URE Oct 27?

I doubt I'll make it found the fram starting to crack at the steering box.

I doubt I'll make it found the fram starting to crack at the steering box.

ripped my frame last weekend at URE... finally fixed it all up last night. funny how those steering boxes tear up frames lately :poop:

If you see the blue heep or black dodge towing it, let me know who you are.
aimg88.imageshack.us_img88_5386_1026071328mo1.jpg

It's been raining steady for the last half hour. Could be a good night run. Sun is supposed to shine tomorrow... I think it will be a nice day on the trails. No dust... a bit slippery in spots... and did I mention no dust? Great day to be in the Uwharries.

mine isnt ready. but its close. hopefully i can get down there . if not , have a blast.

I wussed out on camping. Tent camping in the rain sucks. See you guys tomorrow morning.

it's 9:45 friday night... the hydro asist is in (who knows if it's working right) and i'm headed that way.....

i hear it's been raining like crazy... can't wait!

should be getting there by about 3am

-Erik <--- bringing new meaning to DAILY DRIVEN WEEKEND WARRIOR!

its supposed to stop raining in the am and be sunny all saturday.. should make for a great weekend.. hopefully we'll see ya up there erik.. that'll be two weekends in a row. ( last weekend i was with matt and lee.. black tj and red tubed yota.)

only carnage was a hub! crappy mile marker.....

i tried kodak but without a trailer to get me back to wilmington i gave up after a couple tries (no traction + front axle is still wrapping too much).....

the hydro assist still needs to be bled... i can feel air in the lines every now and then... but i have to say..... AWESOME IMPROVEMENT..... i don't know how i lived without it so long.

I think you were up at the top of kodak when we got there.

I enjoyed playing around on the bottom part of kodak better than kodak itself. The little bit of mud that was left make it fun.

I didn't see any of you guys there. We started around 9:30 and did the kodak trail first.

Did anyone go up the hill climb at Dutch John? We went down it, but I doubt I could have made it back up.

I've never wheeled in mud, it was tough.

we started off on danial at around 10. came across a flopped rubi where it splits into the three trails. i stopped and offered up my winchin services to help him out. got him straight and on solid ground. found out his motor was seized. that group had a rough day i'm sure. then while we were eating lunch at the top we watched a cj-5 flop coming up the bypass.. it was pretty muddy and sloppy out there.. i had a pretty good time.

I didn't see any of you guys there. We started around 9:30 and did the kodak trail first.
Did anyone go up the hill climb at Dutch John? We went down it, but I doubt I could have made it back up.
I've never wheeled in mud, it was tough.

i did :flipoff2:

i crawled up it until the right curve when i started slipping on the rocks..... put it in 2nd and put the hammer down. the almost bald boggers grabbed and i went right up to the top, hehe

-Erik

PS- boggers rule

we started off on danial at around 10. came across a flopped rubi where it splits into the three trails. i stopped and offered up my winchin services to help him out. got him straight and on solid ground. found out his motor was seized. that group had a rough day i'm sure. then while we were eating lunch at the top we watched a cj-5 flop coming up the bypass.. it was pretty muddy and sloppy out there.. i had a pretty good time.

Thanks for the help on Daniel. Once we got him to the top, it wasn't too bad to get him to the parking lot.

hey who was the guy with the yellow cj7 with the small block, air shocks, etc... ? real nice guy... said he was from raleigh i think? just curious if he was on this forum.....

Thanks for the help on Daniel. Once we got him to the top, it wasn't too bad to get him to the parking lot.

thats good to hear.. what was the final diagnosis on the motor?

erik: idk who that guy was but he was part of the same group that had the cj-5 flop on danial.. really nice guy, helped grant out with a pull. o and i think it was a cj-8 with some sexy body work and a wheelbase stretch

I'm going to be talking to my boss on Thursday about his engine, glad to hear he made it home safe.

I did get a few pics too.
96378.jpg

96380.jpg

96381.jpg

96385.jpg

My wife and I had just got to the top of Daniel from Rocky Mount side when we heard him land on his side.
We went up the next day and my friend Davids dad was out with us for the first time with his just acquired 95 YJ that I installed a 4" lift and 35's on and he almost flopped it in the same spot. David and I had no problems going up in our XJ's mine with 6" of lift and 35's his with 4.5" and 31's.

Aside from the engine damage, I haven't seen a flop such little body damage. Shows how soft and sloppy it was out there.

I'm going to be talking to my boss on Thursday about his engine, glad to hear he made it home safe.

It would be great if you could help him work something out...

Like JPH said, we did get him off the trails, strapped between two jeeps. It was much easier than we expected. Luckily another club member was able to let him use his trailer to get him home.

Video of Jeff White pulling him back onto all 4s.

ai71.photobucket.com_albums_i135_sff5758_Fall_20Fling_202007_th_S6300176.jpg

Cool vid.

I guess I better get my Jeep off the trailer and un-load my gear from the bed of my Ram.

One of these days I'm going to make it over Kodiak Rock
96358.jpg

Cool vid.
I guess I better get my Jeep off the trailer and un-load my gear from the bed of my Ram.
One of these days I'm going to make it over Kodiak Rock
96358.jpg
Um, that isn't Kodak.... Kodak is the one before that one.

Back