uwharrie april 4,5&6

I will be there in a orange samurai with 33's with a red YJ. I live in Troy so I am taking off work early tomorrow to try some trails.

i should be there
ai54.photobucket.com_albums_g117_redneckcoplure_101_0088.jpg

dont know if ill run the tube doors or not. depends on the weather
ai54.photobucket.com_albums_g117_redneckcoplure_0623071650b.jpg

I'll be a Badin Lake CG Friday in the AM and staying through Sunday. I'll be out on the trails most of the day Friday. I'll be on CH3 and if anyone wants to join up with us let me know. So far we're just a group of two for Friday during the day with more coming later.

I might be heading down friday night by myself to find a camp spot on the trails. The rest of my group cant get there till sat morning. So if anyone is riding around at night and sees my silver frontier stop by and have a refreshment with me.

We couldn't wait!!!! It was so nice outside today, we rode out there and took a quick lap around Rocky Mount Loop. It was MUDDY!!!!! I have never seen the whole trail as one soppy mess. It was lot's of fun!!! Here's a pic. We'll be out there again saturday morning at the latest ;)

BTW, it was so muddy I started getting a little nervous since I had never been out on the thornbirds and everyone talks about how crappy they are. Well, I went counterclockwise around Rocky Mount with no problems. I was really suprised with how well they did. I did not have to stop or back up due to lack of traction even once, and I really didn't hit the hills with much speed. I'm no professional mud bogger, but for a street/trail tire they did just fine, not near as bad as everyone made them out to be. If I had any complaints at all it would be that the huge side lugs throw tennis ball chunks of mud EVERYWHERE! When they wear out I'm getting swampers, but for an ebay barely used deal I'm pretty happy with them.

Flame suit ON!!!! :D

muddy.JPG

I might be heading down friday night by myself to find a camp spot on the trails. The rest of my group cant get there till sat morning. So if anyone is riding around at night and sees my silver frontier stop by and have a refreshment with me.

if i can fix my axle friday afternoon, ill be there friday night. what time do you think you'll get there? And im def. game for refreshments:beer:

It will probably be 9:30 or 10ish if I go friday. I dont get off work till 7 and I will have to swing by the house to load the truck. We will be grilling some hotdogs around the fire sat night and your welcome to come hang out then too. There is probably only gona be 5 or 6 of us in my group.

I will be there Sat. morning around 9am at the Eldorado to meet 2 or 3 friends if anyone wants to join us. I will be in my choptop Chero.

For anyone who was curious, Falls Dam was back open. There's a few new cleared off areas and it's more of a road than a trail in a few places. We went again tonight. It's amazing how much the trails dried out in one day. It was nowhere near as muddy as yesterday, but it's supposed to rain saturday. :D

Here's a few poser pics of the jeep along with some video links at the bottom. I just uploaded the vids so they may not be ready to view for an hour or two. This was the first time I took the time to find somewhere to try to flex the new suspension out to see how well everything works together. I was very happy with everything, the amount of flex vs wheel well cutout size vs tire size all worked out very nice. I really don't need any more lift, tire, or trimming to run everything as it sits which is nice.

Here's the jeep flexed out:

82586496-newjeep6.JPG

newjeep7.JPG

Hill climb on Dutch John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY1hBF-HobE

Mud and water in the "soup bowl" on Falls Dam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRjv-ZJxf94

Have you seen the weatherit is going to be crazy rainy. I'm just coming down Saturday for a day trip. I think I'm not going to sleep in the water...They are calling for up to 2" of rain today and 1" on Saturday...Muddy mess = muddy fun. I just dread the clean up.

Have you seen the weatherit is going to be crazy rainy. I'm just coming down Saturday for a day trip. I think I'm not going to sleep in the water...They are calling for up to 2" of rain today and 1" on Saturday...Muddy mess = muddy fun. I just dread the clean up.

Yesterdays forecast for troy was 40% chance of rain friday, 30% chance of rain saturday, and partly cloudy on sunday. I will check again later.

Today: Overcast with rain showers at times. High 61F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Tonight: Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. Low 58F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy...isolated thunderstorms developing during the afternoon. High 79F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Tomorrow night: A widely scattered shower or thunderstorm is possible early. Then cloudy skies overnight. Low 66F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 50s.
Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the mid 50s.
Monday: Few showers. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s.

if the weather is crappy I probably won't stay all weekend. I talked to rollota yesterday (rode my bike all the way from Fort Bragg to Rockwell then to Quaker Steak in Concord for Bike Night) and we're just gonna play it by ear and see how the weather goes. there's gonna be so many people there...I'm almost tempted to not take the Jeep through just to save a little room on the trails

Damn, thats not looking good. I might get some body damage if the trails are that slick. Im heading down there tomorrow night so hopefully it wont be raining while Im setting camp up. Im gona have to find a way to keep the wood dry too.

Back