TJ to JK the Medication build

Yeah didn't think about that, 4.10s and 37s would bring the suck.

I finally got the Currie front track bar on and it clears a lot better, no worries on that now. My tires came in at Discount today, set of 35 12.50 17 Trailgrapplers. Will get them on by the end of the week.

Finally got a little trail time in today and what a big difference the shocks make, especially running the gravel roads, seems like the rougher it is the better it feels. Whole Jeep felt great on the trail today.

Winch line upgrade time, Ive put it off long enough and the whole safety aspect of it is what finally made my mind up to change too synthetic line. The wire rope on it already had a few kinks in it and that was the second round of wire rope. Took all the wire off and sanded the heck out of the drum to remove all burrs, it really wasn't all that bad surprisingly.
Carolina Metal Masters hooked me up on a custom fairlead as well, turned out really sweat, rope will be here Tuesday, I have 202 class Saturday so I have got to get it on before Friday.

Yep, its coming with it along with the hook. I went with 100ft of 3/8 instead of 125 of 5/16, warn cable. It is freakin stupid at how high synthetic rope is, the stuff couldn't cost that much to make, demand keeps it high I guess. Guys at Northridge 4x4 beat every other internet price I could find. I found some cheaper than the warn but I don't like buying things twice. I went with the standard hook instead of thimble, just a preference for me I guess.

I have started to build my 13 JK and this thread is a great read. Helps me by knowing some of the things you tried and changed.

Great looking Jeep man.

The JK looks really good man, something about silver 2 DR JKs, lol. I have had problems with the 37" MTR/k as well, will not balance and causing problems, I am moving to the Trail Grapplers this week.

IMG_1247.JPG
Few other things done, come up with a set of quick disconects for my winch leads, I have allways been wary of something happening(stuck selinoid) or something else that I could not stop my winch. These are SB175amp conectors comonly used on electric forkilfts, I deal with these every day, they are tough and very easy to use.

Do those have any issues with corrosion? New winch looks good. You'll have to let me drive your Jeep to get it stuck and try it out.

IMG_1248.JPG
There just isnt a perfect place for a fire extinguisher in a JK, that I know of. I carry one in the back, but I wanted one in the fornt that we both could reach, this is the best I could come up with and thanks to Nakoma for the idea. Quick disconect mount with a one pound extinguisher.

Do those have any issues with corrosion? New winch looks good. You'll have to let me drive your Jeep to get it stuck and try it out.

I have lifts that they run in and out of freezers all day and some in chemical plants, very rare for one too fail with corrosion.( and thier inexpensive)

Back