UPNOVER II

In My best Fog Horn Leg Horn Voice: Boy , I say Boy! Now why do you wanna go and tell everyone my horsepower secrets?!

Leslie and I did a little spiffing up on UPNOVER II this morning. Still had Harlan muck on it!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Purdy Jeep!

UPDATE!
I have been running 44 TSL's for a long time. Today that ended. As of now, UPNOVER II sits on four Jack stands. Tires and wheels went north to Abington VA. Next up, something I have NEVER had since I got into wheeling, some 33 years and counting.....A New set of tires!
I have chosen to go with the 43X17 TSL SX's. Brandon at Rides of Conover is taking care of me with that order.
I also got a set of beadlocks from my friend Braxton357. Not sure yet if i will keep the outer rings as shown, may cut them down to just a simple beadlock like I had before.
Here are some borrowed pics. The tires are shown here by my friends Matt(original builder of my Jeep) and Carter, best entertainment shotgunner out there! These the tires Matt has on his copper crawler.

IMG_20110718_004714.jpg

lsswap001.jpg

You're going to love the SXs!

No Stickies, unless I get lucky lol
I had the wider bands on the set I had before, but they coned like crazy. When I had them cut down to match the inner bead, I flipped them and added the coning ring. Then no problems

Jeeps looking good man. Even on jackstands.

Well, I didn't get them on the Jeep, but they are put together and on the hauler to go on!
Big Thanks to Brandon at Rides of Conover! Brandon knew I was needing these for a ride and when he found out that they were going to be late getting here, he sent is lovely bride out to meet the truck in Statesville to get them to Conover as soon as possible.
You never have too many good friends. My friend 3dCrawler allowed me to use his shop at home this past week to weld the rings. They were already welded, but I wanted them welded, a lil bit more. Rain and work kept me from getting them painted and ready for the tires. Friday come and I was still without paint. I spent the first part of the day acquiring the paint, valve stems and so on to get them put together. 3DCrawler offered me use of his business shop to get them painted and put together.
Another good friend offered up his help. Who was I to turn down experienced help! Chris(novacaine) and his lovely wife Tanya came down to give me a hand. By the time they arrived, I had them painted, but no tires. So Chris took me down to Rides to pick them up. We had left the wheels and rings drying with a fan blowing on them, but they were still tacky. So we did what everyone else would do, we left and went and eat some Pizza. Not to take this post somewhere other than intended, but if ever in Granite Falls and want some good Pizza, I recommend Frankie's Pizza in the Wal-Mart shopping center. The Pizza was nearly as large as the table, and delicious!
After we got back to the shop, the paint was cured(enough) and the fun began.
Anyone who has put together beadlocks before knows it's not easy and it doesn't go fast. The first was a bear, but the rest went pretty smooth, once we discovered David had a tire spoon!
Chris, Tanya and I all worked to get them together. Tanya holds a mean wrench!
Got them together and loaded on the truck shortly before 11pm.
here's a few pics, sorry for lack there of, but I always forget to take as many as I should.

Photo044.jpg

Photo045.jpg

Photo046.jpg

Photo047.jpg

Photo048.jpg

Looks good Chip...... you need to hit Brad up for some armorall.... :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Looks Awesome Chip!!! You ready to Rock N Roll now...well hopefully not Rollover...:huggy:

Well the plan was to go down to Vale today at some private land with BDB. Got all this done, went into wake Leslie up, laid down beside her, and then woke up several hours later. No wheelin today:(

Those tires look awesome. The Jeep looks great too. I can't believe you fell asleep and missed a wheeling trip, lol!

Back