What have you done for your health today?

The Y has been open for 2 weeks now in SC.
Back to killin myself.
Feels good

Did a hotel workout since I'm back on the road/ 25 min, ever minute on the minute. Almost made it 3 rounds
d2f37dce36b68343aefce44f5b4b43d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yesterdays workout was some strict press sets. 3x3 at 70%, 80%, 90% of our 90% max. Then we did a quick little burner of 21-15-9 of OHS and pushups with 3 burpees every minute.

Today's strength will be sets of deadlift following the same format. Todays workout will be some sort of chipper style workout. Still figuring out what to do but thats part of the fun

Yesterdays workout was some strict press sets. 3x3 at 70%, 80%, 90% of our 90% max. Then we did a quick little burner of 21-15-9 of OHS and pushups with 3 burpees every minute.

Today's strength will be sets of deadlift following the same format. Todays workout will be some sort of chipper style workout. Still figuring out what to do but thats part of the fun

Literally, I think burpees is the only word in all of this that my brain can identify.

Me and the wife are in West Jefferson for the weekend and decided to hike the trails at Mt. Jefferson and at New River State Park. The cicadas at New River were deafening. Lol
20200606_112842.jpg
20200606_141526.jpg
20200606_114329.jpg

Last edited:
Elevation is for wusses.
Screenshot_20200607-085710_Strava.jpg

The other day I had another basil cell removed.Previously they were cut out and stitched or Mohs. This one was shaved and burnt a few times, took 2 mins.Good news is they didnt find anything else!
20200607_214138.jpg

If you have a scab/small wound that won't heal its probly a cancer.

Last edited:
I'm going to try and log my activity here every day again like I used to.

This morning I put four 10 lbs plates in my hiking backpack, and walked up and down the steps I built into the hill behind our house for 40 minutes.

Been consistent in the home gym with the wife and another couple. I program MWF and my buddy does T/TH. Its been working out well. We are following the Wendler 5/3/1 strength program and working on other lifts on Monday. I PRed my deadlift at 365 yesterday and I have some more left, plus my back feels great this morning.

Yesterday we did the following:

3 rounds
200m run
15 Russian Twists with 20lb medball
10 Med ball cleans
5 Toes to bar

Shoulder is finally feeling a lot better. I had two small tears in my bicep that wouldn't let me go overhead for the last 4-5 months. Can finally get some heavy weight overhead without any discomfort.

Really glad we made the switch to a home gym. Just sucks that everywhere is sold out and secondary market is insane right now.. Only bad thing about the garage gym is the humidity right now.

I'm thinking about building a power rack with pull down attachment. I'm still working from home, but I bet as cautious as my work is being over CV, that they will not reopen the gym for a long time.

Only bad thing about the garage gym is the humidity right now.

TRUTH!!! I have a box fan in the window, and a chair placed right in front of it to sit in between sets, LOL.

I was hiking up that hill VERY early this morning at first light, and the humidity was awful. I looked like I had jumped in a swimming pool after 40 minutes of hiking up and down that hill at 6:45am.

I might have to consider buying a window A/C unit for my garage. I've got two 220V outlets out there, so I could get a good sized unit that would really make a difference.

@drkelly no kidding. IM lucky that my garage is in my basement and it stays pretty cool. However, I have to open the door because I don't have enough room with the Willys in the way. It was very cloudy yesterday and we were thinking to do the workout first to beat the rain. That didn't work and the humidity was insane during the workout.

Once I get the willys moved out I'm going to get a better fan than the small one we have currently to push the air around.

@drkelly no kidding. IM lucky that my garage is in my basement and it stays pretty cool. However, I have to open the door because I don't have enough room with the Willys in the way. It was very cloudy yesterday and we were thinking to do the workout first to beat the rain. That didn't work and the humidity was insane during the workout.

Once I get the willys moved out I'm going to get a better fan than the small one we have currently to push the air around.
Can't you just push the Willys out and back in as part of your workout? :D

Since the 'school year' ended, and summer started two weeks ago, I've been driving my son over to my in-laws during my lunch hour so he can swim in their pool. That has caused me to need switch my workout time to before work. I'm still working from home, and won't be surprised if it continues into the fall.

I'm still only working 4 days/wk, so am off today and had more time for a longer workout session.

Today's workout (Shoulders):
- 6 sets of seated dumbbell OHP
- 5 sets of rear delt raises with dumbbells
- 5 sets of side delt raises with dumbbells
- 5 sets of front raises across the torso with dumbbells

I've been clean bulking for the past few months and am up to 207 lbs and feeling great.

Diet has consisted mainly of the following which has been mostly the same for years now but with increased amounts over the past few months:
- oatmeal
- egg whites
- eggs
- OJ
- Chicken/turkey
- avacados
- greek yogurt
- sweet potatoes

Last edited:
Starting Intermittent fasting today. We will see how it goes. No food from 9pm-1pm. So 16hr of fasting/8hr of eating. I will still continue to hit my macros in that 8hr period. Some friends have had great success with it so Ill give it a shot.

Yesterdays workout was bench press 1x5 @ 75%, 1x3 @ 85% and 1x1 @95%. Worked up to 215lbs and it felt good. Finally starting to see some strength return which is nice.

The workout was a 10m AMRAP of: 100m wallball run, 10 jumping air squats with wallball, 10 situps with wallball, 10 wallballs. Got into the 5th round on it and it was a good leg/lung burner.

Today's workout is backsquat following the same percentages as bench. Should be fun and heavy.

Still have to figure out what the workout is though, I'm leaning towards something that keeps the heartrate moderately high for a longer period of time.

@YJJPWrangler I have been doing intermittent fasting on and off for maintenance for a while now, In my research for weight loss 18 hours seems to be the magic number, i.e. a 6 hour eating window. YMMV, but that held true for me.

What happened there?

Rode the extension ladder down the side of the house got a big gash in my shin.Doc said it's gonna take a long time to heal cause theres not alot of blood flow between the skin and bone.I still dont know what cut it but I think my leg went through the rungs as the ladder hit the ground.Knee hurts too, think it bent foreward and my calf is stiff.

Yall feel free to flame meo_O
@RatLabGuy

Last edited:
Back