UPNOVER II

:popcorn:i guess jeeps are hard work
ai284.photobucket.com_albums_ll35_novacayne75_Mobile_20Uploads_0425111739.jpg

:shaking:busted:lol:

Been burning the candle at both ends. But off now for a week!
Everything has been snow ball effect.
Rear shocks had to be brought inside the frame, and tilted in because no room outside with the 44's. That made the traction bar too close, so it had to be modified.
Matt used a double ended ram. I am using a single, several things had to be modified to make that work. Still not 100% sure it will. We'll see.
Today: Make drive shafts
Finish Skid
Mount traction bar
put in last shifter
Finish back brakes and bleed
install drive shafts

Wednesday morning:
Take Jeep to Larry Eller at Larry's Muffler shop for new exhaust
Go to Flats and test

If all goes well, headed to Windrock this weekend.

Looks great man!I have always liked that jeep! I have mine about done for now.I will Definantly be at the invite,ready to rock.

Nothing fell off, yet LOL
Took to Larry's Muffler Shop and it now has a nice low tone compliments of a totally new exhaust except for the re-used flow master.
Brakes are still an issue. Put all new calipers all the way around, and new pads. Anyone who has put 15" wheels in a Dana 60 knows what that means. LOTS of grinding!
As of this writing my wrists and hands feel like they might fall off! Bled the brakes several times, still not much at all. Gonna hit them again today.

UPNOVER II is all but completed for this phase. At least for the major stuff.
Big thanks to all who have helped make this come together in a short period of time.
First would be to Matt Cutler. The original builder of this Jeep. Matt got the axles and engine back in the Jeep so it was movable again.
Chris Ellis who took on the job of putting it back together. Many late nights and early mornings. Lots of small custom stuff to make it all work.
Hans for putting my two harnesses together to make them act as one.
David Minton for allowing me to use his shop at will. I took a trunk load of drive shaft parts down to Davids Tuesday and between him working on CV joints, and me welding and re tubing, I walked away with not just two, but two fronts and two rears for spares.
Then again yesterday, allowing me to make use of one of his bays (tech was on vacation) to replace all the calipers and pads, grinding the one ton's to accept 15" wheels. He even took over when my wrists and hands were giving out. Helping me with bleeding brakes. A true friend indeed!
Larry's Muffler shop up in Taylorsville. I called up there on Monday and made an appointment for 9 Wednesday. Woke up late because of a late night early morning at Chris's finishing up. I called and he said no problem. Bring it. Larry made a custom exhaust that works for the wheeling side of things. Nothing hanging below the frame, and it looks and sounds great! All this at a VERY reasonable price. Hard to beat those Bogger boys! And can't forget Larry's Mom, she is an awesome lady who will keep you on your toes with her wit and humor!
And lastly, my wife Leslie. She has put up with me talking nothing but jeep for years, and even more so the last few months. And even more the last couple of weeks. In the last two weeks I have worked my job, and slept a little. Been on the road getting parts and supply's for the Jeep. Many miles on the Oldsmobile. I have spent too much money, and way too much time away from home. It's hard to top a wife that will put up with all that. I guess I owe her big time!
OH and not to forget our three dogs, Semi, Sophie, and Jake, who even though I have for the most part been a stranger, have always greeted me every time I came home with wagging tails.
Thanks to all for your help and understanding.

Looks great Chip. I know you can't wait to wheel it!

it's been a week i wont forget! now i need another vacation to get over it.
Chip thanks for giving me the opportunity to work on it and their is no way we could have made it happen in such a short amount of time without Hans (HCJ73) taking care of the electrical :beer:

Back from Windrock, with great news!
UPNOVER II done all that was asked. Yeah I did winch on trail 23 three times, but all in all, no issues other than what I left with. Lost a ram pin, found it and put it back in. Lost a shock nut, but it didn't come out. Found one more loose nut(other than the one driving) So as far as I know that's it.
I absolutely loved the full hydro steering. I really liked the Auto trans. So much smoother and easier. I was kinda skeered with the wheel base being shorter than what I was accustomed to, but it worked great. If you have ever descended trail 23 then you know what I mean about wheelbase. It worked out good. Steering was a concern, but it worked great, turned tight, only did a front dig a couple times.
Brakes was a big concern. I replaced all calipers and pads the day before we left. Still not too good of a pedal. But,... I have brakes the first pump and even better pedal the second. Never once did they fail to slow me down or stop me. This Jeep has a booster, and I am not used to that in a rig, so that may be part of the feeling I have of not too good of brakes. I guess I should say not too good of pedal, because I have good brakes.
So, am I pleased, yes! To think in 8 days from when I dropped it off at Chris's house, to going wheelin, I am ecstatic!

I just showed Mason the pics of your new jeep and he said man that's nice what model is it. I just laughed. Glad you had a good maiden voyage. Sounds like ya'll had fun. Wish I could've been there.

Here's a few pics of what it looked like when I got back from Windrock. Notice the grass hasn't been mowed, LOL not enough hours for mowing, working on Jeep working, and sleeping at a friends garage

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Just so everyone knows, I went to the car wash when we got back to wash my Jeep before heading to the house and had to wait in line.....Behind Chip!!:flipoff2: Not sure how much raggin I have gotten in the past for having a "clean" jeep.....I hollered at Chip, what you doing washing your Jeep, I thought you did not do that. All he said was, new Jeep. Priceless! :lol:

Oh and his Jeep was awesome on the trail with no issues. I could tell he like his radio too :driver:

Back