"TOYS for ROCKS" toyrun aug 8th Callalantee

Hey Chris, be sure to round up the Isuzu troops round the cabin.
I'm sure some of us will go.
I haven't night wheeled up there yet.

Been in the snow but not at night up there.

Hey Chris, be sure to round up the Isuzu troops round the cabin.
I'm sure some of us will go.
I haven't night wheeled up there yet.
Been in the snow but not at night up there.
sounds great. i have a great route saved on gps from my last night ride. its not anything difficult just a few hillclimbs and up to the tower then back to camp last time it was about a 2 hr ride im sure i can add some more to it if i had some help from a local i have been their many times and still havent riden half the trails.

Novacayne that sounds like a great idea.........1 week left,and we still gotta buy our toys:lol:

c-ya all there:beer::beer:

coming up for the day sat and want to ride, not wait behind a big group. anybody else going to be there that wants to TRY and cover the whole park in a day (maybe some stuff twice? Its possible, with a good small group of rigs. when I go, I usually run pretty quick, makes the whole place fun.
Im hoping Dylan is bringin his rig- hint hint

Welp, didn't get the 9" swapped in so I'll be rocking the 'ol 30/35 combo. :( I finished up some other little things on the WJ today though so I'm coming up for the day Saturday. I've never been to Mt. City before. Are there going to be different groups doing different difficulty levels or what? What time in the morning should I try to get up there by?

coming up for the day sat and want to ride, not wait behind a big group. anybody else going to be there that wants to TRY and cover the whole park in a day (maybe some stuff twice? Its possible, with a good small group of rigs. when I go, I usually run pretty quick, makes the whole place fun.
Good luck on this. I was there last year and it was a traffic jam from hell EVERYWHERE!!! So I'm making a trip to Harlan next weekend to try some new grounds. It is the scheduled monthly ride for the CTB or I'd probably be in Mt city. Ya'll have fun.

I'd like to bring my rig...anyone wanna tow it?..lol
I am going to try to pick up the ECORS VIP XJ , so folks can see it. I would love to bring mine too though!
Good luck on this. I was there last year and it was a traffic jam from hell EVERYWHERE!!! So I'm making a trip to Harlan next weekend to try some new grounds. It is the scheduled monthly ride for the CTB or I'd probably be in Mt city. Ya'll have fun.
Have a good one!:driver:

road up dates for folks that haven't been up here in awhile.

421 from boone is the same no changes.

91 from damascus has changed since they opened up the bypass:shaking: if you miss the left turn at the gas station in silversprings (new construction it's about 5 lanes wide now)
for a few hundred yards in front of the gas station,
the bypass just takes you into mountaincity where 421/67 meet at the drug store and exxon.

67 from hampton now is a pita,the butler bridge is one lane(long bridge across lake) it is plenty wide so no issues with width,just be prepared to stop at the redlight it's a 3min or so wait.

Hope to see you all up there.

I am leaving Morganton around 8 am to head up for the day. I will see how many locals head up from here, I hope to get a good bit of them to go.

Anyone leaving for a mid morning run? I should be one the trail by 11 am. I plan on heading home at the end of the day. I will have the wife and kids so nothing too extreme.

I plan on packing lunch for the Family, What is there from Dinner in the area? Is there some where close to grab something on the way out?

I am leaving Morganton around 8 am to head up for the day. I will see how many locals head up from here, I hope to get a good bit of them to go.
Anyone leaving for a mid morning run? I should be one the trail by 11 am. I plan on heading home at the end of the day. I will have the wife and kids so nothing too extreme.
I plan on packing lunch for the Family, What is there from Dinner in the area? Is there some where close to grab something on the way out?
Several places to eat..Hardees, mcdonald,burger king,pizza places, etc...

Me and the wife will be there in our Isuzu's.....Team Turtle on the sides.

Isuzu guys and gals I'll be up there friday morning:beer:

man i really really wish i could finally get to Mtn City sometimes but it never works out!My whole summer was lost though being out here in afghanistan but i will be home in about 30 days hope to see you guys when i get home to go riding!

Back