UPNOVER II

Looks good. . .

Why didn't you come to the Flats? There was a few trail jammers there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Really looks killer man.

Next time you have the wheels off, paint those hubs to match damnit. :flipoff2: Tires and wheels look great!!

dirt, from rolling them around in the garage, then onto the truck, and off, through the yard, dropping them twice(heavy) and them getting them up on the jeep. Leslie told me when I drove into the drive a while ago I needed some tire shine!

So what you are saying is similar wear to your old tires.... :D:D:D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dirt, from rolling them around in the garage, then onto the truck, and off, through the yard, dropping them twice(heavy) and them getting them up on the jeep. Leslie told me when I drove into the drive a while ago I needed some tire shine!

Steve and I would put down a tarp, plywood or something to prevent that happening! I just can't believe you already got them dirty :driver:

Figured I’d dig this up for you since, apparently, it needs updating.

Well, yeah. A lot has changed. This may be long.
First, the wrangler decals are gone It now has UPNOVERII on the hood.
The Jeep is no longer dentless, it has a few dents on the cowl(about the only place it didn't have armor)
The third seat is gone, as well as the fenderwell tool boxes. Went through a few transformations, but I am pretty happy with what I have now. The fuel cell has been changed, twice. The aluminum RCI tank cracked at the seams and was replaced by another tank from RCI(bladder tank inside a steal case) That one didn't hold up either. The one I have now came out of my friend @Paul old Jeep, Badass. It's larger 25-26 gallon tank made from 3/16 aluminum, with a bottom sump. Some adjustments had to be made so I didn't hit my head on the cage so often. A new anti-wrap bar was made by
@BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC. Since then no issues on that part.(broke the old traction bar multiple times)
A few things have plagued me since this Jeep was built. Axles. I think I depleted most of the supply of inner and outer stock shafts in NC, and beyond. The passenger side of a Chevy 60 has only one axle U-bolt, and 2 studs. Let's just say, I have gotten pretty good at getting the broke studs out.
Dana 60 U-joints, well, there have been many!
Oh less we forget, drive shafts. Most of the failures have been of my own creations. It now has store bought shafts, rear from Olivers and the front, from I am not sure where, but, I didn't make it! LOL
The tires I had got from Rides, well, they have took a beating, and had their time. But were getting pretty worn. This last go around of failures at AOP, and, me following around behind @jeconn and @mcutler I came home, thought about it a while and made some changes. A bought a new set of 43SX stickies, new Reid Racing knuckles, New Chromo's inner and outer with super joints, New axle U-bolts, warrantied the BDS leafs up front, and bought a barely used set of ECGS drive flanges(so if I did need to pull a slug, I could re-install the cover). New Spring and shackle bushings, and had @ol'Jeeps put in a heavier duty set of Mudpro rear spring mounts. Oh and before the tires hit the ground at AOP, with the help of a friend, we rebuilt the king-pins, with Yukon kits from ECGS.
With all of this completed, there was nothing left to do but to test it out. This opportunity came this past weekend at the SHOP. I was pleased. Maybe, overly pleased. The front end wasn't rattling from loose and wornout everything, but more so those Stickies................WOW those things sure do hook up! Even on dirt, the do it! I was worried about the wear and chunking, but, so far, seems the set up is more condusive to my crawling driving style. I was able to crawl Pebble Playground in my Low low gear range(10.33 in T-case) 600 RPM's, from bottom to the top!
What's next? Dunno, maybe linking it? it's possible

Rig looked good at the SHOP. Would have been nice to complete the test run and make the trip all the way up carnage... but I guess for a test run, the lower half would suffice. I can't really talk though, my test run ended early with issues, lol.

Rig looked good at the SHOP. Would have been nice to complete the test run and make the trip all the way up carnage... but I guess for a test run, the lower half would suffice. I can't really talk though, my test run ended early with issues, lol.

The leader of our group didn't wanna get into the slop. Plus we had a rig loose steering. Got him back, picked up the occupants and went on wheeling.
Maybe next time!?

Yeah it was a bit sloppy up top. I was wondering what happened to his rig when we saw him just sitting there, but then saw him wrestling the wheel so figured it was something steering related.

I spoke with you for a bit at the bottom of the pebble playground, (exo-ed ranger on 60s) before my buddy got hung blew a stub and hub in the white MJ.

The leader of our group didn't wanna get into the slop. Plus we had a rig loose steering. Got him back, picked up the occupants and went on wheeling.
Maybe next time!?

Always sloppy up there. Good choice!

Back