What have you done for your health today?

Congrats on that show of willpower! I had my own test yesterday. I went to the gym at lunchtime and came back to work to eat my grilled chicken breast & cottage cheese that I brought from home. A bunch of guys at work went in on a few pizzas and they were trying to pawn off the leftovers. I was tested but realized all my good work at the gym could easily be for nothing if I scarfed down a couple, 3 pieces from those pies.

Yup. I had a business acquaintance want to go to my favorite restaurant last week, Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack. I couldn't do it.
There will be a time where I can, but I know myself well enough to know I have to stick to boundaries I establish for myself.

It’s sometimes ok to divulge in some of those things but in moderation. :)
For me, I use whipped light cream cheese and spread it thin. Gives me what I want with being reasonably healthier.

They spread it thick. I don't want to look like a Nancy and ask them to hold 90% of the goodness.

27 degrees this morning didn’t stop 19 of us (including 1 new guy) from showing up to make ourselves stronger, healthier, better. Here’s how it went down:
Birthday Bash – F3 MeCa

Some of these F3 workouts, like today’s, can definitely bring the suck from 05:30 until 06:15, but at 06:16, I am in such a great mood. It really starts my day off on the right track.

I'm a big fan of whey/casein protein. I generally take whey/creatine mix right after the gym as it allows me to jumpstart my recovery plus get in some much needed protein immediately after working out. I'll then go home and cook dinner with more protein/carbs/veggies/healthy fats. I do 25grams of casein right before bed. Before I started casein, it would take literally hours to fall asleep, now I'm asleep within minutes and my recovery time between workouts is markedly improved. Protein powders/shakes have their place but should not be substituted for good, clean eating practices.

You may already know this, but greek yogurt is a good source of casein protein. I usually eat one right before bed.

You may already know this, but greek yogurt is a good source of casein protein. I usually eat one right before bed.

The wife will usually make with berries/granola after dinner. I'll have one now and then as well. It's a great substitute for protein powders.

0116191128.jpg
This would normally be meal three on the day. But working at things I'm interested in and not riding an hour snacking the whole time has kicked that some. Breakfast was a poptart and coffee though.

Last night was tough. The director of our group is leaving and they had a big blowout dinner in Uptown Charlotte, paid for. I was asked 4-5 times if I wanted a drink and given unlimited options on the menu. I settled for water and an asian chicken salad. It was a really, really good feeling to leave the dinner and not feel miserable on the ride home from overeating. And it was nice to see that the scale went down this morning even though I had to skip the gym yesterday.

Yup. I had a business acquaintance want to go to my favorite restaurant last week, Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack. I couldn't do it.
There will be a time where I can, but I know myself well enough to know I have to stick to boundaries I establish for myself.

We went to Rocky’s Sunday. Had 2 grilled tenders and collard greens as a side. Feel like I did really well considering the temptation that place offers!

Today's workout was 8 sets of flat barbell bench, 4 sets of incline bench dumbbells, 4 sets of flys on the pec deck, 4 sets of triceps on the machine, and 3 sets of standing french press with a dumbbell.

Y'all and this damn thread...

I could've eaten CFA two hours ago on the way between stops. Instead, I came home and took the dogs for a long walk and now I'm making a green smoothie (green super smoothie plus oatmeal, blackberries, and whole milk plain yogurt) and some Jocko tea.

Y'all and this damn thread...

I could've eaten CFA two hours ago on the way between stops. Instead, I came home and took the dogs for a long walk and now I'm making a green smoothie (green super smoothie plus oatmeal, blackberries, and whole milk plain yogurt) and some Jocko tea.

Aint it a bitch having friends that care about ya?

Breakfast: bowl of sugar with kids. I was out of it and totally forgot about healthy this morning. oops.
Lunch: catfood can of tuna with diet mayo, pickle relish, some Pete, and black pepper on diet wheat thins. Greek strawberry yogurt for dessert. I think that's about 350-400 cal and maybe 23 g protein. Bleh.
Exercise: sitting on ass typing so far today. Will do some bball with the kiddos later probably.

Baby steps. lol

230 lbs

2nd time at F3 this morning. FAWWWWWKK my body hurts so damn bad! My push-ups (i.e., merkins) were absolutely pathetic today after Tuesday's workout. Nevertheless, gets me up and moving early and I'm with @VortecJeep, at 6:16am I'm feeling good about the day ahead.

Side note, everybody gets an alternative name in F3. After telling everybody I heard of F3 through this site (not entirely true as I was familiar with it before but let's just go w/ it), half-ass explaining what this site is all about and THEN telling these bastards I was a Toyota guy...I'm now dubbed "Wrangler". :shaking: :flipoff2:

Today's workout was 25 minutes on the elliptical machine, and 3 sets of mid-grip pull-ups superset with 3 sets of leg presses.

My workout has been: walked the dogs this am before work, pulling orders all day while my yard manager is in Charlotte.
Tonight I'll be moving a 14 Bolt around for @BigSouth
This equates to shoulders, chest and bicepts day I guess

Anything to do with moving a 14 bolt around by yourself I consider a heavy workout.

All day today and tomorrow at Gaston College doing annual fire brigade and hazmat practicals. Nothing like humping fire hose in 65 pounds of gear to get the heart rate up.

Back