg

IMG_20180613_220158789e.jpg

I considered building a shop vacuum-based "flow gauge". Decided not to. Would have been interesting to see.

Last edited:
Well, my poor dd xj needed a cylinder head.. so I grabbed a spare and had it shaved. Figured I'd put new stem seals in it.. then thought I would lap the valves in, and then figured, why the heck not port it a little bit.. well that ended up starting at 7am and ending at 10pm with a few hour breaks..

Before I started cutting:
View attachment 270280

After about 10-15 minutes on the first one:
View attachment 270281

After hours on all the rest and getting into the guide area in one port, decided to cut the rest of them the same.. probably could cut the rest out but I'm ready to be lapping valves and installing the head.. I did go over it once more to finish off the rougher patches just
View attachment 270282
View attachment 270283

I considered building a shop vacuum- based "flow

I love it! I spent about 40 hours on my sons YJ stroker. Removed a lot of metal and polished it up. I spent my 60th birthday porting a set of 58 cc , 2.02 intake small block Chevy heads for my burn on propane.

Back