"TOYS for ROCKS" toyrun aug 8th Callalantee

UPDATE
We are shooting for a 5-->6pm meal,
We will feed as many folks as we can,we fed over a hundred last year.
Same as last year:
B.Y.O.B. = bring your own beverage
B.Y.O.C. = bring your own chair
We will have a BBQ plate with smoke pork bbq, Lisa's famous baked beans
and potato salad.
We'll even include fine china:rolleyes: and silver ware:rolleyes:
and clothe napkins:lol:
It will go like last year,come up to the table setup on the porch of the first cabin get a plate do the bbq sauce thing and go have a seat.
The first cabin is the one with all the Isuzu's on it,try to leave your rigs in the campground or on the road,we don't want any traffic moving at the cabin because of safety and lack of space.
C-ya'll out on sunday
ALSO
We will have several volunteers at the entrance of the park to collect toys or $ (some folks don't like to shop:lol:I ended up buying a Rodeo full last year)
and no signing a roster it was to slow last year
So we will have two lines coming into the campground instead of one,we'll be as smooth as possible so every one can get on the trails.
If you get there after 12 just give your toys to ronnie at the "pay cabin" or take them to the first cabin.
Be safe and enjoy

What's the charge for the meal? Or should we just bring extra toys?

As for the toys- any specific requests- types, size or age limits of toys?

Barbies and Hot wheels...cant go wrong with that.

I just wanted to clarify something, in case some dont know.

Turtle Mechanic pays for and cooks this meal, out of his own pocket. He and his wife do this because they want to...not have to. I expect it cost a pretty penny to do this.

Just wanted to say that, in case someone did'nt know. Big props to ya Doug and family!!

I have two sons, So my wife will be happy to get to shop for girls toy.

Can't wait to try your BBQ Turtle.

We've never been to Mt City and the wife is wondering how Kid Friendly it is? Is there a good place to show her pictures of the location, How about a park map?

IIRC last year Turtle lucked up and actually had a sponsor for the food.

That said, they did an great job, was awesome, best different beans I ever had. Not your run of the mill canned baked beans!

We've never been to Mt City and the wife is wondering how Kid Friendly it is? Is there a good place to show her pictures of the location, How about a park map?

map! hahahahaha :rolleyes: youll understand saturday my friend. Im not laughing at you, just remembered the crayola maps of years ago....

Given the number of people that I believe will be there, best advice is to keep them close and under watchful eye. As with anywhere there are more friendly places and less friendly places as far as dangers to your kids.
Take some toys for them, while you are bottle necked in some places let them get out and play. Toy trucks seem to be the favorite among the young wheelers. I even see some with RC trucks playing big boy(or girl).
Dress them in something that you don't mind them getting dirty. They will! Take a change of cloths for them, everything from drawers to shoes.
Keep a look out where they play, have seen snakes, and poison oak.
You can click my pictures link and find a lot of pictures from Mnt City
good luck, and have fun.

map! hahahahaha :rolleyes: youll understand saturday my friend. Im not laughing at you, just remembered the crayola maps of years ago....
yes true. Stick with people who have been there.... at least twice! There are two maps and they both will drive you nuts.

Oh and everything upnover said is dead on.
When I take my son wheelin, I stop more often and bring toys.
ummmm dont forget bears and coyotes.

woke up last year this time to a coyote right in front of the cabin.
last time I went in November, the day before we got there, heard there was a bear caught somewhere in the park on the trail to the trails... You'll know what I mean when you get there.

Given the number of people that I believe will be there, best advice is to keep them close and under watchful eye. As with anywhere there are more friendly places and less friendly places as far as dangers to your kids.
Take some toys for them, while you are bottle necked in some places let them get out and play. Toy trucks seem to be the favorite among the young wheelers. I even see some with RC trucks playing big boy(or girl).
Dress them in something that you don't mind them getting dirty. They will! Take a change of cloths for them, everything from drawers to shoes.
You can click my pictures link and find a lot of pictures from Mnt City
good luck, and have fun.

Thanks Chip,

I have had them at several events, So there used to being around rigs, With them being the age they are we keep them close and under a watchful eye. I am sure they will have a blast. Can't wait

I know we're having chopped/pulled BBQ this year....BUT here's a pic of Doug's ribs to get your mouth watering.

His BBQ is awesome.
Thanks Doug!

ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_wrenchfestspring09_smokedribs.jpg

Thanks all,
Yes the meal is free to those that show up with toys,
We didn't pickup a sponsor this year but it will be as good as last,we hope you enjoy it.
We are shooting for about 5-6pm so bring a chair your bev of choice and show up at the cabin
Please read
If you can let the folks taking the toys have a rough idea in the morning if your planning on enjoying dinner with us.
TIA
Doug and Lisa
A.K.A. Team turtle

May not be able to post anymore,I'll try in the am on friday.

There will be folks heading out in their little groups all morning,pick some rigs that are like yours and have fun,be safe

Thank you very much for hosting the event and Dinner! We will be there toting toys for a good cause!

Is it safe to assume that adult beverages are acceptable at dinner?

i wish i could go , this sounds like a good way to enjoy your weekend
maybe i'll get off my lazzy azz and fix the why J . and go???

Back